Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,582 members, 7,958,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg (2245 Views)

Fact Check: Does Nigeria Have More People Living In Extreme Poverty Than India? / 91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Extreme Poverty Looms As Nigerians Lose 20.9m Jobs In Three APC Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by nijabazaar: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2019
Thank you Buhari, you've achieved a milestone...

Now we are the poorest of the poor, isn't Buhari a wonderful President?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by nijabazaar: 9:57am On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I suspect you didn't comprehend what you read so let me break it down for you in dummy mode ::

China has 1.4 billion [/b]people and just [b]14 million people living in abject poverty

India has 1.3 billion people and 67 million people living in abject poverty .

Nigeria has has 190 million people with 92 million living in abject poverty

Okay now let's do the maths by adding China's poor and India's poor together and compare against Nigerias poor .

67 million + 14 Million = 81 million

So you can see even though the combination of China and India has 14 times our population we have more poor people than both countries combined . Can you see how bad it is ..

Thanks my dear.

The guy you quoted is dumber than Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2019
Bizibi:
The poor buharists embraces poverty,even the educated ones here lie everyday and one would think they get contracts every month from the government,some of them will borrow money to feed then come here to defend a complete failure.

One of them in my area sent me a text message just 2 days ago asking for some soft financial assistance to feed his growing daughter and I just remembered our arguments before the elections and his celebration after the election and I told him I don't have

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by grandstar(m): 10:13am On Apr 10, 2019
olagbola45:
Wail on idiot people from d so called western word

You people are pained and nothing u will do....

Your enemy tells you 1+1= 2 and you become entaged. Does it change the facts?

It's not about being pained. The economy is in a dreadful state.

These are the opinions of an economist. They are the best to educate about the state of the economy.

If you're very sick , do you consult the average Joe on street on what to do or you consult a doctor? Likewise, you should seek the opinion of an economist on economic related.

https://www.nairaland.com/4861949/lamido-sanusi-laments-buharis-economic

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

It's very easy to do the maths guy , go to your family right now take the income of you dad , your mum and sibling and divide it by 30 and you will see you are all living below the poverty bench mark . Bro if you see two Nigerians standing be assured one is living below the poverty benchmark .

I need you answer this questions correctly

Can your family really afford healthcare? Bro my family is OK... Very ok

Can you family afford electricity supply ?

Do you have access to potable water ?

Has anyone in you family ever bought a brand new car ? Not Tokunboh ooo

Is the road infont of your family house tarred ?
bro my life is great and family is great
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 10, 2019
Kundagarten:

Is this a joke?
bro do u know what extreme poverty means
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 10, 2019
Ziggylady:

Nigeria's education is in shambles for real...Imagine the reasoning of a supposedly educated person shocked

Shocking!
sorry bro.... Seems u don't know what extreme poverty means
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Bizibi(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

One of them in my area sent me a text message just 2 days ago asking for some soft financial assistance to feed his growing daughter and I just remembered our arguments before the elections and his celebration after the election and I told him I don't have
they are the ones who beg the most and after offering help to them they will still boldly tell you that buhari has fixed the economy, the price of commodities is down but they've forgotten they complained about the price of commodities before....... World people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
bro my life is great and family is great

N.a. lie ..ro the maths please
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by anochuko01(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
helinues:
Lol.
What is our population compared to India and China?
China population - 1.38bn India population - 1.3bn Nigeria population - 190m
Op decided to mislead people with that headline .. Too bad
too much garrigrin
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:

Yes!!! what you and your siblings are going through now is a form of extreme poverty

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Yes!!! what you and your siblings are going through now is a form of extreme poverty
Wow am sure God will feel sad he created someone like u... May your words not destroy ur life because you have been marked for this
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
Wow am sure God will feel sad he created someone like u... May your words not destroy ur life because you have been marked for this

So God will be sad because I told you the truth?

