Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos (32628 Views)

Inside World’s First Airport For Flying Cars Unveiled In UK (Photos) / Five Parrots Removed From Public View For Swearing At Visitors In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Acquires New Train Coaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2019
LZAA:

Nigger area is a lost cause
Deomelo knows
Cc immhotep sarrki Adaibeku Afonjaconehead
They will soon acquire simulator for cattle rearing grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by PussyKing(m): 2:29pm On Apr 09, 2019
This looks like the first rocket ever launched on earth grin grin

Buhari God will surely punish you and tinubu

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
Our problem is not our leader nor it’s citizen

But that Colour Green white Green
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by en0uwem: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by akigbemaru: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
ChangeIsCostant:
NIGERIA is set to take delivery of an automatic aircraft firefighter simulator equipment as the builders, Messrs Alpine Metal Tech. Company has carried out the factory acceptance and pre-shipment inspection test of the simulator in presence of top Nigerian functionaries including the Minister of State, Aviation, Hadi Sirika.

The simulator, the first of its kind in Africa, is a modern- multi scenario fire fighting simulator capable of delivering training for different types of operational incidents involving aircraft in the aerodrome and its vicinity.

This is in fulfillment of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority requirement for training of firefighters in the airports and will, overall, enhance competence in achieving the primary objective of saving lives in the event of a fire incident.

The pre-shipment test, which took place in the United Kingdom Monday, showcased the full complements of about 28 possible fire/non fire scenarios carried out including; cabin fire simulation, cabin smoke, lavatory smoke and the likes.

Other simulation tests include DHC 8 starboard engine, DHC 8 starboard undercarriage, starboard side, CRJ-900 starboard engine, APU, portside, A320 Undercarriage, A320 Port engine, Port Wing, fuel spill burn pit, internal fires among the vast arrays of simulations it can imitate.

Minister of State, Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika who spoke after inspecting the equipment and the company facility with some government functionaries said the simulator was costing the nation about N5 billion and is a safety equipment that is key for airport operations.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/nigeria-acquires-state-of-the-art-aircraft-fire-fighting-simulator.html
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by truthstands20: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2019
May God handle Buhari for taking this country for a ride. N5billion what? Judgement on APC and Buhari is coming very soon.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by logan2(m): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2019
kettykin:
shameless fools , you will never hear of them acquiring the latest economic simulators from the Harvard or MIT only equipment for killing those whom their bereft economic policies has driven to economic despair,

Tu , Tu, Tu, Tuifakwa !!!!
at the bolded reminds me of adverts in old nollywood movies grin
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by incogni2o: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2019
This stimulator looks like Polytechnic Project
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by frubben(m): 3:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
all dis one go just serious gondey buy rubbish
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by colossus91(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
grayht:
State of the art fire fighting simulator. shocked
Who did this to us?

Looks like welded parts from "Nigeria Airways Plane"
I swear u read my mind but well its APC so I'm not surprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by BUGOFF(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
Dem wan put am for museum?
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by subcbouy: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2019
Fairly used PS simulator hahaha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by johbara: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2019
This people really want us to believe say this thing cost 5BN.....na wah oh!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2019
Stevengold:
Looks like kerozine tank. grin cheesy cheesy

cheesy grin

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by eazyhifii(m): 6:23pm On Apr 09, 2019
Pictures of the inside or idonbliv it. Looks like welded petrol tank, Like all this secondary school intro-tech project.

Hmmm I don't trust Nigerians with all this kynd things, just another opportunity to pocket 3billion.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by planetx: 6:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
This scrap for #5 billion? This country is beyond redemption.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by apureclient(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
What!!!! Wait!!!! What. Is this an aircraft or a Geepee tank �.. Dis must be a joke
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by Jizzy911: 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
It is a firefighting simulator for aerodrome fire fighters. It will prepare them for several scenarios in the event of an aircraft incident/ accident. before now, fire fighters travel to Cameroon to use their simulator and it costs the nation a lot. Having our own is laudable and a good step forward.
eazyhifii:
Pictures of the inside or idonbliv it. Looks like welded petrol tank, Like all this secondary school intro-tech project.

Hmmm I don't trust Nigerians with all this kynd things, just another opportunity to pocket 3billion.
ChangeIsCostant:
NIGERIA is set to take delivery of an automatic aircraft firefighter simulator equipment as the builders, Messrs Alpine Metal Tech. Company has carried out the factory acceptance and pre-shipment inspection test of the simulator in presence of top Nigerian functionaries including the Minister of State, Aviation, Hadi Sirika.

