Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,920 members, 7,824,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? (1343 Views)

Reciting Al­fatiha Behind An Imam In The Prayer / Reciting Surah Al-Faatihah, Yaa Sin or Al-Ikhlas for the dead Muslim / Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2019
The most important prayer in Islam is surah Al-fathia, the starting ayah of the quran. I read it somewhere that quran 1:6-7, in the al-fathia, refers to the Jews and the Christians. I would need a better explanation if this is true/false and the implication it has on Muslims' daily prayers.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 7:36am On Apr 12, 2019
true2god:
The most important prayer in Islam is surah Al-fathia, the starting ayah of the quran. I read it somewhere that quran 1:6-7, in the al-fathia, refers to the Jews and the Christians. I would need a better explanation if this is true/false and the implication it has on Muslims' daily prayers.
If this is true that surah al-fathia 6-7 referred to the Jews and the Christians, does that mean that Muslims, ignorantly, pray mentioning the Jews and the Christians in their prayer, rather in a malicious manner?
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by usermane(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
First, according to Ibn Kathir, Christians and Jews are the ones alluded to.
https://quranx.com/Tafsirs/1.7

Whether this is what the Qur'an actually meant or not is debatable. I don't think it is a problem unless the Muslim praying believes Christians and Jews are the ones they mention.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 1:33am On Jun 11, 2019
true2god:
If this is true that surah al-fathia 6-7 referred to the Jews and the Christians, does that mean that Muslims, ignorantly, pray mentioning the Jews and the Christians in their prayer, rather in a malicious manner?
Your conscience doesn't allow you to rest, right?. You are worried because you know you are astray as the verses rightly said. It is true that it is debatable since Quran doesn't explicitly mention Jews and CHRISTIANS. For me personally, it is exactly Jews and CHRISTIANS the most probable religious societies alluded to because these two and Islam have undeniable historic moments and especially with Quran makes lots of references to them and their characteristics with respect to belief system. There is no doubt the Ayah is referring to matter of belief.

We may also say these ayat are speaking generally about any religious communities like Hinduism, Buddhists, etc. They too are misguided mushrikun and we seen in the Quran that Allah chastised mushrikun (idolaters)and their wickedness along with Jews (Q 5:82). In this ayah (Q 5:82), it clearly said it out loud that the Jews (not all) and idolaters (not all) have the same traits of hatred for Islam and muslims.

Now let's look to see evidence in our contemporary world. Look at India, majority Hindus (idolaters). China majority Buddhists (idolaters). Burma majority Buddhists (idolaters). Israel majority Jews has very close relation with India...israel-india alliance against their muslim neighbors. See how India is treating Kashmir (majority muslims). See how israel is treating Palestinians(majority muslims). See how China is treating her muslim citizens by destroying Masajid and putting muslims in concentration camps. See Burma caged Muslims like chickens. So you can see Jews and mushrikun behave same way exactly like they did in history and at the time Quran was revealed. This kind of behavior earns Allah's anger.

Christians on the other hand are portrayed in the Ayah as "dolal" i:e misguided or astray. But they are not necessarily wicked because there are section of them (eastern Orthodox) which shows love and affection for Muslims. Unfortunately, you, Mr. True2god sorry, false2god belongs to wicked section of CHRISTIANITY. What you said above however is from your own twisted notion. So verses 6 & 7, we pray that we don't earn God's anger like these wicked communities I mentioned above. And we also pray that we are never astray(as CHRISTIANs) and stand firm on the right Path that Allah is pleased with, Al-Islam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by aadoiza: 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Empiree:
Your conscience doesn't allow you to rest, right?. You are worried because you know you are astray as the verses rightly said. It is true that it is debatable since Quran doesn't explicitly mention Jews and CHRISTIANS. For me personally, it is exactly Jews and CHRISTIANS the most probable religious societies alluded to because these two and Islam have undeniable historic moments and especially with Quran makes lots of references to them and their characteristics with respect to belief system. There is no doubt the Ayah is referring to matter of belief.

We may also say these ayat are speaking generally about any religious communities like Hinduism, Buddhists, etc. They too are misguided mushrikun and we seen in the Quran that Allah chastised mushrikun (idolaters)and their wickedness along with Jews (Q 5:82). In this ayah (Q 5:82), it clearly said it out loud that the Jews (not all) and idolaters (not all) have the same traits of hatred for Islam and muslims.

