Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,022 members, 7,953,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:07 AM

Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested (35411 Views)

Who Destroyed The System Between Buhari, The Governors And The Citizens? (Video) / DPO Shoots Amotekun Operative For Arresting Fulani Herdsman Who Destroyed Farm / Lagos To Prosecute Suspects Who Destroyed And Looted Public/Private Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Gazzy88(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2019
amzee:
GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH.
HE SHOULD BE MADE TO PAY FOR THE PHONE WITH HIS 7 MONTHS SALARY.

LIKE IF YOU AGREE AND SHARE IF YOU DISAGREE
How does that salvahe the situation? You should know that liking doesn't ass to your bank account.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 11, 2019
bishopkay:

Probably he would replace the iPhone then get demoted or dismissed but prison term, I doubt. Except there has been another evil he did before that would come out to lim light to nail him
Exactly
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2019
gypsey:
Yes, i do. the problem with Nigerians is they don't Understand their own country's law. i am sure that You don't either. No disrespect. Some Nigerian laws are the same with Britain's. Nigeria was a British colony.
have you ever attended a court hearing in nigeria?

But some people on here claimed earlier that the student is a criminal for owning an iphone. how about that eh?
Lol, you are sure? I attend court hearings all the time cause its part of my job description, and i'm Telling you that once the option of replacing that phone is given, there will be no jail term. Maximum punishment will be reduction in rank or dismissal. No one said he is a criminal for owning an iphone, they said he was a suspect, and yes, if you own an iphone without proof of a job or a rich family in Nigeria, you are a suspect
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
Lol, you are sure? I attend court hearings all the time cause its part of my job description, and i'm Telling you that once the option of replacing that phone is given, there will be no jail term. Maximum punishment will be reduction in rank or dismissal. No one said he is a criminal for owning an iphone, they said he was a suspect, and yes, if you own an iphone without proof of a job or a rich family in Nigeria, you are a suspect
precisely my point, After the replacement of the phone, You stated also that Maximum purnisment would be reduction in rank or dismissal, thank you! That's justice done! grin i wasn't Suggesting that there must be a jail term.

As i asserted Earlier replacing the phone deosn't mean justice done. you Agree? tongue

I feel sorry for people without a job or rich families in Nigeria as they are not allowed to own an iphone. grin

You and I always comes to Similar conclusions or an Agreement eventually, I wonder how and why undecided.

we must have something in common tongue
if i may, what happens to be your line of work? or job descriptions? perhaps i could learn more from you.
You are aware also that owning an iphone does not Automatically means that one is a Criminal. Most Criminals (or the clever ones) wouldn't want to bring suspicions upon themselves by Displaying an Expensive Gadgets or otherwise. I know. i was a big time criminal.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Rolly22(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2019
Englishgold:
He might be awusa man. They are full of greed and always don't like good things.

They are bunch of illiteracy.

Full of envy and don't know their work, just like their brother in aso

Please stop this tribal Rubbish and face the matter at hand.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Rolly22(m): 11:17am On Apr 11, 2019
So yesterday I had to Quarrel with most water lodged brain people here saying that the police man was Joking as if they are not seeing the envy And Jealousy on his face.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
They were raised in a home, if the family do a good job in raising kids, almost all sectors in public offices will be good.

Since that is the case, extreme measures should be taken to curb destruction of lives by these criminals in uniform. It is so sad to see a police who should be protecting you causing you harm...
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2019
germanized:

Since that is the case, extreme measures should be taken to curb destruction of lives by these criminals in uniform. It is so sad to see a police who should be protecting you causing you harm...
Next time, when you see a police officer doing the wrong thing, snap and make a report, social media is there for you.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
Next time, when you see a police officer doing the wrong thing, snap and make a report, social media is there for you.