Do the maths man and stop living in denial..one in two Nigerian live in extreme poverty man ..Do the maths for you family and tell me if you are rich

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

So God will be sad because I told you the truth?

Do the maths man and stop living in denial..one in two Nigerian live in extreme poverty man ..Do the maths for you family and tell me if you are rich
why insult my family when you don't know me... Bro ur case is settled
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:

I never insulted your family man , I just advised you do the maths and you will see that Nigerians are really in a bad place , the truth is that most Nigerians are poor and many are very poor so we can't keep pretending.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Kundagarten: 1:29pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:

Travel to the north and you'd see extreme poverty.
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Tallesty1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
This article is based on total rubbish....

Imagine this abstract :

A decade ago, Nigeria had far fewer people in extreme poverty than either China or India; today, according to data compiled by the World Data Lab, it has more than both combined. The count stands at more than 90 million

Imagine in a country of like 190 million people... Their stats is claiming 90 million are in extreme poverty.... Thats a big lie

Check out this stats:
we have over 2 million registered member on Nl.. at least 10 000 is active daily.. All those 10,000 have families... As along as the 10,000 have a browsing phone and data to browse it means their family are not extremely poor

So Where's the Stats coming from
No repeat this nonsense in the public again bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by princfred(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2019
Ziggylady:

Nigeria's education is in shambles for real...Imagine the reasoning of a supposedly educated person shocked

Shocking!
meaning not just extreme poverty but extreme illiteracy too.
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by DanielIdiege(m): 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
Aswear
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by princfred(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
Does he need to know your family first before dishing you your public poo? Is knowing your mind set as seen in that shallow reply not enough?

Abeg na only question i ask for my great grand friend
grin
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by GavelSlam: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

SalamRushdie aka Reno Omokri, be inventing stories everyday.
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2019
SarkinYarki:

people are reeling out pure facts and you yelling propaganda while in reality 98 percent of your family members fall into the bracket including you

The fact that you had to drag family into this shows what a bad job your parents did raising you. Bad job. Very bad. The worst.
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by SarkinYarki: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
jayfolarin:

The fact that you had to drag family into this shows what a bad job your parents did raising you. Bad job. Very bad. The worst.

Bro the fact is that 50% of Nigerian families are living below the poverty benchmark and I didn't cause it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by omohayek: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
jayfolarin:

The fact that you wilfully insist on misinterpreting as an insult what is merely a statement of fact - that almost every Nigerian who isn’t Dangote will have numerous relatives living below the poverty line - shows that you either have serious problems comprehending written English, or that you know you have no reasonable arguments to counter this damning assessment of Buhari’s tenure, and are therefore looking for a dishonest way to disrail the discussion into irrelevancies. Stop feigning insults where none where clearly none were intended, and either point out any factual errors you see, or admit the obvious about Buhari’s failures as a leader!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2019
princfred:
Does he need to know your family first before dishing you your public poo? Is knowing your mind set as seen in that shallow reply not enough?

Abeg na only question i ask for my great grand friend
grin
SMH

Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
jayfolarin:

when someone doesn't have respect for his own family every other family will look like trash to him...
I have learnt that in this world you will meet people whos life and only importance dwells on their keypads
Re: Nigeria Has More Extreme Poverty Than India & China Combined - Bloomberg by nwanyionitsha: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
helinues:
Lol.

What is our population compared to India and China?

China population - 1.38bn
India population - 1.3bn
Nigeria population - 190m

Op decided to mislead people with that headline .. Too bad
Oga,percentage is what is used not population. Nigeria has about 50% poverty rate, that mean, when for every 10persons counted, 5are poor.
If India and China have 30%poverty rate, it means if every 10 persons counted, only3are poor. I hope you understand now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikot Oku Ikono Flyover On Course / Nigeria May Receive First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Fighter Jet This Year / Jewish Worshippers In Abia Hold All Night Vigil For Biafra Heroes- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.