Now let's look to see evidence in our contemporary world. Look at India, majority Hindus (idolaters). China majority Buddhists (idolaters). Burma majority Buddhists (idolaters). Israel majority Jews has very close relation with India...israel-india alliance against their muslim neighbors. See how India is treating Kashmir (majority muslims). See how israel is treating Palestinians(majority muslims). See how China is treating her muslim citizens by destroying Masajid and putting muslims in concentration camps. See Burma caged Muslims like chickens. So you can see Jews and mushrikun behave same way exactly like they did in history and at the time Quran was revealed. This kind of behavior earns Allah's anger.

Christians on the other hand are portrayed in the Ayah as "dolal" i:e misguided or astray. But they are not necessarily wicked because there are section of them (eastern Orthodox) which shows love and affection for Muslims. Unfortunately, you, Mr. True2god sorry, false2god belongs to wicked section of CHRISTIANITY. What you said above however is from your own twisted notion. So verses 6 & 7, we pray that we don't earn God's anger like these wicked communities I mentioned above. And we also pray that we are never astray(as CHRISTIANs) and stand firm on the right Path that Allah is pleased with, Al-Islam.
Brilliant piece, brother.

4 Likes

Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 8:04am On Jun 29, 2022
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Lukuluku69(m): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
Empiree:

Brilliant bro! Just brilliant.

After reading this he should make up his mind where he belongs.

2 Likes

Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by RightChanneI: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Your bro Empiree is not brilliant at all
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 8:10am On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
You are a comedian bro. I am pointing out the fact that Muslims subtly attack the Jews and the Christians anytime they pray, especially if they recite the suratu alfathiha. This is a malicious kind of prayer against people of opposing faith. And to even think that this surah is a word of allah is a joke. How can allah be praying in suratu al-fathiha and if the prayer is by mohammed then who is the one speaking in surah one of the quran?

Empiree:
This is pure conjecture. All your tafsir, notable ibn kathir, ibn jalalalyn and even ibn Masud said surah 1 ayah 5-6 is about the Jews and the Christians. You seem to have little or no knowledge about your own sources.

Empiree:
Now let's look to see evidence in our contemporary world. Look at India, majority Hindus (idolaters). China majority Buddhists (idolaters). Burma majority Buddhists (idolaters). Israel majority Jews has very close relation with India...israel-india alliance against their muslim neighbors. See how India is treating Kashmir (majority muslims). See how israel is treating Palestinians (majority muslims). See how China is treating her muslim citizens by destroying Masajid and putting muslims in concentration camps. See Burma caged Muslims like chickens. So you can see Jews and mushrikun behave same way exactly like they did in history and at the time Quran was revealed. This kind of behavior earns Allah's anger.
You have also forgotten that the Pakistanis treat non-muslims like animals. You have also forgotten that the Sudanese treat the black non-Muslims Africans as slaves. You also failed to mention that non-Muslims can never hold the office of the president in Indonesia. Should I also tell you that, except you are an expatriate the Saudis don’t allow non-Muslims into their countries. The Muslims are worse when it comes to treating non-Muslims badly. Should I remind you that there is no religious freedom almost in all the Arab Muslim countries? The point you raised above is laced with Islamic hypocrisy.

Empiree:
Thank God that you admitted that there are sections of Christianity/Christians who traditionally show love to Muslims. Should I remind you that when the 1st Muslims community was persecuted, they ran to Christian Ethiopia for refuge? Show me a single instance where Muslims show love to Christians. And please show me a section of Christianity that never gone astray.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 8:11am On Jun 30, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Olodo congratulating his fellow olodo. Muslims are clowns!
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 10:02am On Jun 30, 2022
true2god:
You are a comedian bro. I am pointing out the fact that Muslims subtly attack the Jews and the Christians anytime they pray, especially if they recite the suratu alfathiha. This is a malicious kind of prayer against people of opposing faith. And to even think that this surah is a word of allah is a joke. How can allah be praying in suratu al-fathiha and if the prayer is by mohammed then who is the one speaking in surah one of the quran?
You are a comedian. First all, do you believe in Allāh?

Second, if you file petition against someone for calling you "mad man" and you go to court and court asks you to present your evidence but in your evidence there is no mentioned of your name other than "mad man", do you think you have a valid case?. Judge will tell you that defendant didn't mention your name. Hence, your case will be thrown out of the window. So your case against Muslims in sura fathia is invalid. We do not mention other faith in the sura.. lobatan

This is pure conjecture. All your tafsir, notable ibn kathir, ibn jalalalyn and even ibn Masud said surah 1 ayah 5-6 is about the Jews and the Christians. You seem to have little or no knowledge about your own sources.
Qur'an says "guide us to the right path but not the path of those who earn God's anger nor of those who go astray". If you are not astray why are you worried?. For the fact that you are so worried means you know deep than you are astray. Your conscience is giving you sleepless night.

