Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:52 AM

BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill (397 Views)

Police Trust Fund: Court Stops Deductions By FG, Orders Refund To Rivers / President Buhari Appoints Suleiman Abba, Chairman Police Trust Fund BOT, Others / Buhari assents Police trust fund bill, rejects 17 others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill by olajay86(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/04/breaking-senate-passes-police-trust.html

The Nigerian Senate on Tuesday passed the Nigeria Police Trust Fund Bill.

We recalls that last week, President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, had promised the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, that the Senate would fast-track its work on both the Police Trust Fund Bill and the Police Reform Bill.

However, speaking on Tuesday, Saraki said the bill, which was also passed by the House of Representatives, will provide the funding needed for training and recruitment.

Saraki said, “By passing this bill, we will be creating big strides towards providing and improving security and the policing in our country.

“One of the major concerns has always been the issue of funding. We believe that this bill will provide the funding needed for training and recruitment.

“I am confident that by the time we lay the report on the Police Reform Bill, we would have gone a long way in moving the police in the right direction,” he added.

Re: BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill by BuhariAdvocate: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
Which fund.
Re: BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2019
this is quite good
Re: BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill by Officialgarri: 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
VictorFixed1212:
Wow amazing
aren't these guys guilty of spamming? Rule 1, 6, 9, 18.....
Re: BREAKING: Senate Passes Police Trust Fund Bill by Blue3k(m): 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
I dont see the police reform bill passing. I believe this is the case because it reduces presidential power. The trust fund bill will probably pass. I still think the issue kf security votes should be addressed but nobody in government want to get rid currupt practice.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

APC To Tribunal: Atiku Is A Cameroonian, Can’t Challenge Buhari’s Victory / May 29: Incumbent Govs, Govs-Elect Intensify "War" / Ogun State’s Mismanaged Advantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.