Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor (514 Views)

Obi, Udenwa, Ihedioha Reject ‘Imposition’ Of Anyanwu As Southeast PDP Secretary / 2019: Remain In Abuja, You’ll Be Stoned – Okorocha Warns Udenwa / Okorocha Builds Duplexes For Mbakwe, Enwerem, Udenwa, Ohakim (Ex Imo Governors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by Imo1stson: 8:41am On Apr 21, 2019
Former governor of Imo State, Chief Achike Udenwa, is highly disturbed. His worries stemmed from the turn of events in the country. He, therefore, hopes that the Sudan uprising does not happen in Nigeria.

The former Minister of Commerce and Industry lamented the economic situation in the country since the advent of the Buhari administration, saying that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, who would have taken Nigeria out of the woods, got his mandate trapped.

Udenwa said: “We’ve seen what has happened in the past four years and if we can project from what has happened, you will see that we have no chances, we have no hope. The economy is down. It continues to be down. Nothing is moving. The country is even disintegrating on a daily basis. Udenwa, however, said that the only solution towards resolving the myriads of problems plaguing the country is through the restructuring of the country. Excerpts:

You were governor of Imo State and later became the Minister of Commerce and Industry. What have you been doing since you left office as minister?

Since I left office as a minister, I have been running a small outfit. We deal with property and investments. That is what I have been doing since then, though things have been very rough.

In terms of what?

In terms of the economic situation in the country. It has affected every sector of the economy.

Is it since the beginning of the current administration or prior to the administration?

The present administration, the APC government, has put us in the mess we are in now. The whole economy is almost grounded and nothing seems to be happening. Business has been tough.

In that wise, people expected notable politicians like you to have sent this government packing. But you were not able to do that. What happened?

I am sure we sent the government packing. We really did across the country. If you look at the results across the country, you will agree with me that this government should not have been there at all. We are still at the tribunal; we are hoping to have the best out of it.

Read more...

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nigeria-disintegrating-under-buhari-udenwa-former-imo-governor/
Re: Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by ClearFlair: 8:42am On Apr 21, 2019
Bunch of jokers. Buhari till you have sense
Re: Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by Blakjewelry(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2019
the real division I see is those who are selfishly suppose buhari and those who really knows we are in deep shit
Re: Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 21, 2019
The last election was clearly rigged, the ambience from the country makes it very evident..

It got to a point, groups, associations and even countries were being reminded to send congratulatory messages..
Re: Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by Hector09(m): 9:25am On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari major work now is to unite the country, apc did nt win election here in south south especially here in rivers state is becus they hate buahri and nt apc as a party, buahri is very tribalistic, especially wen it cums to herdsmen
Re: Nigeria Disintegrating Under Buhari – Udenwa, Former Imo Governor by Amuocha: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari means tribalism and division.

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai Flags Off Cargo Delivery By Rail / Senate Approves The Inclusion Of The NFIU In The Board Of Directors / Okoroawusa by Umu-Obieze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.