LoL warri babe. grin
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Smile4me01(m): 11:30am On Apr 11, 2019
That is why people can no longer give police vital information because their neurotic people even with the information they implicate you and tell the suspect that you are the one that gave them the information stupid institution we find ourselves in this country.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 11, 2019
gypsey:
precisely my point, After the replacement of the phone, You stated also that Maximum purnisment would be reduction in rank or dismissal, thank you! That's justice done! grin i wasn't Suggesting that there must be a jail term.

As i asserted Earlier replacing the phone deosn't mean justice done. you Agree? tongue

I feel sorry for people without a job or rich families in Nigeria as they are not allowed to own an iphone. grin

You and I always comes to Similar conclusions or an Agreement eventually, I wonder how and why undecided.

we must have something in common tongue
if i may, what happens to be your line of work? or job descriptions? perhaps i could learn more from you..
The rate of crime in Nigeria is high. when a person lives above their means, they becomes suspects. No one is branded a criminal until proven by a law court. One of the powers of the police is to be able to put question to anyone which he deems useful in carrying out his duty. Policing is hard o
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
The rate of crime in Nigeria is high. when a person lives above their means, they becomes suspects. No one is branded a criminal until proven by a law court. One of the powers of the police is to be able to put question to anyone which he deems useful in carrying out his duty. Policing is hard o
which law states that anyone who is living above their means in Nigeria is A criminal? i think you just made it up. grin And the Rich Families or Individuals cannot be criminals or Suspects? because it appears from your Assertions only the Rich are allowed to own expensive iphones and gadgets, without questions on how they Acquired their wealths, Very discriminatory i must add, Ordinary Nigerians in the streets are The only Suspects?

Should every not wealthy Nigerian also carry the receipts or proof of purchase of every items they own? to proof that they are not criminals? grin it is a laughable kanganroo, Biased and Discriminatory policing system i must also add. that system of policing wouldn't even be suggested here in England. let alone Applied.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Xisnin(m): 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
Champneys:
Good.

Make him replace the phone, sack him and get him to court for damages where he should serve a minimum of a month in jail with hard labour

How will he pay if they sack him?
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
Xisnin:

That would be his problem, who cares? going by your views he should be kept in work so that he can be able to afford to pay. grin what a $@$@€%&÷* Assertion.

Does that mean after paying then they should sack him? grin
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2019
gypsey:
And the Rich Families cannot criminals or Suspects? because it appears from your Assertions only the Rich are allowed to own expensive iphones and gadgets

Should every not wealthy Nigerian also carry the receipts or proof of purchase of every items they own? to proof that they are not criminals? grin it is a laughable kanganroo, Discriminatory policing system i must also add. that system of policing wouldn't even be suggested here in England. let alone Applied.
Thats england, this is Nigeria. If police start asking everyone for phone receipt now, it is the same Nigerians that will shout harassment. We have the bad ones in the force but most times, stop and search go peacefully but you Dont hear anything about it. They Dont even ask for receipt from anyone, they just go through your phone. Before you start asking why they search phones, two weeks back, a phone which contains chats of a recent murder was searched and the owner arrested. Nigeria is not England
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
Thats england, this is Nigeria. If police start asking everyone for phone receipt now, it is the same Nigerians that will shout harassment. We have the bad ones in the force but most times, stop and search go peacefully but you Dont hear anything about it. They Dont even ask for receipt from anyone, they just go through your phone. Before you start asking why they search phones, two weeks back, a phone which contains chats of a recent murder was searched and the owner arrested. Nigeria is not England
Well... maybe. You still haven't Addressed my point on why Rich people are not stopped and searched or seen as suspects in Nigeria. From my researches most Rich people and politicians engage more in Crimes such as corruptions, Intimidations, pervertion of Justices and looting.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
gypsey:
Well... maybe. You still haven't Addressed my point on why Rich people are not stopped and searched or seen as suspects in Nigeria. From my researches most Rich people and politicians engage more in Crimes such as corruptions, Intimidations, pervertion of Justices and looting.

