Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,660 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest (833 Views)

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch / Jonathan May Be Jailed For 7 Years After Tenure - Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by patrick89(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2010
Time is seriously counting down to the party primaries. There have been much talks abt president Goodluck's possible candidacy. Some are calling on him to contest while others are against it. The press have been sucking at the pie with so much zest. . . .afterall what could have made a better headline. Even some individuals claim that the president have sent them a message confirming his intention to run in the next year's electiòn.
However in the midst of all the hullala boo Nigerians have not heard any "i intend to contest" from the horse's mouth. To me Jonathan has delayed this pronouncement enough (if it would come) Nigerians may be gettin a 50 yr anniversary surprise of "I am not runnig" from him.
But i would like to put this question to y'all : In the event of Jonathan backing out, who will you vote for.
Sane answers and comments are welcome.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Beaf: 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2010
[size=21pt]Spineless IBB is the one who is backing out.[/size] cool
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by youngmonie: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2010
same thing on my mind. ALL hes doing is laying a foundation for another PDP led government. I dont see him contesting. If he does not of which i dont thnik he would, i WOULD PLACE MY VOTE ON IBB
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by 9ijaMan: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2010
Even if he contests, I'll still not vote for him. IBB will also not get my vote, neither would Atiku. I'll vote Buhari, even if he'll not win. I may vote Bukola Saraki, if he contests.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Solomon227(m): 9:39pm On Sep 13, 2010
To me Jonathan has delayed this pronouncement enough (if it would come) Nigerians may be gettin a 50 yr anniversary surprise of "I am not runnig" from him.
But i would like to put this question to y'all : In the event of Jonathan backing out, who will you vote for.
Sane answers and comments are welcome.

GEJ is planning seriously to have a reasonable support spread across the country b/4 jumping into d ring. Let me remind u nothing stops him from announcing long time ago and going on to rig d PDP primaries. It is as simple as ABC (OBJ has shown us d incumbent president decides if d primaries should be free/fair or not).

With many Northern govs now supporting him it will be easier for him to 'rig' d primary. If he however decided to embrace a legacy like some are urging him to do by not contesting. He will surely sideline IBB that I can bet u. He will simply invite one of the Northern govs he loves and IBB and Atiku will simply be shut out of PDP primaries. And once a Northern PDP candidate is announced it is as good as the winner for d general election has been announced because no opposition party is widespread enough to wrestle power from PDP now, at least not in 2011.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by 9ijaMan: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2010
Solomon227:

GEJ is planning seriously to have a reasonable support spread across the country b/4 jumping into d ring. Let me remind u nothing stops him from announcing long time ago and going on to rig d PDP primaries. It is as simple as ABC (OBJ has shown us d incumbent president decides if d primaries should be free/fair or not).

With many Northern govs now supporting him it will be easier for him to 'rig' d primary. If he however decided to embrace a legacy like some are urging him to do by not contesting. He will surely sideline IBB that I can bet u. He will simply invite one of the Northern govs he loves and IBB and Atiku will simply be shut out of PDP primaries. And once a Northern PDP candidate is announced it is as good as the winner for d general election has been announced because no opposition party is widespread enough to wrestle power from PDP now, at least not in 2011.

As if he were God. GEJ does not have 10% of the influence you are ascribing to him. That's the simple explanation to his delayed pronouncement. He does not have the clout OBJ had. Besides OBJ's managed to have the so called clout during his second term in office and not 9 months of presidency. You should also remember that despite all of Obj's clout and influence, he failed to actualize his thrid term bid. Obj was stopped by the north. GEJ will also be stopped by the north.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 13, 2010
I am expecting Jonathan to run at least in PDP Primaries.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by larush: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2010
Hello,
Please kindly follow my link in filling this questionnaire. It would only take four minutes of your time.
Thankyou so much
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PH3CHV5
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Beaf: 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2010
9ijaMan:

As if he were God. GEJ does not have 10% of the influence you are ascribing to him. That's the simple explanation to his delayed pronouncement. He does not have the clout OBJ had. Besides OBJ's managed to have the so called clout during his second term in office and not 9 months of presidency. You should also remember that despite all of Obj's clout and influence, he failed to actualize his thrid term bid. Obj was stopped by the north. GEJ will also be stopped by the north.

Obj's clout came in his second term? But Jonathan in 4 months as President, has just carried out the sort of military reshuffle that is remniscent of a military coup. . . And you still think he has no clout?
He surely isn't God, but clout? He's got that in abundance and uses it in ways you least expect. There is no "North" to stop Jonathan, it has been splintered by the evil Jos massacres and its now every man for himself. Even if there was unity, Jonathan still writes the script, he is the head of the PDP in case you are forgetting.

I'll be waiting here to laugh.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2010
@Poster, all the other times we heard and read he was already in was what? Lies ? What is actually going on here?
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Solomon227(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2010

U need to learn from experience and history. GEJ controls Nigeria now and PDP machinery. If u are in doubt IBB cannot campaign in Ibadan because GEJ will not approve the maximum security he needed to campaign in such an unfriendly environ.

Let me paint a possible picture for u at d PDP convention night. GEJ may make sure IBB sits outside the state box unprotected by security men and the delegates planning to vote against GEJ will just pick up d ballot paper and discover GEJ has been ticked already and they will be accosted by stern-looking body guards to drop d ballot paper in the box while they would also be warned to remain calm going back to their seats.

Have u seen the way Nnamani was accosted from the airport down to his village by security men making sure he receives no cheers from 100s of his supporters that have come out to welcome him.

This is d kind of model I am proposing for IBB day of disgrace. I pray he be rigged out openly and made to cry, lament and feel the pains of killing people's dream like he did to others.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by marvix(m): 11:48pm On Sep 13, 2010
If Jonathan does not run the opposition should put themselves together and bring up a Duke/Ribadu presidency.

It would defeat the zoning rubbish of the PDP and breathe a lease of fresh air, il vote this combiation or buhari/duke combination
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by Becomrich0: 12:04am On Sep 14, 2010
If he goes to the United nation, he may not have problem. It would have cut down everybody wait time from 48 years.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by princekevo(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2010
Becomrich0:

If he goes to the United nation, he may not have problem. It would have cut down everybody wait time from 48 years.
Does this really make any sense.

@poster,
I really chose to ignore any post that have to with anyone in the PDP becoz i know is a waste of time, they have absolutely nothing to offer. But , i quickly have to speak out becoz i can see Nigerian youth mortgaging the futureand that of their children for another 8years, by considering voting PDP into power again.
Actually am begining to think tht either we are being cursed of not making the right judgement for ourselves or we are jst being an enemies to own ourselves. Am sitting here wondering why people do not consider a change to a party that lead this nation for almost 13years but had nothing to show for it. Na waaoooo!!!
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by patrick89(m): 12:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
@princekevo
you are right. But whether u like it or not what naija is practicing is "one party-dominant" system. So its either u vote them in or they rig themselves in. PDP seems unstoppable.
Re: Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest by otokx(m): 2:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
is this from the pit of hell?

(1) (Reply)

2011: Presidential, Guber, Nass Aspirants Declare, Rush For Forms ! / Ex- Deputy Governor Under Threat, Diaspora Group Tells Jonathan / Atiku To Obasanjo: ‘we Too Dey Laugh Ooo!’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.