Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery (13796 Views)

Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others / Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / The Closure Of The Nigeria - Niger Border Updates By A Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Blue3k2: 1:37am On Apr 13, 2019
Nigeria and Niger Republic have been urged to fast track the construction of the Katsina Refinery to improve economic relations between the two nations.

In an interview with Voice of Nigeria, the Governor of Katsina State, Aminu Masari said that the refinery, when completed would accelerate economic activities of the border state, and provide job opportunities to the people.

Governor Masari said the state government had allocated a suitable location in Mani and Mashi local governments, where the refinery would be situated and offered to provide security to protect the installations.

The agreement for the construction of the refinery between Nigeria and Niger, signed a year ago, includes China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), which holds eighty percent of the proven oil reserve and the operating permit handling the project.

Governor Aminu Masari told Voice of Nigeria in Katsina that the proposed refinery would utilize the projected 5,000 barrels per day, crude oil from Niger Republic to provide the needed energy for the state and its neighbors.

The agreement signed between Niger and Nigeria provides for the export of crude oil from the Agadem Rift Basin of South East Niger to Nigeria, called the Niger-Nigeria export project.

The MoU followed the upstream approval granted by the Niger government to the Chinese oil company for the Agadem PSC exclusive exploration area 3, the production area expected to feed the Katsina refinery.

The Memorandum of Understanding also provides for the construction of an export pipeline from the Agadem Rift Basin (ARM) to the proposed new refinery in Katsina State.

The refinery project also has the buy-in of Savannah Petroleum PLC, the British independent oil and gas company focused on activities in Niger and Nigeria.

The Savannah Petroleum Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Andrew Knott said: “We expect the Niger-Nigeria export project to provide one of the potential routes to market for Savannah’s existing and future discoveries in Niger.’’

It’s expected that delays basically caused by the stand of the China National Petroleum Corporation, CNPC, on the need to agree to the Nigerien project rather than that proposed on the Benin republic route, would be finalized soon.

The Nigerien Minister of Petroleum, Mr. Foumakoye Gado, said last year, that ” to run a pipeline from Agadem to Benin Republic seaport is like 2080km which will be very costly compared to Agadem-Katsina which is just 120 to 150 km.’’

Also speaking, Head of the joint technical team for the Katsina refinery project, Mr. Rabiu Suleiman said: “We are discussing on how the Chinese can withdraw from the understanding they have with BeninRepublic without litigation and come back to Nigeria and dedicate crude oil for Nigeria.’’

Source: https://www.von.gov.ng/nigeria-niger-urged-to-fast-track-construction-of-katsina-refinery/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 2:00am On Apr 13, 2019
Lol...

Who is urging them?

All I see is Buhari trying to unite his brothers in Niger and Northern Nigeria.

Just like he has always done when he supported a Fulani Nigerien to become the Common Wealth Secretary General over an Igbo man.

Buhari... We will survive you and your kinds.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 2:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:
Lol...

Who is urging them?

Just like he has always done when he supported a Fulani Nigerien to become the Common Wealth Secretary General over an Igbo man.

You no get sense ooo. Even though I dey always yab Buhari, I respect am for this one wey him do.

Person dey try fap Niger Republic for Nigeria's benefit, you still dey blame am. Jonathan and dem Dieziani plus all other militants wey chop finish come sh!t for plate, wetin dem achieve?

No make me vex ooo... If I vex, I go start to speak bini language, even though I no sabi the language. angry

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Blue3k2: 3:12am On Apr 13, 2019
“We are discussing on how the Chinese can withdraw from the understanding they have with Benin Republic without litigation and come back to Nigeria and dedicate crude oil for Nigeria.’’

When do the Chinese ever say no to expanding their foothold in Africa. I want to know is what's everyones equity share in the refinery and how its being paid for. Im curious about why Niger Republic isnt opting to refining themselves. Maybe they're in same position as Canada with oil sand.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 3:19am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:
Lol...

Who is urging them?

They've told you this lie for so long that it has become the truth.

Just like Chinese whispers, it has become so convoluted you have begun to call it the Commonwealth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

They've told you this lie for so long that it has become the truth.

Just like Chinese whispers it has become so convoluted you have begun to call it commonwealth.

If what they've told me is a lie, tell me the truth...

Or forever be lost

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Blue3k2:

When do the Chinese ever say no to expanding their foothold in Africa. I want to know is what's everyones equity share in the refinery and how its being paid for. Im curious about why Niger Republic isnt opting to refining themselves. Maybe they're in same position as Canada with oil sand.

They will always paint the picture of its good side.

Look beyond the ephemeral and read the lines.

Are we done reviving our moribund refineries?

Why would we have to team up with Niger Republic to build a whole new refinery while that fund would have been channeled into making our existing refineries work?

Stop letting these jihadists think for you.

Learn to use your God given brain for what it's meant for.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 3:59am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Or forever be lost

First off, the story is about the Organisation of African Unity - OAU and not the commonwealth which you have wrongly stated from the get go.

Secondly, Onu was to hold the position in the interim whilst a resolution was sought as the candidates from Mali and Gabon couldn't compromise.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/13/world/african-unity-organization-ends-its-summit-gathering-in-disunity.html

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 4:00am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Or forever be lost

Rather than accept this fact that I've presented, I'm sure you would find something to latch unto.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

First off, the story is about the Organisation of African Unity - OAU and not the commonwealth which you have wrongly stated from the get go.

Secondly, Onu was to hold the position in the interim whilst a resolution was sought as the candidates from Mali and Gabon couldn't compromise.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/13/world/african-unity-organization-ends-its-summit-gathering-in-disunity.html

Whether Onu was to hold the position for a day, does that justify Buhari voting for a Fulani from Niger over his countryman of Igbo extraction?

