Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary (26545 Views)

Yahoo-boy Who Defrauded Foreigner $140,000 Jailed For 12 Months In Benin / Madam Orders Thugs To Brutalize Gateman In Delta For Asking For His Salary (Pics / 375,000 US Dollars Intercepted From Businessman At Kaduna Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by oluchisimfred: 4:44am On Apr 12, 2019
A Nigerian civil servant has been arrested and arraigned by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, for buying a $140,000 US property. The director in the Federal Ministry of Education, Victor Igboanugo, who was also accused of taking kickbacks worth millions of naira, was arraigned before before Justice V. B. Ashi of the Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Apo, Abuja. 

The suspect who was accused of using his office and position to also commit fraud worth N162m, allegedly bought the property in the US whose cost was above his legitimate income as a Deputy Director of Procurement at the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs. It was alleged that while being the Secretary of the Ministerial Tenders’ Board at the Ministry of Environment, he facilitated the award of multiple contracts to private companies where he held personal interests.

“He was further accused of receiving N20m kickback through one of his companies, Phinavic Ventures Limited, from the Chief Executive Officer of Lufem Engineering Limited, Mr Asiwaju Adekanbi, after the award of a contract for the construction of a skills acquisition centre."

The defendant who pleaded not guilty to the charges, was granted bail in the sum of N2m with one surety in like sum, who must be an officer not below Grade Level 14 in the Federal Civil Service. The case was adjourned till June 19, 2019, for trial.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/12/civil-servant-arraigned-for-buying-140000-us-property-above-his-salary/

L

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Nwodosis(m): 4:58am On Apr 12, 2019
I will only believe if he is convicted in a competent court and not in media trials.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by GavelSlam: 5:01am On Apr 12, 2019
Wait for it... grin

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by daddytime(m): 5:44am On Apr 12, 2019
Lol...

Sometimes I just seat and wonder how civil servants and minimum wage earners can live in Abuja/other expensive cities, and comfortably afford the high cost of rentals which is often thrice or more of their annual salaries.

As a government, you rightly have a cap on salaries and how much you can pay your workers who must be living in these areas to be able to work for you but you forgot or choose to forget to place cap on rentals such that your citizens/workers won't be over-exploited and would have some change to feed and meet other needs.

How the government hopes to fight or discourage corruption without tackling these basics still seems to me like a mirage.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by iammo(m): 6:16am On Apr 12, 2019
smiley

Civil Servants are more corrupt than the politicians, only that politicians are loud and naive.

In that same Abuja some Civil Servants and Perm Sec can buy Dino and his cars, but that same civil servant drive around in a Goverment Toyota Hillux.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by delugajackson: 6:40am On Apr 12, 2019
You just gotta admire Saudi Arabia and their extant laws. Just once, there should be capital punishments for financial crimes in Nigeria.

If we truly intend to move forward in this country, then there should be reviews in our laws against the abuse of public office. This will drastically reduce the rate of fraud, misappropriation of public funds and brazen corruption going on in our institutions.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Godsgift7837: 11:20am On Apr 12, 2019
If she doesn't scream during sex, impregnate her ..my brother she will scream in labour .I hate stuborn girls.

19 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by laughitall(m): 11:20am On Apr 12, 2019
iammo:
Civil Servants are more corrupt than the politicians, only that politicians are loud and naive
true talk ... you are wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Houseofglam7(f): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2019
SMH
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by pawesome(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2019
Raise your hand if you know this trial is dead on arrival

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by zlantanfan: 11:21am On Apr 12, 2019
Joseph Igboanugo

1 Like

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by holluwai(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2019
Every single on those in power should arrested too. Nonsense angry
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by frowland(m): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2019
Nwodosis:
I will only believe if he is convicted in a competent court and not in media trials.

What do you mean by media trial? Which media channel is trying him?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by shomutuski(m): 11:22am On Apr 12, 2019
daddytime:
Lol...

Sometimes I just seat and wonder how civil servants and minimum wage earners can live in Abuja/other expensive cities, and comfortably afford the high cost of rentals which is often thrice or more of their annual salaries.

As a government, you rightly have a cap on salaries and how much you can pay your workers who must be living in these areas to be able to work for you but you forgot or choose to forget to place cap on rentals such that your citizens/workers won't be over-exploited and would have some change to feed and meet other needs.

How the government hopes to fight or discourage corruption without tackling these basics still seems to me like a mirage.

kuhjgfdsxzAXSDZFxglkjjdgrefsawdesrdt

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by DWJOBScom(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2019
Am glad it’s working. Let’s start catching them all as they are the reason cost of governance is on the increase.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by hisexcellency34: 11:24am On Apr 12, 2019
These people don't deserve being called civil servants, they are uncivil rogues

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Gsteve01(m): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by CaptainMitch: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2019
cheesy
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Robbin7(m): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2019
See wetin we dey talk
Everybody wants to loot.
Y?
Why do you need a Hou like that in another man's land?

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by ehinorlive: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2019
i need a civil servant job
i sell data across all network check my sign
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Ekakamba: 11:28am On Apr 12, 2019
I hope you won't draw-back once the taxpayers' money has reached your side. grin tongue
shomutuski:

I'm currently serving in one of the government parastatals under the petroleum ministry and i can tell you that they waste money... currently i am amassing strong evidence against them and i would be needing everyone's help to show how they destroy taxpayers money.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by osuofia2(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2019
media trial as usual
Re: Civil Servant Arraigned For Buying $140,000 US Property, Above His Salary by Baawaa(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2019
m

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts ₦1.1billion Travellers’ Cheques, Cocaine At Lagos Airport / Man Smashes Bank Doors In Ogun, Vandalises Vehicles / Policemen Unclad, Dehumanize Man Who Stepped Out To Buy Petrol, Akute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.