Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) (584 Views)

The Bridegroom Episode 3(dont Miss Out? / The Bridegroom Episode 2(dont Miss Out) / Romantic Story : - My Boss (18+) Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) by laus(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
Change, they say, is constant. Change happened and Deric who was once a senior manager in one of the reputable banks in Nigeria was made redundant. Not wanting his wife Charlotte to keep shouldering the family’s responsibilities alone, he goes out Every day in search of employment.
Feeling rather defeated, disappointed and discouraged after an unfruitful day, he walked into their bedroom and found Charlotte dusting the bedroom furniture…
EPISODE ONE!
Deric: Hello sweetheart, what are you doing?
Charlotte: ermmm, my husband paid for this weekend away in this beautiful resort. So I am just in this swimming pool enjoying myself with this bottle of champagne!
Deric: come on, babe! You can answer my question without being cocky.
Charlotte: Deric, I am aware that you lost your job, but when did you lose your sight? I mean, what was the meaning of that question! You clearly saw me cleaning!
Deric: I did. But I was only trying to start a conversation since you didn’t even take any notice of my presence. Anyway! How was work?
Charlotte: stressful!
Deric: have you had something to eat then?
Charlotte: no. Because you left everywhere a mess, and I can’t function in this filth
Deric: erm, I’m very sorry, I..I woke up late and didn’t have the time to clean up
Charlotte: were you running late for work?
Deric: I was running late for an appointment, Charlotte!
Charlotte: oh great! So how was the appointment?
Deric: I met the manager and after a brief conversation, we realised I am not what they are looking for.
Charlotte: so cleaning the house wouldn’t have been such a bad idea. Would it.
Deric: can you just stop going on and on about one day I failed to clean the house!
Charlotte: I see. Anyway, you have a letter.
Deric: from who?
Charlotte: find out. It’s right there on the shelf.
Deric: (sluggishly opens the letter, had a glance, dropped it and started undressing)
Charlotte: that letter is not one to be flipped or left in the shelf. It requires action and I am not one bit ready to deal with that rude woman. Rent is due, my dear husband!
Deric: Charlotte, Please give me a break. Will You?
Charlotte: just passing a message.
Deric: message received. Thank You!
Charlotte: It’s a pleasure!
Deric: Charlotte?
Charlotte: what?
Deric: who is Jaykob?
Charlotte: Bobrisky’s gate man!
Deric: oh will you cut that crap and answer my question!!
Charlotte: hey! You are shouting!
Deric: I’m shouting because you are acting daft! Who is jaykob that kept texting you all night!
Charlotte: I don’t know what you are talking about!
Deric: Charlotte, you attended one of the best universities in the UK, so stop acting as if you have no understanding of the English language!
Charlotte: na asu oyibo (keep speaking English)
Deric: and don’t answer me in your language because you know so damn well that I do not understand It!!!
Charlotte: well! Maybe the time you spent perusing my phone should have been invested in learning a word or two of your wife’s native language! (Storms out)
To be continued
THE BRIDEGROOM
Re: The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) by Itunubabs: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
Looks like it's gonna be interesting... Thumbs up bro..keep it coming
Re: The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) by bossy512(f): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
I love it, thanks. Pls more episode

(1) (Reply)

Short Inspirational Quotes / Best Advice You Will Ever Get / Osogbo Book Club Set To Host The Second Phase Of The Read Nigeria Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.