The simulator, the first of its kind in Africa, is a modern- multi scenario fire fighting simulator capable of delivering training for different types of operational incidents involving aircraft in the aerodrome and its vicinity.

This is in fulfillment of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority requirement for training of firefighters in the airports and will, overall, enhance competence in achieving the primary objective of saving lives in the event of a fire incident.

The pre-shipment test, which took place in the United Kingdom Monday, showcased the full complements of about 28 possible fire/non fire scenarios carried out including; cabin fire simulation, cabin smoke, lavatory smoke and the likes.

Other simulation tests include DHC 8 starboard engine, DHC 8 starboard undercarriage, starboard side, CRJ-900 starboard engine, APU, portside, A320 Undercarriage, A320 Port engine, Port Wing, fuel spill burn pit, internal fires among the vast arrays of simulations it can imitate.

Minister of State, Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika who spoke after inspecting the equipment and the company facility with some government functionaries said the simulator was costing the nation about N5 billion and is a safety equipment that is key for airport operations.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/nigeria-acquires-state-of-the-art-aircraft-fire-fighting-simulator.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2019
grayht:
State of the art fire fighting simulator. shocked
Who did this to us?

Looks like welded parts from "Nigeria Airways Plane"

Scathing remarks, even when you don't have an idea about what you read. Nigerians, over sabi people
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by maasoap(m): 9:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
colossus91:

I swear u read my mind but well its APC so I'm not surprised

Politics of bitterness kill u there. I guess PDP did better during their useless 16 years of governing this country, that's why APC is just acquiring it in its just 4 years of ruling.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by maasoap(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
PussyKing:
This looks like the first rocket ever launched on earth grin grin

Buhari God will surely punish you and Tinubu

For acquiring what successive government couldn't acquire because they didn't give it priority or "I don't care attitude" or just because the equipment looks the way it does? Too many morrons in this country
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by Sammyblaq(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
Our problem is more than this?.
Rubbish country. Who simulator help?
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by osazsky(m): 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
to me it looks like a silos,for storing rice
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 10, 2019
And this scrap costs #5b? Nigeria is doomed!
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by funimages: 2:17am On Apr 10, 2019
*Afrinnet global enterprise* offers data entry services using Ms word, excel, power point etc.
Distance is not a barrier...
Modalities for accessing this services:
1. Whatapp me on this number 09099195753.
2. Snap and upload the manuscript to me on whatapp.
3. Make financial commitment.
Our services are fast and delivery time is short.

*Advantages of working with us*
1. We assist when you need it urgently
2. You can call us *the online secretary*.... You don't have to employ a secretary... You pay per work.... Meaning less expenses.
3. We have a great team of qualified staff to do your job .... So accuracy and speed is sure.

Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by Jakumo(m): 3:39am On Apr 10, 2019
uuzba:

Oga, as it is a simulator, would it not have made us happier if they showed pictures of the INSIDE?
This just one of those stupid Nigerian things where you will hear, "The man that use to ON it is not arand"
Hence the equipment will remain OFF AND UNUSED because not this missing man.

There is no "inside" to photograph. This mock fuselage is designed to be set alight with fuel that sends flames spewing out, as would occur in a real aircraft fire, at which point the performance of the fire-fighting trucks and crews would be evaluated for operational readiness, while they move in to extinguish the fire.

Obviously this aircraft analog cannot be made of aluminum, since it would melt, so it is made from a heavier, more flame resistant metal that can withstand repeated fire fighting exercises.

There is one of these structures at virtually all major airports worldwide, to keep the fire fighting crew and equipment in a state of readiness. If you are landing at London Heathrow, Runway 27L, you will notice one of these facilities off to your left, near the maintenance hangar. In Switzerland's Zurich airport, the location to look for this equipment is off to the right of Runway 16, beside the perimeter fence.
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by richiepolymer(m): 6:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Nonsense! Shame dey catch me
Re: Nigeria Acquires Aircraft Firefighting Simulator From UK. Photos by colossus91(m): 7:02am On Apr 10, 2019
maasoap:

Politics of bitterness kill u there. I guess PDP did better during their useless 16 years of governing this country, that's why APC is just acquiring it in its just 4 years of ruling.
I can't imagine how stupid u can be but then again.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atleast Nigeria Is Visa Free To One Strong European Country; Andorra / Pilot Saves A Plane Enroute Calabar From Crashing / Twin Tanker Explosion At Sagamu Forces Interchange Bridge Closure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.