Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,783 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) (66021 Views)

VIDEO: Female Weightlifter Pees On Herself While Trying To Lift A Heavy Weight / US Weightlifter: Nigeria Did Not Care About Me So I Moved / Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by gadzama01: 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
sorry my dear

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by TGMISKY(m): 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
Third time unlucky. I can imagine the pain she's going through having broken an arm before

1 Like

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Athena4: 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
TarOrfeek:
Women In sports are having terrible injuries these days.

Payback for the butch that stole my laptop.

More! More! More!

Women are foolish things.
I can imagine that your mom wishes she was foolish enough to reject your unknown father.

1 Like

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by mrkings84(m): 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
Thank her God she is not a Nigerian!!
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by BabyApple(m): 7:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
Mayor08:
Good evening, @Babyapple I got banned from travel section cause I spammed...they probably thought its a scam or sort...I am not in Lagos..I reside in osun state...
how Much you wan borrow sef?
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by comuter: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
doh
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Drwords(m): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
TarOrfeek:

More! More! More!

Ordinary laptop with half screen oh

This broda to ya wèré óh...

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by otamiri2: 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
She wan kill her self!

2 Likes

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Mayor08: 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2019
BabyApple:
how Much you wan borrow sef?
BTW 5-10k..but most likely 10k if you can...maybe we chat better on WhatsApp...send me your WhatsApp number on shegzy161@gmail.com
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
sad
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Sholaco: 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oh dear, can feel her pains
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by lomprico(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
Which kain stuupid headline be this? angry

1 Like

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by KingSango(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
How come women are power lifting

A woman's greatness lies in her ability to attract strong men not become one grin grin grin

Stop breaking human traditional roles for men and women

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Baroba(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Wish her well, snatch in weightlifting carries huge risks..
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by dingbang(m): 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
My apologies, as I dont feel sorry for her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by kay29000(m): 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
Damn! This reminds me of when I fell and broke my right arm as a kid...it was quite similar to the sight I'm seeing with this woman's situation. I remember crying and asking my mom if my hand was going to be like that forever.

1 Like

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Offpoint: 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
seunmohmoh:
chai

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by mechanics(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
Eyah, I wish her speedy recovery.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Icon79(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
Nah, I wasn't trying to make it about gender. I was just speaking in general.

O pari

khalhokage:

This one is not about gender abeg, I've seen a male weightlifter that suffered similar injury.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by AnanseK(m): 8:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
Oladefemi007:
What a terrific way to die

1000 ways to die

Nobody died in this story.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by gazza07(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
TarOrfeek:

More! More! More!

guy are foolish. Your brain needs factory setting for allowing a girl to steal ur lappie in the first place
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Sirchef: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
That most be very painful. She never gave up but her hand gave up. Respect to the lady.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
Chaiiii.... But who send her work ni? Other jobs don finish?

1 Like

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by sulasa07(m): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
hitng:
A weightlifter’s arm snapped in multiple places while she attempted a 110kg snatch. Gaelle Nayo Ketchanke, 30, was competing in the women’s 76kg category for France at the European Weightlifting Championships in Batumi, Georgia.

The athlete had already tried the weight twice and failed both times.

But she approached the bar for a third attempt – which was being broadcast by the European Weightlifting Federation through a live stream.

Ketchanke eased through the first part of the motion and flicked the bar from her waist up to behind her head.

Yet as she squatted, ready to push through her legs to stand up and complete the lift, her left arm gave way to horrified screams from the crowd.

Her left elbow had snapped and bent behind the back of her body as she tried to drop the weight safely.

But the weight of the bar and the grip from her lifting gloves kept it in her hands – and as she tried to slide it on to her back she fell and it crushed her on the floor.

The stream flicks to the French team as they watch their teammate writhe in agony after the ghastly episode.

The camera’s microphones still pick up the strongwoman’s harrowing screams as she is treated by medics, despite the commentators attempts to avoid the subject.

Ketchanke, who won silver at last years championships in Romania, was rushed to hospital after leaving the stage on a stretcher, according to Inside the Games.

She has broken her left arm in two places and suffered a dislocated elbow, reports suggest.

Video

https://www.hitng.info/2019/04/female-weightlifters-hand-breaks-into-two-during-lift-attempt-during-competition-photos.html
Chisos

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Oshotse21(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
I wish I could take the pains from you... cry
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by Martinez39(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
What the hell? shocked

Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by uuzba(m): 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
princeking2:
Chaiiii.... But who send her work ni? Other jobs don finish?
I no just understand all this load carrying of women.
Leave men to do their work, una no go hear. Them wan chook leg inside trouser with man.
See am now.
Nonsense.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by micflo28(m): 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
Women should stay in their lanes. Anything asides fencing,basketball, handball, volleyball, beachball is a recipe for danger. Men have got nothing to lose being disfigured and disabled from sports grin cheesy
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by cybriz82(m): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
dominique:
The pain must be out of this world. Get well soon strong woman, alongside the gymnast who suffered similar fate.

dat one worst pass this one.. D two legs just break like barbie doll..
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by goat22: 5:47am On Apr 13, 2019
AbikeDabiri:
Hand SNAP? Which camera dem take SNAP the hand? embarassed

O boy! e be like say buttocks dey smell Oh! even if e no get shit for hin corner.
Re: Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) by handsomebanana(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2019
cybriz82:

dat one worst pass this one.. D two legs just break like barbie doll..

Link abeg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unclad Player Photobombs Ronaldo’s Selfie In Juventus Dressing Room / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years / Croatian Politicians Wear Their Country's Football Shirts To Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.