Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies (65025 Views)

TB Joshua Crusade In Nazareth Israel: Churches, Islamic Cleric, Politicians Kick / Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by mechanics(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
Why was he sleeping on iron bed and block as pillow, that's not proper.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by greatstephenho(m): 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
Rest in peace sir
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by okwusdidi: 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
stanwheellz:

God Said To Make Them
People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: “And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be” (Ex. 25:18–20).
David gave Solomon the plan “for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan” (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple, which the biblical author tells us was “by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all,” included statues of angels.
Similarly Ezekiel 41:17–18 describes graven (carved) images in the idealized temple he was shown in a vision, for he writes, “On the walls round about in the inner room and [on] the nave were carved likenesses of cherubim.”
The Religious Uses of Images
During a plague of serpents sent to punish the Israelites during the exodus, God told Moses to “make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live” (Num. 21:8–9).
One had to look at the bronze statue of the serpent to be healed, which shows that statues could be used ritually, not merely as religious decorations.
Catholics use statues, paintings, and other artistic devices to recall the person or thing depicted. Just as it helps to remember one’s mother by looking at her photograph, so it helps to recall the example of the saints by looking at pictures of them. Catholics also use statues as teaching tools. In the early Church they were especially useful for the instruction of the illiterate. Many Protestants have pictures of Jesus and other Bible pictures in Sunday school for teaching children. Catholics also use statues to commemorate certain people and events, much as Protestant churches have three-dimensional nativity scenes at Christmas.

Catholics use d BIBLE
THEY HAVE PRAYER BOOKS JUST LIKE ANY ODA PRAYER

CATHOLICS DONT WORHIP SAINTS BUT TEACH TO PEOPLE EMULATE THE LIFE OF THIS SAINTS
FOR LIVING THE FAITH
(christ like)

CATHOLICS HONOUR MARY JUST AS WE HONOUR OUR MOTHER IN OUR HOMES.

STOP TALKING ILL OF CATHOLICS JUST BCAUSE OF YOUS SMALL BRAIN TO UNDERSTAND.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by okwusdidi: 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ex 25 18-20This is a quote from the same Bible these critics of Mary mother of Jesus keep referring to as their proof for their criticsn against Mary mother of Jesus. As if Jesus just jumped down from heaven to come and save us. The same Bible in Lk 1 48 says all generations shalll call her blessed. I wonder weather they read their bibles upside down. The truth of the matter is that as far she is the mother of Jesus,,she is also my mother. I wonder weather they hate their own mothers. Read their bibles they won't. All you hear from them is my pastor said this my pastor said that.

1 Like

Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Shaev7(m): 11:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
The moment I saw the pics, I felt something within... RIP Pa... May our Lady intercede for the repose of your soul... You are a blessing to the Church in Nigeria as far as BRC is concerned...
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Aizenosa(m): 11:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Omo nor be small thing for here ooo.

Anyway, first, may his gentle soul rest in peace.

Second my problem is with you protestants, you understand ur Bible selectively, and to be honest it's quite funny. You believe in Jesus Christ very clear and nice, but you forget that his body is an image afterall, the Bible you so quote said let's make man in our own image. So yes you believe in this image, yet you accuse people that use images that they are idol worshippers. After all people exhausted him. That's one.

Secondly, you say that the old testament was abolished as the law, my question is where was it written that is was abolished by Jesus. After all the God who sent Jesus says that not a single word, not even a tittle will pass unless it is done was it was asked so please, where was it written that it was fulfilled. You will claim that it was of Israel of old, then when did the new Israel begin.

So please answer the above let's see if your statements still hols water.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by benny4wax(m): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
The temptation to quote you was so much, I couldn't resist it.

First and foremost, I completely disagree with you on your stand that we can't suffer for the sin of the world or yourself all in a bid to appease God. Go and and tell that to Catholic monks (Priests) who decided to isolate themselves from civilization and instead choose to live in thick forests with wild animals, while pastors of new generation churches leave luxurious lifestyles at the expense of their members.

In conclusion, ask yourself "why then do we christians fast??" I believe your pastor encourages fasting and penance.

Let's stop this Church bashing. As Christians, we all share in the grace of Christs resurrection. Shalom
brainhgeek:

Christ became our sacrifice and Passover. You can't suffer for the sin of the world or yourself all in a bid to appease God. If that is a prerequisite to redemption then, don't you think Jesus died in vain? Fasting is best done to appreciate and honor God amongst other reasons however.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by SalC: 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
Rest in perfect peace Sir.
Great reward awaits you.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Tinyemeka(m): 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2019
kerry57:
RIP. We all die someday according to Eminem. God rest ur soul.

Eminem?

