Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

The Uniformed Thugs Called Lastma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Uniformed Thugs Called Lastma (513 Views)

Obi Condemns Attacks In The Country, Urges Nigerians To Pray For Uniformed Men / List Of Heads Of Uniformed Agencies That Were Appointed By President Obasanjo / Hajiya Safiya Umar, AEPB & Abuja’s Uniformed Female Harassment Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Uniformed Thugs Called Lastma by Sashafm(f): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
I have always heard about the brutal treatment melted on law abiding , tax paying Nigerians by the lastma officails. However I witnessed it firsthand today.
We were on our way to Lekki with the official car and decided to stop by Marina and drop a document . My official vehicle driver packed beside the road to drop my colleague.
Immediately he stooped a lastma truck just corned our vehicle by the side and 5 lastma officials(thugs) came down and started banging on our car windows and windscreen. They forcefully opened the driver's door pulled the frightened guy out of the car and entered the vehicle forcefully, while the official that pulled the driver outside sat at the driver's sit and was trying to start the car another one entered the passenger sit and was shoving my colleague and I out of the vehicle. All these happened so fast and we were still trying to comprehend what was happening. I asked the guy politely what the issue was. I kept asking that they should speak to us and let us know what the issue was instead of treating us like thieves and harassing us, the guys did not even pay attention to me he just kept driving.
On motion my colleague and I got down from the vehicle and hailed a keke and started following the car at the back.(At that point what was on my mind was these could be kidnappers disguised as lastma officials)
The car was taken to their office in sura mogaji on lagos island and immediately the tires were deflated. While i was trying to talk to the guy that drove the vehicle that there was no need to behave in such a demeaning manner all because we parked by the road side . The Lastma guy named Sule working in Zone 38 Lastma division started calling me names and raining curses on me (part of it was an Harlot). I was perplexed as to what was actually happening.At that point I got infuriated and started demanding to speak to their area commander who did not turn up. We were kept under the sun for 3 hours without any communication whatsoever. While we were waiting my colleague called her boyfriend who is in the army, he couldn't come immediately but dispatched some group of soldiers to the place. It was not until the soldiers came before the commander came out and released the vehicle. At this point the lastma guy that ruff handled and called us names was nowhere to be found. This really affected me and kept wondering what if my colleague did not have someone in the military what would have become our fate?
Its saddening that our law enforcement agencies are filled with guys like that and we the responsible citizens are left at their mercy.
Re: The Uniformed Thugs Called Lastma by mabeni(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2019
The fear of plasma is the beginning of wisdom. I always try my best to avoid them .dont wanna encounter them again

(1) (Reply)

APC Claims Atiku Not A Nigerian, Gives Proof-atiku Reacts / Ex-inec Chairman, Jega Alleges Fraud In 2019 Elections / Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.