Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money (26903 Views)

LASU Confers Honorary Doctorate Degree On Dr. Fayemi / Sunday Igoho Conferred With Honorary Doctorate Degree / Nnamdi Ezeigbo Bags Doctorate Degree At ABSU Convocation, Face Of Slot Hails Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by suremanpatriot: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
Uncleodi:
Like seriously?
the election is inconclusive,therefore the convocayton is stil unconcluded grin grin
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Frankiss44(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2019
seguno2:

He is a fraudulent liar.
Why put inside unilag instead of the name of the useless university that sold him the fake doctorate certificate?
Abi the school is nameless

It's obvious you have issues.. You still have to tell us the problem you have the guy.. Because from the post he made, anybody that understands English will know the award had nothing to do with Unilag

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by fergie001: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
nony43:
If someone like Dangote was given a honorary degree he won't announce it, the University will do the annoucing
He was given one at UI in 2017.....the announcement,I think say na Buhari.....because osusu flow wella nah ; grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by salford: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
Acidosis:
Lmao grin grin

And some celebrities were seen congratulating e-money on Instagram. This is how envy, greed, competition and depression creep in.
You don't mean it lol
Nigeria is one joke of a country.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by bigtt76(f): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
Dr. E-Money cheesy

rhajaan:
This is in response to a previous thread that graced front page..
https://www.nairaland.com/5120151/e-money-receives-unilag-honorary-doctorate

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
The University of Lagos, #UnilagNigeria , on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at its 50th (2018) Convocation Ceremonies (Day 3), conferred Distinguished & Emeritus Professorship and Honorary Doctorate Degrees on the following eminent personalities:
1. Prof. James Dele Olowokudejo, a Professor of Plant Taxonomy, - Distinguished Professorship award.
2. Prof. Sulaiman A. Adekola of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Emeritus Professorship award
3. Alhaji Lateef Olufemi Okunnu, a foremost Lawyer & a former Federal Commissioner for Works & Housing- Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
4. Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya, founder of Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries and a Molecular Geneticist - Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
5. Mr. Jim Ovia, founder and Chairman of ZenithBank - Honourary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University of Lagos.
Please note that the University’s official colours are maroon and gold and the personalities who were conferred with these honorary awards by the Chancellor of the University (see pictures) are in the appropriate attire.
It is worthy to note that the afore-mentioned personalities are the only people who were conferred with these awards by the University of Lagos at the 50th Convocation Ceremonies, thus, any story stating otherwise is false and should be amended accordingly.
Thank you.
Signed,
Mrs. C. Taiwo Oloyede
Principal Assistant Registrar,
Communication Unit,
for Management, University of Lagos

Source: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2335852746658842&id=1850514788525976&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6677827556722385223%3Amf_story_key.-3760236719360552051%3Atop_level_post_id.2335852746658842%3Acontent_owner_id_new.1850514788525976%3Apage_id.1850514788525976%3Asrc.22%3Aphoto_attachments_list.%5B2335852506658866%2C2335852546658862%2C2335852583325525%2C2335852623325521%5D%3Astory_location.5%3Astory_attachment_style.album%3Aview_time.1554802887%3Apage_insights.%7B%221850514788525976%22%3A%7B%22role%22%3A1%2C%22page_id%22%3A1850514788525976%2C%22post_context%22%3A%7B%22story_fbid%22%3A2335852746658842%2C%22publish_time%22%3A1554751717%2C%22story_name%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22object_fbtype%22%3A266%7D%2C%22actor_id%22%3A1850514788525976%2C%22psn%22%3A%22EntStatusCreationStory%22%2C%22sl%22%3A5%2C%22dm%22%3A%7B%22isShare%22%3A0%2C%22originalPostOwnerID%22%3A0%7D%2C%22targets%22%3A%5B%7B%22page_id%22%3A1850514788525976%2C%22actor_id%22%3A1850514788525976%2C%22role%22%3A1%2C%22post_id%22%3A2335852746658842%2C%22share_id%22%3A0%7D%5D%7D%7D&__tn__=%2As-R
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Propsvilla(m): 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
E Money did nothing wrong, it is just that some people wasted their money going to school because they cannot comprehend simple grammar.

He said at an event inside Unilag not by Unilag

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Xisnin(m): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
Datrealnaijaboy:
He didnt say the award was from UNILAG!!!!! Why is English hard like this He said it was an Event held in Unilag!!!!

It seems you have a problem making inferences.
Honorary degree are awarded by educational institution not some random organization.
If he got a degree, he should have told us who gave him.

