Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,284 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss (45225 Views)

Some Diets Pregnant Women Should Avoid / 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others / 27 Foods To Avoid During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Avoid kunu Aya and nunu, those drink will go straight to your boobs.

That is not a problem. It means adding fat in the right places. Unless you're talking to guys.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by queenfav(f): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
Sorry, lemme be managing my fat Abeg.. All the things I love to eat is on the list.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
Shawncavendish:

That is not a problem. It means adding fat in the right places. Unless you're talking to guys.
Well if u wanna fat, take the drinks.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Intermittent fasting is the best way to lose weight. If I want to lose a considerable amount of weight in just one month, I will start eating only one meal a day, at about the same time of the day. I can eat anything I like and in large quantity.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Grupo(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Avoid kunu Aya and nunu, those drink will go straight to your boobs.

That makes it good na. So that you can get big boobs for zaddy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by kokomilala(m): 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
Absolutely, but I'll still eat white bread and banana and be shredded .Because there's nothing like losing weight. People actually want to lose fat.
There's a way a train my clients that make them shredded in weeks.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
wetting person go come eat.

make i dey chop my amala with ewedu nah
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2019
Grupo:

That makes it good na. So that you can get big boobs for zaddy
Back pain
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Grupo(m): 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Back pain

Zaddy will give you some romantic back massage na and the pain will subside. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Enemyofpeace: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2019
I'm sick and tired of this no chop this no chop that nonsense Jo. tohyorsih2 abeg bring breast milk for me to eat this yam jare
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
Grupo:

Zaddy will give you some romantic back massage na and the pain will subside. Case closed.
I hear ya
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by dalass(f): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2019
MrThisandthat:
Nothing makes a man loose weight like being broke and unemployed your girlfriend wey no get work come carry belle ontop...
Double wahala grin grin
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Grupo(m): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I hear ya

Oya, come meet zaaddy in za Ọza room.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by uyor3: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2019
Hmmmm. . .thank God say Akpu and Egusi soup no join. . .God is Great!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
Guyman02:

Drink tea (Lipton not Milo) without Sugar and full cream milk.
Eat oaths and beans and potatoes; drink lots of water, eat green vegetables, fish and chicken breast

I mean for the solid, but I think i get your point, but our diet can't be mostly protein,

Shawncavendish:
Intermittent fasting is the best way to lose weight. If I want to lose a considerable amount of weight in just one month, I will start eating only meal a day, at about the same time of the day. I can eat anything I like and in large quantity.

I do that now, and I realize most times, I don't really need to eat that much since there's fruit that don't eat list is so brutal mehn

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Reelnah: 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2019
Seriously... wetting man go con chop
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by olatechnician(m): 8:16pm On Apr 10, 2019
but why my own is d other way round......i dey eat all dis food bt ah no dey add weight.......dats y ppl call me ‘inu fele tebi ko‘

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
gisthabit:
Losing weight and staying in shape is one of the ways of leaving a healthy life.

For most people, the process of weight loss is a rigorous routine that is yielding little results than what is expected. Some people seem to be gaining weight instead of losing it even after staying faithful to their respective weight loss program.

There is a saying that the secret to weight loss is in the kitchen. This means that for you to lose weight, you will have to watch what you eat irrespective of your current exercise program.

The kind of food you consume during the weight loss program and even after the program goes a long way in deciding how effective the weight loss program will turn out to be.

Particularly, few foods grossly undermine the efforts to lose weight loss. One needs to be mindful of what one eats when trying to lose weight.

Let’s examine 10 foods to avoid during weight loss.

#1. WHITEBREAD.

Bread, particularly white bread and multigrain bread are full of carbs. Bread is highly refined and densely filled with calories. Particularly, the multigrain bread is so misleading. Also, bread is full of added sugar and high in glycemic index which likely to cause in the increase of blood sugar levels defeating the purpose of weight loss. So, it’s better to stay away from white bread and reach your weight goals.

#2. FRUIT JUICES.

Any fruit juice, whether it is homemade or found in the shelves of a supermarket, it doesn’t contain the essential fibres. Because of its delicious and great taste, you are tempted to drink a lot in a short time. There your weight loss goal is lost as well. Apart from that, most of the supermarket juices are full of sugar and preservatives as well. This adds nothing to body system but calories.

#3. FULL CREAM MILK.

Full cream milk is highly loaded with fats. It is best suited for making desert but not for daily consumption. If you are aiming to lose weight you better stick to toned milk which has 2% of fat.

#4. SALADS WITH HEAVY DRESSINGS.

Salads are in fact very good in promoting overall health, as few foods are best consumed in the raw form so as to optimally utilize the naturally occurring nutrients. But the salad dressing and the salts used in the salads to make it tasty defeat your diet goals. These are not only full of empty calories but also have added preservatives. The salts increase sodium levels and blood pressure.

#5. FRUITS HIGH IN NATURAL SUGARS.