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 4:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Whether Onu was to hold the position for a day, does that justify Buhari voting for a Fulani from Niger over his countryman of Igbo extraction?

Onu was never on the ballot be because you get nominated by your president.

Onu held the position in the interim prior to this.

Also, the big nations never contested for the post because they did not want to exert undue influence over smaller nations.

Lastly Ide Oumarou is not Fulani, he is Zarma.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Blue3k2: 4:25am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

They will always paint the picture of its good side. Look beyond the ephemeral and read the lines. Are we done reviving our moribund refineries?

Why would we have to team up with Niger Republic to build a whole new refinery while that fund would have been channeled into making our existing refineries work?

Stop letting these jihadists think for you. Learn to use your God given brain for what it's meant for.

Ok Is the project a bad investment or not? Nigeria constantly spends money on turn around maintenance. Those refineries should be concessioned or sold off. The government also approved refineries to be built by private sector.

Buhari probably teamed up with them because he got frustrated with militants disrupting opperations at Kaduna refinery. The originally planned on pipeline going there but scrapped that idea. Buhari has his agenda for more economic cooperation and physical integration via rails. The rails are to encourage them to use ports just like Goodluck planned.

Lol the Jihadist plan well it seems. I dont know how they always get the upper hand on you guys.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Turantula(m): 7:15am On Apr 13, 2019
germanized:

You no get sense ooo. Even though I dey always yab Buhari, I respect am for this one wey him do.

Person dey try fap Niger Republic for Nigeria's benefit, you still dey blame am. Jonathan and dem Dieziani plus all other militants wey chop finish come sh!t for plate, wetin dem achieve?

No make me vex ooo... If I vex, I go start to speak bini language, even though I no sabi the language. angry
My muslim friend, go and tell your god Buhari that he is MAD

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2019
Blue3k2:

Ok Is the project a bad investment or not? Nigeria constantly spends money on turn around maintenance. Those refineries should be concessioned or sold off. The government also approved refineries to be built by private sector.

Buhari probably teamed up with them because he got frustrated with militants disrupting opperations at Kaduna refinery. The originally planned on pipeline going there but scrapped that idea. Buhari has his agenda for more economic cooperation and physical integration via rails. The rails are to encourage them to use ports just like Goodluck planned.

Lol they Jihadist plan well it seems. I dont know they always get the upper hand on you guys.

You've bought the dummy they sold you.

And hey, they seem to be having the upper hand due to tyranny of the majority not really about strategy.

Have you wondered why Buhari lost the educated south and "won" the illiterate north?

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Onu was never on the ballot be because you get nominated by your president.

Onu held the position in the interim prior to this.

Also, the big nations never contested for the post because they did not want to exert undue influence over smaller nations.

Lastly Ide Oumarou is not Fulani, he is Zarma.

Are you trying to tell me that it has been a wrong narrative all along?

Or that you are trying to twist facts to suit that bigotic blunder?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 8:21am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Are you trying to tell me that it has been a wrong narrative all along?

Or that you are trying to twist facts to suit that bigotic blunder?

I've just posted a link from the new york times from 1983.

Post something from that era or accept the fact.

Can't you be the one that points out errors at your meetings?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

I've just posted a link from the new york times from 1983.

Post something from that era or accept the fact.

Can't you be the one that points out errors at your meetings?

Well Gavel, I must admit I have actually acted and argued based on the little beer parlour information I've had about what transpired then.

If I term myself educated, I should mellow to superior facts until more superior facts emerge.

So, fallibilistically, I'm gonna take your side of the story for now while I take time to verify what truly happened at the time.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 8:42am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Well Gavel, I must admit I have actually acted and argued based on the little beer parlour information I've had about what transpired then.

If I term myself educated, I should mellow to superior facts until more superior facts emerge.

So, fallibilistically, I'm gonna take your side of the story for now while I take time to verify what truly happened at the time.

That's fine.

I'm always away from the country and I haven't had time to rummage through my old man's library.

When I get the chance, I'm sure I would find old magazines that chronicled happenings of the time.

We all learn.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by SoNature(m): 8:50am On Apr 13, 2019
germanized:

Keep quiet, mister
Jonathan may be fantastically corrupt, but that man achieved a lot in terms of policies and infrastructural development in Nigeria.
Keep Buhari the subject.
Jonathan is no longer your president

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

That's fine.

I'm always away from the country and I haven't had time to rummage through my old man's library.

When I get the chance, I'm sure I would find old magazines that chronicled happenings of the time.

We all learn.

Thumps up man.

Good you got an old man who got library.

Unlike us trying to build ours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by lastempero: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2019
Naija,we want to build refinery for another country while we are struggling to keep ours running.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by AllenSpencer: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2019
[s]
Awol1:
Lol...

Who is urging them?

[/s]
Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by lastempero: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2019
Bne
Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by AllenSpencer: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2019
SoNature:

Keep quiet, mister
Jonathan may be fantastically corrupt, but that man achieved a lot in terms of policies and infrastructure in Nigeria.
Keep Buhari the subject.
Jonathan is no longer your president

Infra what?

Mention please

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by GavelSlam: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2019
Awol1:

Thumps up man.

Good you got an old man who got library.

Unlike us trying to build ours.

I'm grateful for even if that was all he had it made his kids see the light quite early.

Trying to do same for mine.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by AllenSpencer: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2019
lastempero:
Na water they want to dey refine cool

Niger has oil!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 13, 2019
urgency is not in any African dictionary
Re: Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery by yanjutomi(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2019
dem done kill d future of Niger ......why would China have 8% of oil reserve deposited in niger ....... another slave trading

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu Moves To Salvage APC Situation In Osun / Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax / Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.