1 Like

Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by RightChanneI: 10:26am On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:

Second, if you file petition against someone for calling you "mad man" and you go to court and court asks you to present your evidence but in your evidence there is no mentioned of your name other than "mad man", do you think you have a valid case?. Judge will tell you that defendant didn't mention your name. Hence, your case will be thrown out of the window. So your case against Muslims in sura fathia is invalid. We do not mention other faith in the sura.. lobatan

Qur'an says "guide us to the right path but not the path of those who earn God's anger nor of those who go astray". If you are not astray why are you worried?. For the fact that you are so worried means you know deep than you are astray. You're conscience is giving you sleepless night.

Here you are, you ran away from what you started! shame on you

Empiree:
Even though I have answered you several times but your thinking capacity is very low. For this reason it is very difficult for you to grab.. In response to your question do you believe in Palestinian Christians Allah?

Show me your answer, how do you pass your common entrance exam ? Simple instruction is YES or No

I will ask you again for the last time

RightChanneI:

I agreed 100% with you that your Islamic allah has NO son

Are you serving the same Biblical Allah that has a Son called Jesus Christ with those in Palestine? YES or NO?

Instruction: Answer YES or NO
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2022
RightChanneI:

Here you are, you ran away from what you started! shame on you

Show me your answer, how do you pass your common entrance exam ? Simple instruction is YES or No

I will ask you again for the last time

Instruction: Answer YES or NO
I don't have time for dedewure that has no common sense
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by RightChanneI: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
I don't have time for dedewure that has no common sense

Only God knows how you passed your common entrance grin I won't cease exposing you guys! Big shame on you allah's slave
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
No I don’t believe in Islamic allah.

Empiree:
We are not in a court of law and I am judging based on the words and the interpretation of your scholars on suratu fathiha 5-6. I am not making a case against muslims but pointing out the fact that Muslims are obsessed with the Jews and Christians everyday of their lives and even codified it in the quran.

Empiree:
Qur'an says "guide us to the right path but not the path of those who earn God's anger nor of those who go astray". If you are not astray why are you worried? For the fact that you are so worried means you know deep than you are astray. You're conscience is giving you sleepless night.
That I am not a Muslims does not mean I have gone astray. You cannot use your biased religious book to judge my disposition. That I don’t believe in allah and his messenger doesn’t mean I am lost. Beliefs are subjective and based on whoever practices it. My only condemnation is your codifying the vilification of other faiths in your daily prayer. That’s a recipe for hatred and even violence.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
true2god:
No I don’t believe in Islamic allah.

Since you don't believe in Allah which means you don't believe in God, why should I waste my time with you?.. case closed, buddy.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
Since you don't believe in Allah which means you don't believe in God, why should I waste my time with you?.. case closed, buddy.
I said 'I don't in ISLAMIC Allah'. Read to understand bro.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
true2god:
I said 'I don't in ISLAMIC Allah'. Read to understand bro.
So which Allah you believe in?. There is nothing like "Islamic Allah". There is only one Allah.

When you finish deceiving yourself you let me know.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by true2god: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
So which Allah you believe in?. There is nothing like "Islamic Allah". There is only one Allah. When you finish deceiving yourself you let me know.
Allah is a generic name for God in Arabic lexicon. The Allah an Arab Christian believes is different form the Allah a Muslim Arab calls. I believe in the Christian Allah and not the Islamic allah.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2022
true2god:
Allah is a generic name for God in Arabic lexicon. The Allah an Arab Christian believes is different form the Allah a Muslim Arab calls. I believe in the Christian Allah and not the Islamic allah.
So how many Allahs are there?. So you mean there are two separate Allahs, one for Arab Christians..... One for Arab muslims right?. So which of them created the world?
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by AgentnairaIand: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Empiree:
So how many Allahs are there?. So you mean there are two separate Allahs, one for Arab Christians..... One for Arab muslims right?. So which of them created the world?

What they are telling you is that your Islamic allah has NO son while Arab Christians believes in Allah that has a Son.
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by Empiree: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
AgentnairaIand:

What they are telling you is that your Islamic allah has NO son while Arab Christians believes in Allah that has a Son.
you think I'm a fool?
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by AgentnairaIand: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2022
Empiree:
you think I'm a fool?

Yes!! 100% fool
Re: Surah Al-fatiha 6-7; Which People Does It Refer To? by KUNZEH(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2022
AgentnairaIand:

Yes!! 100% fool
Let's be guided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Quran 41:53: Fiction Or Reality? / Islam Is A Peaceful Religion With Those Who Are Peaceful / 22 Dua From The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.