Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers (19567 Views)

Teenage Venza Car Snatchers Gunned Down In Benin, Edo State (Graphic Photos) / Student Loses N800,000 To Fraudsters After Processing NYSC Mobilization / Soldiers Chain Man To Motorcycle In Lagos, Drag Him On Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by malakaimoscondo: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
tactius:
The good thing is that there are prosthetics he can use.

Plus, the way prosthetics are developing, in thirty years time, he can use a prosthetic that is connected to his brain that works like his hand normally

All hope is not lost for this guy. I wish him well
nice one Egbon,but thirty years far small bfor prosthetic wey dey connect with brain and assist victim use it like normal hand come out o.....
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by desmond2pk: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
Which kind thing be this one na
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Chai! Them don fvck am up. The way the guy come dey look sef dey funny. Like he no believe.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by omakay(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2019
tactius:

Plus, the way prosthetics are developing, in thirty years time, he can use a prosthetic that is connected to his brain that works like his hand normally

Affordability is a huge factor....

Do not forget...

Not everybody will have the financial opportunity to afford whatever technological innovation we see and hear of.

1 Like

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by malakaimoscondo: 11:06am On Apr 10, 2019
Carlyboi:
Really!how could human beings do this?those guys are animals..
calling them animal sound fair to me,they are beast moving around with dagger around their body..you can't buy new machine,I mean motorcycle and move freely in Kaduna on it at night. the day u buy it that is the day u call bad omen upon ur self if care is not taken.they also stab their victim to death just to snatch fone...this guys use knifes better that meat seller.

1 Like

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by balonaija(f): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2019
hmmmm
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by malakaimoscondo: 11:08am On Apr 10, 2019
Jacktheripper:
If he voted Buhari with those hands, then he deserves it. If otherwise, may the perpetrators rot in hell.
lol hahahaha funy u,I pray is not amongs those guys that do say ,they rather have their thumb chops off that to use it cast for PDP at any level of election.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by mozona(m): 11:09am On Apr 10, 2019
He should ave let dem, now he lost his bike and his two hands

What a pity
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Anonymous4: 11:12am On Apr 10, 2019
I don't believe this News. I saw a post with this same guy picture that Gunmen attacked him and chopped his both hand with cutlass.. now it's stealing Bike from him.. We're still waiting for the genuine source
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 10, 2019
tactius:

Fear Middle Belt and South too
na north worse pass
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by agabusta: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2019
Jacktheripper:
If he voted Buhari with those hands, then he deserves it. If otherwise, may the perpetrators rot in hell.

Imagine? so democracy is no longer freedom to vote for the person of your choice??
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Kursk2019(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2019
Skoji:
God! where have we missed it in this country
From the very beginning.. Our independence was way too early
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by opportunities12(m): 11:27am On Apr 10, 2019
tactius:

At what cost? Is this technology affordable for the common man to access.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by wink2015(m): 11:29am On Apr 10, 2019
gistblogger:
GistMore.com

A 200 Level student at Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Habibu Abubakar Nakasari, has lost his two hands as some men attempted to dispossess him of his motorcycle.

Habibu, who is studying English Language at the institution, suffered the attack in the early hours of Sunday.

The undergraduate was allegedly accosted in the early hours of Sunday around Manna area of Sokoto South Local Government Area, where his two hands were cut off before his attackers fled with his motorcycle.

He is currently receiving treatment at the Orthopaedic Hospital, Wamakko, Sokoto State.

According to a statement released by Aminu Abdullahi Abubakar, the Director of Press to Sokoto State Deputy Governor, Manir Muhammad Dan’Iya, who represented the governor, the government has vowed to apprehend and prosecute those responsible for the attack.

Speaking at the hospital bedside of Habibu, Dan’Iya said, “The governor mandated me to come and visit you and your family to assure you that all hands are on deck to arrest and prosecute the perpetrators according to the law.

“This barbaric behaviour is unbecoming among the youths and our government will not condone such act, as this will be the last to be seen in the state, God willing,” Dan’Iya added.

The Deputy Governor further disclosed that Governor Aminu Tambuwal has directed the full settlements of all medical bills of the victim by the state government.

It may be recalled that a few weeks ago, one Abdullahi Shehu, in a similar situation was allegedly attacked by political thugs who cut off one of his arms in Sokoto metropolis.

Shehu was later flown to Abuja where doctors battled in vain to attach his severed arm.

https://punchng.com/usmanu-danfodio-varsity-student-loses-two-hands-to-motorcycle-snatchers/

Very sad news for this young man.

He has just joined the association of AMPUTEES.

From now on his life will take a dramatic twist.

How can he fend for himself?

Why decapitate his hands and make him useless for life especially to himself.

1 Like

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by olisaEze(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2019
“Speaking at the hospital bedside of Habibu, Dan’Iya said, “The governor mandated me to come and visit you and your family to assure you that all hands are on deck to arrest and prosecute the perpetrators according to the law.”

grin pun intended abii

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Brightest04(m): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2019
They've succeeded in making him another armless street begger.May God help him find helper to write his story to better life.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Isoduwa(m): 11:40am On Apr 10, 2019
lilfreezy:
I'm a little pissed

Thanks for knowing your level
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Chinny024(f): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2019
North this, north that......Nigeria deserve a fresh breeze abeg...
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by sageer1706(m): 11:43am On Apr 10, 2019
The way area boys and thugs are parading themselves in sokoto (even before the security operatives) baffles me, Area boy can dispose u of ur property in the presence of police men and nothing will happen
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by saintneo(m): 11:46am On Apr 10, 2019
Wickedness! North, South, East or West, this pure wickedness.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
So sad embarassed
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by payosehtor(m): 12:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
cyprus000:
is this not the same picture I saw on nairaland with another caption
exactly what I've noticed. this same picture was link to electoral violence in kano.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Read the story well again.
nicepoker101:
I wanted to say the same.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by SVC6000: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ur Were Lucky They Din't Take Ur Life. Next Time Follow Instrutions Ok.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by mechanics(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Wow, those people are wicked o, they have rendered him impotent, he should have just given them the bike and not struggle with them.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by kayroc: 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
grandstar:
So sad.

Did the thieves go with the hands? I'm confused.

If the hands weren't stolen, replantation can be carried out at IGBOGBI

Honestly those doctors at Igbobi are performing wonders there but they don't really publicise. We have medical talents in this country but lack of seriousness is holding us back.

Those surgeons at Igbobi are really trying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Bewiseedet(m): 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
One reason I don't like norths
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
Jacktheripper:

I am not one of Buhari's supporter but what you've just said is nonsense.
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by gsmguru: 5:28pm On Apr 10, 2019
This is just too bad...
Re: Usmanu Danfodio University Student Loses 2 Hands To Motorcycle Snatchers by IMAliyu(m): 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2019
Chinny024:
North this, north that......Nigeria deserve a fresh breeze abeg...
If you want bad news from the south there is no shortage of that, just check NL front page.
Nigeria is a s**t hole.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Have Taken Over Our Farmlands; They Kill Rape Our People— Delta / 18-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 5-Year-Old Girl In Kano / Police Rescue 15 NYSC Members Abducted By Unknown Gunmen In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.