It is recommended that one should eat 3 to 4 servings of fresh fruits for a healthy weight and for weight loss. But not all the foods aid in weight loss. In fact, a few fruits like Mangoes, Papaya, Banana, etc are full of natural sugars, which may undermine your efforts to shed a few kilos.

#6. POTATO CHIPS AND FRIES.

Well, it is obvious that potato chips and fries are a big no if you want to maintain a healthy weight. So, it’s common to suggest to avoid these when trying to lose weight. Studies have proved beyond doubt that chips and potato fries cause the weight gain. Hence they should be altogether discarded.

#7. ALCOHOL.

Alcohol is full of empty calories. Anything of alcohol, whether it is red wine or malts whisky, for that matter the brewed beer all of them cause weight gain. Even if you take in moderation, one ends up consuming more than 1000 calories a month, means weight loss is impossible.

#8. PASTRIES AND COOKIES.

Pastries and cookies are made with refined flour, coupled with the fact that they have added sugars for the improved taste. These tasty foods also have transfats. All of these make the foods a serious no for weight loss foods.

#9. ICE CREAMS.

Well. Ice creams tempt anyone, whatever may be the season, ice cream after a meal is the best thing that can ever happen. But what we should understand is that the delicious taste of ice cream is as a result of sugars. A small portion of ice cream consists of many calories. Also, it is tempting to eat more. The problem with ice cream as a dessert is we have already had more calories as anything above meal is extra.

#10. PIZZA.

Yes, everyone’s favourite pizza is also under the say no to foods for weight loss. Pizzas are made with refined flour. Whatever the healthy names they may give it in the stores. Another unhealthy ingredient found in pizza is the processed meats. So, in the nutshell, pizza is full of empty calories and food to be avoided for weight loss.

Source: https://gisthabit.com/top-10-foods-you-should-avoid-during-weight-loss/

Wetin come remain to chop?
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Ntente(m): 9:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
I would love you to get registered in Reacharge and get Paid today but *There* are 3 *of* *kind* *mindset* :

1. The *Employees* mindset - The people with this kind of mindset will always ask, "If I register today, how much will they be paying every month?"

2. The *Gambler's* mindset - These people will ask, "If I register now, how much do i get back?"

3. The *Entrepreneur's* mindset - The Entrepreneurs will ask, "What are the procedures for building this business? And what is the guarantee that if i follow these procedures #diligently, I will become financially free for life?"

Which kind of mindset do you have...�Examine yourself ���

Join the what'sapp group or share the link;

https:///HqynURqPF2NHf5wTnv5i2S[/color]
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2019
I do that now, and I realize most times, I don't really need to eat that much since there's fruit that don't eat list is so brutal mehn [/quote]

I omitted something. I mean ONE meal a day.

Intermittent fasting is the best way to lose weight. If I want to lose a considerable amount of weight in just one month, I will start eating only ONE meal a day, at about the same time of the day. I can eat anything I like and in large quantity.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by nickxtra(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2019
Guyman02:

Drink tea (Lipton not Milo) without Sugar and full cream milk.
Eat oaths and beans and potatoes; drink lots of water, eat green vegetables, fish and chicken breast
Chicken get breast?
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Victoria25(f): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2019
Okay ooooo,noted.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by ashawopikin(m): 6:00am On Apr 11, 2019
gisthabit:
Losing weight and staying in shape is one of the ways of leaving a healthy life.

For most people, the process of weight loss is a rigorous routine that is yielding little results than what is expected. Some people seem to be gaining weight instead of losing it even after staying faithful to their respective weight loss program.

There is a saying that the secret to weight loss is in the kitchen. This means that for you to lose weight, you will have to watch what you eat irrespective of your current exercise program.

The kind of food you consume during the weight loss program and even after the program goes a long way in deciding how effective the weight loss program will turn out to be.

Particularly, few foods grossly undermine the efforts to lose weight loss. One needs to be mindful of what one eats when trying to lose weight.

#1. WHITEBREAD.

Bread, particularly white bread and multigrain bread are full of carbs. Bread is highly refined and densely filled with calories. Particularly, the multigrain bread is so misleading. Also, bread is full of added sugar and high in glycemic index which likely to cause in the increase of blood sugar levels defeating the purpose of weight loss. So, it’s better to stay away from white bread and reach your weight goals.

#2. FRUIT JUICES.

Any fruit juice, whether it is homemade or found in the shelves of a supermarket, it doesn’t contain the essential fibres. Because of its delicious and great taste, you are tempted to drink a lot in a short time. There your weight loss goal is lost as well. Apart from that, most of the supermarket juices are full of sugar and preservatives as well. This adds nothing to body system but calories.

#3. FULL CREAM MILK.

Full cream milk is highly loaded with fats. It is best suited for making desert but not for daily consumption. If you are aiming to lose weight you better stick to toned milk which has 2% of fat.

