Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary (26549 Views)

Yahoo-boy Who Defrauded Foreigner $140,000 Jailed For 12 Months In Benin / Madam Orders Thugs To Brutalize Gateman In Delta For Asking For His Salary (Pics / 375,000 US Dollars Intercepted From Businessman At Kaduna Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by maasoap(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nwodosis:
I will only believe if he is convicted in a competent court and not in media trials.

When will all these unfortunate human beings like you realise that reporting criminal activities and court procedures are not media trials but journalists doing their jobs?

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by encryptjay(m): 12:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
Civil service can be corrupt though. If you're not ready to play ball, they'll transfer you to another ministry. They don't want to hear that you're an honest person.
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by kunkelhanspeter(m): 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
The defendant who pleaded not guilty to the charges, was granted bail in the sum of N2m with one surety in like sum, who must be an officer not below Grade Level 14 in the Federal Civil Service. The case was adjourned till June 19, 2019, for trial.
Just imagine someone who committed fraud of #162 million and dey grant him bail of #2m why someone trying to scam some of of $500 and dey are granting him bail of #10,000,000
Who do we offend in dis country
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Neoteny(m): 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
He even has igbo in his name
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
All the past and current Presidents, governors , senators and H of rep, ministers and chairman and the rest are and were civil servants with houses all over the world, when will they be arraigned too?
I guess it is 2 separate laws for same human working for same people
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by uvie66: 2:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
Princeofasia:
this is just 50m na. guys mmake it in days
sharaap, where can you make 140 k USD in days in Nigeria.
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by BrokenCock: 3:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...

Sometimes I just seat and wonder how civil servants and minimum wage earners can live in Abuja/other expensive cities, and comfortably afford the high cost of rentals which is often thrice or more of their annual salaries.

As a government, you rightly have a cap on salaries and how much you can pay your workers who must be living in these areas to be able to work for you but you forgot or choose to forget to place cap on rentals such that your citizens/workers won't be over-exploited and would have some change to feed and meet other needs.

How the government hopes to fight or discourage corruption without tackling these basics still seems to me like a mirage.
Once I knack 10 yrs n pentionable, I don left civil service job
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by BrokenCock: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
iammo:
smiley

Civil Servants are more corrupt than the politicians, only that politicians are loud and naive.

In that same Abuja some Civil Servants and Perm Sec can buy Dino and his cars, but that same civil servant drive around in a Goverment Toyota Hillux.

Aboy! Talk wetin u sabi n leave the rest for god before thunder go fire ya lips comot.
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by mechanics(m): 6:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
As a director in the federal civil service, his salary is far above #400,000 but yet not contended, if he's found guilty he will sacked without benefits.
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by MrPaul2: 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
frowland:

What do you mean by media trial? Which media channel is trying him?
Nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by MrPaul2: 7:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
BrokenCock:

Once I knack 10 yrs n pentionable, I don left civil service job

why not right civil service job grin
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by maisauki: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
The director in the Federal Ministry of Education, Victor IGBO-anugo
I REST MY CASE
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Princeofasia: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
uvie66:
sharaap, where can you make 140 k USD in days in Nigeria.
when poverty knack you u will think everyone is poor. there is nothing wrong with your mentality. if person tell me say people dey wey dey make 1million dollar monthly, i will argue too so u have every right to argue. peasant
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by samlake(m): 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Naija no dey carry last...
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Chinashopping84: 10:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
hmmm.wow good one
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by BrokenCock: 11:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
MrPaul2:

why not right civil service job grin
it is wrong to work as a civilised SERVANT for the Nigerian govt. U go work work work , u go tire.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Accuses Policeman Of Extorting N40,000 From Him With Evidence / I-n-c-e-s-t: Daughter Bears Baby For Own Father / Man Locked Up After Narrowly Escaping Being Shot Dead By Ogun State Sars - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.