What would you think if I told you:
"I just received my Visa at an event held in the US embassy."

5 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Xisnin(m): 3:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
Arizonaaddict1:
E money never talk say unilag honour him with a doctorate degree o he said he said he was awarded at a ceremony inside unilag
Who awarded him an honorary degree?
MC Oluomo?

He wanted to trend by refusing to name the institution that gave him the allege award.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Daminovic: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
Propsvilla:
E Money did nothing wrong, it is just that some people wasted their money going to school because they cannot comprehend simple grammar.

Maybe you should check this picture b4 spewing trash

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv6uVrjnO8K/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by karnap(m): 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
E-money is eating uncooked yam,who gave him the certificate then,or the money he paid don't reached where this man is speaking. I'm going to Instagram to meet him there .
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by karnap(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
omeddy805:
Pictures don lie...
someone should help me zoom the image,what's written on the batche.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
Ezeego1:

You can't even recognize a Photoshop. Yeye!

His picture is photoshop the contrast does not blend with the lighting of the place simple I studied IT
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by karnap(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
FuckThaMod:

Na wa o.. so what's happening? In na only emoney dey the pics then i for believe this debunk news. But look at him with elderly men in gowns and that place is clearly unilag
I tire oooo, he should come and answer us oooo, I'm going to Instagram straight up.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by karnap(m): 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Xisnin:

It seems you have a problem making inferences.
Honorary degree are awarded by educational institution not some random organization.
If he got a degree, he should have told us who gave him.

What would you think if I told you:
"I just received my Visa at an event held in the US embassy."

so you think another school will come to unilag to conferred people with degree?
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by airsaylongcon: 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2019
Dammysmart:
Hello all, I have read much about frustration and
people doing the unthinkable and here am I in
almost the same situation. I am jobless and really
need a job to keep me busy, up and doing. I am a
graduate of history and international studies,
finished with a 2.1 and really bright. I am highly
proficient in the use of all Microsoft office tools.
I
believe someone here would be of help to me, pls
help a brother, son and an economically depressed
soul. I am highly productive and can deliver
qualitatively. I have sent out cvs but I just am not
getting any invite. Someone please help with a job!
I am based in Lagos but can relocate for job
purpose.
HR and well meaning Nigerians please assist

If you cannot write a Macro that will drive a self updating dashboard please remove that "highly proficient" and replace it with knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Dammysmart: 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2019
airsaylongcon:

If you cannot write a Macro that will drive a self updating dashboard please remove that "highly proficient" and replace it with knowledgeable
okay Sir, thanks
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Jerryembassy91(m): 3:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
Orthodox Jews rejected christ not Messianic
uuzba:

Do you know that Jews have rejected Jesus Christ and then whole New Testament?
By what other name cab anybody be saved again?
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Xisnin(m): 3:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
karnap:

so you think another school will come to unilag to conferred people with degree?
No, I think emoney deliberately posted that message to confuse people.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by gsmguru: 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2019
Haa, this is serious.

Meanwhile...

Discover The Highly Profitable And Lucrative World Of GSM Industry Business Opportunities!

Do you know that Africa is now said to be the second world’s biggest and fastest growing Telecommunications/ GSM market after China?

Do you also know that the Telecommunications/GSM industry in Nigeria is currently the second biggest revenue generating industry after the petroleum industry?

Do you also know that the GSM airtime recharge, the GSM mobile phones as well as other GSM products/accessories business is now said to be one of the most profitable, lucrative and fast growing business venture anybody can engage start in the country?

Do you further know that a lot of smart Nigerians have started this business with a low capital but within a very short period have started earning millions of naira from it every month consistently?

Do you know that the major GSM airtime recharge dealers and distributors are raking in tens of millions every month and likewise the major dealers of the GSM handsets and other mobile phone products/accessories?

Do you know that by applying the right marketing and business strategies, you too can begin to make a sale of over ten million naira from the GSM air time recharge, GSM mobile handsets and other GSM products and accessories every month within a very short period of starting the business?

Do you want to learn more about how you too can participate in this highly profitable and lucrative business?

If so, then why don’t you too also participate in this powerful, insightive and life changing Telecommunications/GSM industry business? To learn more, click on this thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5050471/start-raking-millions-every-month

Don’t let this golden opportunity pass you by!
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Truthbites: 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2019
Who then conferred the degree on him? Its possible he conferred it on himself

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Sermwell(m): 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
Propsvilla:

there was a fraudulent misrepresentation in that statement by E-money. there was an intention to deceive the public!!