Which song?
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by SalC: 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Ubenedictus is somebody I have watched closely and engaged here.. He can defend even the most ridiculous issues by twisting the scripture
He once stated that the catholic bazaar is the same as buying back the first born in the old testament. That a lady somewhere in the east suffering satanic affliction was actually bearing the marks of Christ on her body.

That you can't counter him doesn't mean he twists the scriptures. It simply mean you should study harder.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Alaenyieby(f): 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
Rest well Sir.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by SalC: 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
mechanics:
Why was he sleeping on iron bed and block as pillow, that's not proper.
The never complained.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by tranxo(m): 1:01am On Apr 12, 2019
Ubenedictus:
So you didnt know catholic church was among its founding members?

Oh. Has it now changed from Catholic Church CREATED CAN to Catholic Church was AMONG its founding members?

Una consistency is legendary!!!!

Teacher teach me nonsense.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 2:06am On Apr 12, 2019
Tedassie:

Catholicism replaced Christ as the ONLY salvation of man with Mary worship. They make images of her and refer to her as the 'Queen of Heaven'. And we know in the old testament that name was ascribed to a pagan deity. So what do you want to tell me again that Catholicism is not repackaged paganism?

From comments is obviously the results of them say them say, u know nothing about the Catholic church. Has any Catholic told u they replaced Christ with Mary? There is no Catholic church u enter that u wont see d crucifix at the altar.. Catholics do not worship Mary no Catholic will tell u he/she worships Mary, you r obviously just following the crowd without knowing anything about the churh
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 2:13am On Apr 12, 2019
Tedassie:

As you know, all belief systems around the world that we called religion is founded by a central figure, whose life patterns are modelled by the followers. When Jesus was here on earth, did he establish RELIGION? Religion is just man's invention. God did not institute Religion but man did
Infact, Christianity was not supposed to be tagged a RELIGION, but for the sake of records it was lumped among the thousands of false belief system we have today.

U have shifted from cultism to religion cheesy cheesy.. religion is a general term, if it's not called religion it would be called another general term so no point here..
We call them false belief but to them Christianity is a false belief too.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 2:20am On Apr 12, 2019
tranxo:

shocked shocked shocked Catholic church created CAN? Chai! Uncle you can lie ooo!!

The Christian Association of Nigeria was founded in 1976, and originally only contained the Catholic Church and mainline Protestant..

Where are the mainline protestant church today?..
The Pentecostal church joined way after. So how is leaving a now corrupted organisation for the Pentecostal churches mean they r not Christians again?
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by tranxo(m): 2:51am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

The Christian Association of Nigeria was founded in 1976, and originally only contained the Catholic Church and mainline Protestant..

Where are the mainline protestant church today?..
The Pentecostal church joined way after. So how is leaving a now corrupted organisation for the Pentecostal churches mean they r not Christians again?

By WHOM? YOU PEOPLE CAN TWIST WORDS EHHH!! Tufiakwa!!

Explain the below bolded again to me please.

miketayo:

lmao are you talking about the corrupted CAN organisation that has completely lost it ways.. the organization was created by the Catholic church in the first place.. its now more of a political organization than a christian one.
catholics dont have there own scriptures there a other passages found in the later years just as each book was compiled to form the 66, there were other lost books which were later found and added..
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 2:55am On Apr 12, 2019
tranxo:

By WHOM? YOU PEOPLE CAN TWIST WORDS EHHH!! Tufiakwa!!

U didn't see wat followed the statement Abi?
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by tranxo(m): 3:09am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

U didn't see wat followed the statement Abi?

If you are proud and confident to blow a lie in a public forum, also be confident and proud to admit the lie and accept your folly.

Kindly respond to this original statement you made (especially the bolded, below in case you selectively didn't see it) before we start talking about whatever statement that followed.

miketayo:

lmao are you talking about the corrupted CAN organisation that has completely lost it ways.. the organization was created by the Catholic church in the first place.. its now more of a political organization than a christian one.
catholics dont have there own scriptures there a other passages found in the later years just as each book was compiled to form the 66, there were other lost books which were later found and added..
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 4:26am On Apr 12, 2019
tranxo:

If you are proud and confident to blow a lie in a public forum, also be confident and proud to admit the lie and accept your folly.

Kindly respond to this original statement you made (especially the bolded, below in case you selectively didn't see it) before we start talking about whatever statement that followed.