Salads are in fact very good in promoting overall health, as few foods are best consumed in the raw form so as to optimally utilize the naturally occurring nutrients. But the salad dressing and the salts used in the salads to make it tasty defeat your diet goals. These are not only full of empty calories but also have added preservatives. The salts increase sodium levels and blood pressure.

It is recommended that one should eat 3 to 4 servings of fresh fruits for a healthy weight and for weight loss. But not all the foods aid in weight loss. In fact, a few fruits like Mangoes, Papaya, Banana, etc are full of natural sugars, which may undermine your efforts to shed a few kilos.

Well, it is obvious that potato chips and fries are a big no if you want to maintain a healthy weight. So, it’s common to suggest to avoid these when trying to lose weight. Studies have proved beyond doubt that chips and potato fries cause the weight gain. Hence they should be altogether discarded.

#7. ALCOHOL.

Alcohol is full of empty calories. Anything of alcohol, whether it is red wine or malts whisky, for that matter the brewed beer all of them cause weight gain. Even if you take in moderation, one ends up consuming more than 1000 calories a month, means weight loss is impossible.

Pastries and cookies are made with refined flour, coupled with the fact that they have added sugars for the improved taste. These tasty foods also have transfats. All of these make the foods a serious no for weight loss foods.

#9. ICE CREAMS.

Well. Ice creams tempt anyone, whatever may be the season, ice cream after a meal is the best thing that can ever happen. But what we should understand is that the delicious taste of ice cream is as a result of sugars. A small portion of ice cream consists of many calories. Also, it is tempting to eat more. The problem with ice cream as a dessert is we have already had more calories as anything above meal is extra.

#10. PIZZA.

Yes, everyone’s favourite pizza is also under the say no to foods for weight loss. Pizzas are made with refined flour. Whatever the healthy names they may give it in the stores. Another unhealthy ingredient found in pizza is the processed meats. So, in the nutshell, pizza is full of empty calories and food to be avoided for weight loss.

so wetin person go come chop Na
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by aalangel(f): 6:58am On Apr 11, 2019
gisthabit:

#1. WHITEBREAD.

#2. FRUIT JUICES.

#3. FULL CREAM MILK.

#7. ALCOHOL.

#9. ICE CREAMS.

#10. PIZZA.

Thank you for using pictures.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by DaddyGngeess(m): 8:01am On Apr 11, 2019
Even with all this foods and many more is not easy to gain weight If you are leaving in Nigeria, sun is too much abeg..
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by godunia(m): 8:36am On Apr 11, 2019
Mariangeles:
It has been proven that the best way to lose weight is not to deprive yourself but to cut down to the barest minimum, foods you love.

If you eat five slices of bread, cutting down to three, then two should be OK.
If you would eat three slices of pizza, eat one .
One scoop of ice cream should be OK for you too, at least once a week .
You can also have cookies and chocolate in small portions.
Don't eat everything you crave for in one day.
Remember, you have the rest of your life...don't eat like you're going to die tomorrow, or tomorrow, food will be gone .
Even eating so-called healthy foods like beans in excess is not good .
Drink lots and lots of water, it will help you minimize cravings.

FOOD IS OUR FRIEND NOT OUR ENEMY!
EAT RESPONSIBLY!
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Ajibaba101(m): 8:55am On Apr 11, 2019
if you want to be smarter and boost your brain capacity.....check out the food that is advisable for you
https://explicitsuccess.com/brain-food-for-studying/
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Yemi1987(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
I have already get my own definition for 'balanced diet' balanced diet is any food my mouth does not reject... politicians wey dey eat balanced diet dey get high high diseases/infections/ailments e.g hypertension, high blood pressure, asthma among others... abeg bring ma bread jawe!
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by VictoriaSmith: 7:02am On Aug 13, 2021
You are right. When you start the weight loss journey , the first thing you need to do is change your eating behavior. It would be best if you had balanced meals regularly. Because even if you are doing sports, you won't lose weight if you are not eating healthy. Remember 10% is from sport and the rest 90% are lost because of a healthy diet. The beginning is hard, but you have to understand that eating junk food is killing your body day by day. You will be able to see the first changes in one week once you start.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Cienapotr: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2022
Has anyone used supplements to build muscle mass for weight loss? Share your experience.
Re: Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss by Izamarfeat: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2022
During weight loss, it is also important to monitor muscle mass because excess cats quickly appear, which look very unsightly when weight is lost. Even athletes during intensive training use supplements to build muscle mass so that the body not only gets worse but also acquires a beautiful shape. Therefore, in addition to giving up certain foods during weight loss, it is better to exercise and build muscle mass. Otherwise, aesthetically, your body will not become attractive after losing weight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth Along Ozumba Mbadiwe This Morning / Dr. Obinna Igwilo Performs Robotic Surgery In US / Leukemia, The Disease That Killed Rotimi Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.