Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident (30997 Views)

The Current State Of Toilets In UNICAL Hostels / Aerial View Of FUTO Owerri- PICTURES / Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Seconsol92(m): 8:12am On Apr 10, 2019
My alma mater

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Kdon2: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2019
donvicky2007:
LOL
HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THE VC USED U GUYS MONEY TO BUY THE SAID CAR, IF U HAVE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE REPORT HIM THE EFCC.

Where did he get the money to buy bulletproof car?
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Dammysmart: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2019
[quote
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Henz24(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2019
Op, you need to stop saying, the VC uses a Prado jeep and it is not worth 36million

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by udo2018: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Hotfreezer:
What is happening to schools in Igboland?

The other day, those ones turned UNN to a latrine, then the ones in Absu turned SUG election into a chieftaincy title for only Ngwa people. Now, the VC of Futo is buying Toyota like someone that wants to start Uber business.

Look at the building sef, looks like an abandoned shrine.

They should just shut down the school and use it for shopping plaza.
You made no sense..
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Jerry2i(m): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2019
donvicky2007:
LOL
HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT THE VC USED U GUYS MONEY TO BUY THE SAID CAR, IF U HAVE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE REPORT HIM THE EFCC.
Don't mind him.
Uninformed students should stop peddling false news.
Even the 12500 paid by the students was paid after the riot not after the fire incident.
After the riot n looting of the FUTO ICT unit, students were asked to pay 12500 for replacement of damaged structures and stolen system. Some SUG executives that were suspended or expelled took the school to court, so the school could not go ahead with renovations in case court requests for evidence. Then came the fire outbreak which was no fault of any student. The school management could not go ahead to renovate because they will end up renovating the part damaged during the riot.
Fast forward February this year after the case ended in court the school management kick off with the renovation of the ICT unit.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Jerry2i(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Hotfreezer:
What is happening to schools in Igboland?

The other day, those ones turned UNN to a latrine, then the ones in Absu turned SUG election into a chieftaincy title for only Ngwa people. Now, the VC of Futo is buying Toyota like someone that wants to start Uber business.

Look at the building sef, looks like an abandoned shrine.

They should just shut down the school and use it for shopping plaza.
What's your problem? SMH
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Triniti(m): 9:20am On Apr 10, 2019
2fine2fast:
My own question is why do Nigerian universities build crappy structures without any architectural or artistic finesse?

What are their architectural departments doing for fkc sake?
I’m telling you bro, the bland type of structures these guys put up always amaze me. I follow Persian architecture, we really have a very poor taste in structures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Pcstradamus(m): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2019
How about the days of Prof Njoku?
echelons:
I miss the good old days of Prof. Onwuliri (God bless his soul) and the doggedness of Prof Asiabaka. These guys pulled their weight in making FUTO a sane institution.

These days, it's one sad news to another.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by sirqeeboi(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2019
2fine2fast:
My own question is why do Nigerian universities build crappy structures without any architectural or artistic finesse?

What are their architectural departments doing for fkc sake?

My school is worse in term of that call something lawn don't walk there the next build a bungalow on it and separate toilet ..i cant believe in 20ties where toilet are built separately from main building and the head is an architectural.

1 Like

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by deltateam: 11:23am On Apr 10, 2019
Dammysmart:
Hello all, I have read much about frustration and
people doing the unthinkable and here am I in
almost the same situation. I am jobless and really
need a job to keep me busy, up and doing. I am a
graduate of history and international studies,
finished with a 2.1 and really bright. I am highly
proficient in the use of all Microsoft office tools. I
believe someone here would be of help to me, pls
help a brother, son and an economically depressed
soul. I am highly productive and can deliver
qualitatively. I have sent out cvs but I just am not
getting any invite. Someone please help with a job!
I am based in Lagos but can relocate for job
purpose.
HR and well meaning Nigerians please assist
Good morning, I'm still posting as I still believe in
someone here helping, pleaaaase affect a life today.

I keep on telling people to seek advice before choosing a career path.

History as a subject is dwindling, even it was ousted during Jonathan's era.

There is no regard for history in Nigeria. You would have saved yourself this embarrassment if you have made due research on your course.

Don't just go out and accept any course only to become a destitute tomorrow.

A graduate begging for a job? Its unbelievable and shouldn't be. It's an anomaly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Dammysmart: 11:31am On Apr 10, 2019
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by balonaija(f): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2019
wow
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by deltateam: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2019
Dammysmart:
Contribution noted sir, is there any help you can offer sir?

What degree did you graduate with? Was it B.ED in history?
If not I will advise you go and learn a skill. There are government established skill acquisition centres in different States which are free.

You can enter into Agriculture; snail farming, fishery or animal husbandry.

Crop farming is also good. These are low cost start-up if you have a land, village or town.

You will even employ your colleagues along the line. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Dammysmart: 11:55am On Apr 10, 2019
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by deltateam: 12:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
Dammysmart:
Thanks Sir, I graduated in History and International Studies. All points noted but they require capital which is quite consequential for business startup. The question of where do I get the money beckons and that's why I'm here sir, a job to get money and startup something.

Take the first steps first. Forget about money. What you need at this moment is knowledge. Go for it, acquire it. With that knowledge, money would definitely come.

What I mean in lay man's grammar is;

Once you attend those skill acquisition centres and bend down and learn well. You may be lucky to get funded by government loan scheme or a relative might invest in you to start.

You can equally attach yourself to an already created fishery farm or Agricultural farm within your vicinity or walk up to the Oga that delivered the seminar. He will know someone that needs your services. But go for knowledge first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by Dammysmart: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2019
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by justuschi50: 1:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
lilyheaven:
V.C can't buy car in peace again. It's his salary, he can do whatever he wants to do with it.
u are mad i paid 12500 surcharge fee for damage after the protest and the mad man i call my vc used it to buy bullet proof car yet the ict buildinghas not yet been done
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by badman007(m): 3:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Univeristy Of Technology... HaHaHa

I'm tired of the Almangiri Republic of Nigeria

I give up!

Oyel rich nation, giant of Africa my nyash
Re: The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident by lilyheaven: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
justuschi50:
u are mad i paid 12500 surcharge fee for damage after the protest and the mad man i call my vc used it to buy bullet proof car yet the ict buildinghas not yet been done
When you are through insulting your mother, go and collect the SUV from him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Did You Know" Picture Series / List Of Jamb Accredited Registration Centres For Cbt Utme 2019 Approved By Jamb / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.