I m sure you read this "
The Christian Association of Nigeria was founded in 1976, and originally only contained the Catholic Church and mainline Protestant"
It only contained the Catholic church and protestant..
Where is the lie in this
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by tranxo(m): 6:20am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

I m sure you read this "
The Christian Association of Nigeria was founded in 1976, and originally only contained the Catholic Church and mainline Protestant"
It only contained the Catholic church and protestant..
Where is the lie in this

Why are you suddenly dumb over this one below. . or you no longer recognised your superiority complex statement?

miketayo:

lmao are you talking about the corrupted CAN organisation that has completely lost it ways.. the organization was created by the Catholic church in the first place.. .
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by mechanics(m): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2019
SalC:

The never complained.
lol, but our Lord Jesus Christ has already bear the sufferings on our behalf, so what he did was just to suffer himself.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 7:32am On Apr 12, 2019
tranxo:

Why are you suddenly dumb over this one below. . or you no longer recognised your superiority complex statement?

Are you blind or ur just slow, the Catholic church created the CAN organisation or r u referring to the corruption
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Ibegtodiffer: 7:36am On Apr 12, 2019
Impactful life. He should be considered for sainthood. In a diverse entity like Nigeria, entrenching the Holy rosary to point it is today is not a small thing. The real heroes are truly less celebrated. May his soul rest in the Lord, Amen.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Tedassie(m): 8:09am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

From comments is obviously the results of them say them say, u know nothing about the Catholic church. Has any Catholic told u they replaced Christ with Mary? There is no Catholic church u enter that u wont see d crucifix at the altar.. Catholics do not worship Mary no Catholic will tell u he/she worships Mary, you r obviously just following the crowd without knowing anything about the churh
You're a big joke,bruh@ "no Catholics will tell u he/she worships Mary" grin. Just the same way a Satanist, A FreeMason, A Buddhist will also tell you that they don't worship Satan but you and i know their belief system is founded on human principles(devoid of glorification of the person of Christ) and anything that is such, no matter how pleasing it seems to basic human judgment and reason. It is FALSE! You guys basically reenact Babylonian worship. Stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Tedassie(m): 8:19am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

U have shifted from cultism to religion cheesy cheesy.. religion is a general term, if it's not called religion it would be called another general term so no point here..
We call them false belief but to them Christianity is a false belief too.
But you chose to throw around the term 'Cult' loosely and couldn't expatiate anything! So you will have no choice but to agree with me that Catholicism is a false belief too propagated by mere men who did not have the true Holyspirit in them.
1 John 4:1
Galatians 1:6-9
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2019
What is there to study about bazaar having no scriptural support and the Rev? Father trying very hard to convert the buyback of first born into bazaar. Where the fret born of Israel auctioneed to the highest bidders?

SalC:

That you can't counter him doesn't mean he twists the scriptures. It simply mean you should study harder.
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2019
Tedassie:

You're a big joke,bruh@ "no Catholics will tell u he/she worships Mary" grin. Just the same way a Satanist, A FreeMason, A Buddhist will also tell you that they don't worship Satan but you and i know their belief system is founded on human principles(devoid of glorification of the person of Christ) and anything that is such, no matter how pleasing it seems to basic human judgment and reason. It is FALSE! You guys basically reenact Babylonian worship. Stop deceiving yourselves.

all these r based on ur own opinion, I am a catholic and i know my God,
btw satanist do not deny who they worship..
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by tranxo(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2019
miketayo:

Are you blind or ur just slow, the Catholic church created the CAN organisation or r u referring to the corruption

Lol. Lies from the pit of hell! Even if your church leadership lied to you about certain things, can't you verify facts for yourself?

Will indulge and enlighten you just this once. You would be smart to check out the links below. If you would anyway.

http://canng.org/about-can/2-about-can

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/415?lang=en

Be enlightened.

Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2019
Tedassie:

But you chose to throw around the term 'Cult' loosely and couldn't expatiate anything! So you will have no choice but to agree with me that Catholicism is a false belief too propagated by mere men who did not have the true Holyspirit in them.
1 John 4:1
Galatians 1:6-9

1 John 4:1 applies to every pastor ..

lolz i couldn't expatiate anything ?? even ur definition contradicted you, it only helped prove my point .. like i said earlier u dont knw anything about the catholic church ur beliefs are just based on stories u hear up and down
Re: Oblate Eusebius Oguizu Is Dead: Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade In Nigeria Dies by miketayo(m): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2019
tranxo:

Lol. Lies from the pit of hell! Even if your church leadership lied to you about certain things, can't you verify facts for yourself?

Will indulge and enlighten you just this once. You would be smart to check out the links below. If you would anyway.

http://canng.org/about-can/2-about-can

https://books.openedition.org/ifra/415?lang=en

Be enlightened.

so i should have said they r one of the foundation members that consist of only orthodox churches?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) / Pastor David Elijah With Bundles Of Money After His Malaysia Trip (Photos) / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.