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Tocco(m): 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2019
The event held inside University of Lagos.. It was European-American University that honoured him (According to his post on IG)

MrRhymes101:
Pictures don't lie. The list is inconclusive... Wedding MC
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by uuzba(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2019
Jerryembassy91:
Orthodox Jews rejected christ not Messianic
Uncle,
"Christian - Christ-ian" Person who follows the Man called Jesus Christ.
Person who believes in his teachings.
person who believes he is the way truth and life.
Person, who does everything he asked us to do, in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Any Other English is NOT Christian.
You cannot be a follower of Christ and not be a Christian.
Maybe you are following another person. But definitely not Christ.
That person cannot lead you to heaven.
God told us, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to Him", when Jesus was Baptised in the Jordan.
You cannot be following God and rejecting Christ.
Well, your own decision.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Hedonisst: 6:16am On Apr 10, 2019
Datrealnaijaboy:
Nairalanders please read English well biko.... E-Money never said He was awarded the Honorary Doctorate Degree by UNILAG

His comments read 'I have just received a Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Management and Corporate Governance at an event held

INSIDE the University of Lagos
[i][/i]

Please confirm your Facts before making comments abeg

@iam_emoney1 I apologize on their behalf

He couched that statement with INTENT to mislead, and he did mislead the unsuspecting majority. To that extent he is culpable.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Jerryembassy91(m): 6:57am On Apr 10, 2019
You started well but along the line u got it twisted
...I believe in christ that makes me "christ Like"(christian) not christian as a Religion..I believe in christ and the Law of Moses that makes me a Messainic Jew
uuzba:

Uncle,
"Christian - Christ-ian" Person who follows the Man called Jesus Christ.
Person who believes in his teachings.
person who believes he is the way truth and life.
Person, who does everything he asked us to do, in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Any Other English is NOT Christian.
You cannot be a follower of Christ and not be a Christian.
Maybe you are following another person. But definitely not Christ.
That person cannot lead you to heaven.
God told us, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to Him", when Jesus was Baptised in the Jordan.
You cannot be following God and rejecting Christ.
Well, your own decision.
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by Dshocker(m): 8:58am On Apr 10, 2019
mulante:
Any big man that has to tell you he's a big man is small. Do not be bamboozled by Instagram Billyonaires.

You actually hit the nail on the head
Re: UNILAG Denies Conferring Honorary Doctorate Degree On E-money by HONORARYDEGREE: 11:11am On May 06, 2020
Get an HONORARY DOCTORATE OF DIVINITY from a reputable institution of higher learning.Honorary degrees can be legally awarded as done by many universities throughout the world.No other degree is as widely recognized as the Honorary doctorate degree because of the honour and respect associated with being conferred with such an honour.This award is ecclesiastical in nature which is contrary to an academic doctorate which requires several years of postgraduate education.The degree is not recognized by employers as having the same stature as a corresponding earned doctorate degree and should not be represented as such.

The ecclesiastical honorary doctorate, or Dr. Honoris Causa, can legally be added to your name in the U.S, in Europe, and in many other countries.Do you know that late Dr Nnamdi Azikwe had an honorary degree? Are you aware that most people in key political positions hold only honorary doctorates?

If you wish to elevate your status in society and be addressed with respect then getting a doctorate of divinity will be of an added advantage.You can have it framed and hung on your office wall for your visitors to see.This award (honoris
causa) is awarded to persons who have contributed immensely to their community and the church.If you deserve the special recognition and honor of receiving the Honorary Doctorate of Divinity Degree then we will be very glad to assist you.Please be aware that there are so many bogus fake honorary degree awarding institutions and diploma mills out there.We can assist you in applying to verified theological institutions worldwide on our database to obtain a verifiable doctorate of divinity.

Please note that each institution has their own strict guidelines and criteria which applicants must meet, which will be evaluated before the award will be given.A donation will also be suggested.Also note that we are not affiliated to any
of the institutions advertised.These institutions do not sell their Honorary Degrees, however there is a suggested donation amount.We offer a consultancy service and such charge our clients for our service.Contact us below for only serious minded persons

Honorary Awards
Tel: +2347013060243
Email: honorarydegreesng@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students In Preparation For EKSU Forth Coming Second Sememter Examination (pics) / Olanrewaju Ayobami Esther: 'To See Me, You Come To Class And Wait' / Nigerian Students Win N1.4m In Facebook Hackathon Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.