Godfatherism has eating deep into the system. An innocent police man will be doing his job and a call will come in threatening his job because the person involved is a rich and influential man. Just Forget this matter, Nigeria is not functioning
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by amzee(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
Gazzy88:
How does that salvahe the situation? You should know that liking doesn't ass to your bank account.
Whats this one saying?
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
Godfatherism has eating deep into the system. An innocent police man will be doing his job and a call will come in threatening his job because the person involved is a rich and influential man. Just Forget this matter, Nigeria is functioning
precisely the main problem in Nigeria and as i thought. You don't want to And no one wants to try to Address that point.. i rest that case, swept it under the carpet.

And you conclude that Nigeria is working? i don't think so. Nigeria will never work, if Criminal Godfathers are not been investigated prosecuted and jailed. believe it or not. changes have to start from the top.

It's been fascinating having this Conversations with you. keep up the good work, whatever is it you do.

Have a pleasant day. grin
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
gypsey:
precisely the main problem in Nigeria and as i thought. You don't want to And no one wants to try to Address that point.. i rest that case, swept it under the carpet.

And you conclude that Nigeria is working? i don't think so. Nigeria will never work, if Criminal Godfathers are not been investigated prosecuted and jailed. believe it or not. changes have to start from the top.

It's been fascinating having this Conversations with you. keep up the good work, whatever is it you do.

Have a pleasant day. grin
oops! I wanted to type "Nigeria is not functioning". Let me go and modify. Yea, it felt like a chat and its Nice having a conversation with someone who wasnt insultive.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
gloria34:
oops! I wanted to type "Nigeria is not functioning". Let me go and modify. Yea, it felt like a chat and its Nice having a conversation with someone who wasnt insultive.
That's fine. i am glad you Agree that Nigeria isn't functioning. grin i will move to Nigeria since as it Appears that rich folks are allowed to get away with Artrocities atleast i am sure no police or Any force will come near me *jokes* grin

I can be insultive, it depends on the manners in which people Address me on here. which most times are insulting, only because most people on here are Either Illiterates or Ignoramuses. in your case you sounded knowledgeable and polite so i indulged you. I enjoy having incitive and knowledgeable chats. i am here to learn and also to be crass, rude and sacarstic. which ever Anyone wants. grin

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Yemi1987(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
But, where are we going in this nation? because he can't afford such expensive phone then he destroyed another person own... the policeman needs to be lock-up in the zoo with lion for brain reset...the nature of ones job/work does not determine the level of ones success
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Champneys: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2019
Xisnin:

I dont care, it is criminal destruction of properties and abuse of a position of trust.

It is punishable by a dismissal and fine or replacement of properties damaged!
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Champneys: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2019
gloria34:
Lol, if he replaceses the phone, he wont be charged to court. It has to be one of them, you Dont serve two punishment for one offence

What are you talking about aunty?

It is possible to pay for the damaged item in form of a compensation and still get dismissed or jailed for abusing his position!
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
Champneys:

What are you talking about aunty?

It is possible to pay for the damaged item in form of a compensation and still get dismissed or jailed for abusing his position!
No uncle, he can only be dismissed or suffer rank deduction (which is a disiplinary action by the force) if he Pays 4 Compensation, he cannot pay 4 Compensation and still be jailed by court. He will either serve one or the other
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Xisnin(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2019
Champneys:

I dont care, it is criminal destruction of properties and abuse of a position of trust.

It is punishable by a dismissal and fine or replacement of properties damaged!

You don't care but the victim does.
Re: Police Officer Who Destroyed A DELSU Student's N250k Phone Has Been Arrested by Champneys: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
gloria34:
No uncle, he can only be dismissed or suffer rank deduction (which is a disiplinary action by the force) if he Pays 4 Compensation, he cannot pay 4 Compensation and still be jailed by court. He will either serve one or the other

The item in question might not warrant getting jailed but it is POSSIBLE to go to jail AND still pay compensation. It happens around the world, Nigeria inclusive!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Stand With Nigeria Protest: Anti Riot Police Vans Spotted In Abuja (Photos) / Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan / Femi Fani-Kayode Returns Home After Joining APC, Receives Rousing Welcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.