Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano (6273 Views)

Customs Officer, Wife Arrested For Buying Twin Babies For N500,000 / Akwa Ibom Police Nabbed Man Who Slaughtered Boy Like Goat-for-sale / Police Officer’s Wife Arrested For Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Jarus(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2010
Height of man's inhumanity

SSS officer, wife, 3 kids slaughtered in Kano
An assistant director of the SSS, his wife and three of their children were slaughtered in the early hours of yesterday in Kano by unidentified assailants, while two other children escaped with injuries.

Garba Bello, 54, who had been bedridden for about a month with a liver-related disease, was until his death an assistant director of the State Security Service in Sokoto.
He was killed along with his 40-year-old wife Habiba, two daughters Hafsat, 15, and Murjanatu, 5, as well as son Khalifa, 14, at their at Gandu Housing Estate home around 1.35 am, according to neighbours and relations.

The attackers gained entry into the family’s house and killed five of the seven members around for a yet-to-established motive and they did not take away anything, the police said.

State police commissioner Mohammed Gana, who visited the house, told newsmen the police suspected that the culprits were hired assassins partly because nothing was stolen from the house. He said investigations have started to establish the motives and find the killers.

Shortly before she was killed, Habiba had put a distress telephone call to her elder sister Hajiya Jummai and told her that some people were trying to kill them.

Jummai told Daily Trust that she received the call at about 1.40am, and her sister was saying: “They are trying to kill us,  They will kill me now…”

She said she hurriedly asked who were the attackers and Habiba muttered something that sounded like the name Baba. Jummai said after that, she heard some commotion in the background and then the line went dead.

A neighbour to the deceased, Hajiya A’isha Aminu, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN): “We woke up this morning and found that my friend Habiba, her husband and three of their five children had been killed. It is a very shocking development.” She said the remaining two children survived because they were able to escape when the assailants entered their home.

Neighbours said they heard some members of the family crying, but when they came to find out what was happening, everything was silent. The neighbours called them and there was no response.

“We knocked at the door several times around 2am but there was no sound again. When we knocked for a while and there was no response, we went back to our homes,” one of the neighbours Abubakar said.

But no sooner had they returned to their homes than they heard the cries all over again. “We initially thought they were crying because the father had died. He had been sick for over a month and was even unable to even pray properly, but attend congregational prayers notwithstanding,” he said.

Abubakar said when they came out for dawn prayer, they saw the eldest son of the deceased officer crying and running around the area.

The mystery surrounding the killing was yet to be unraveled by the police at the time of filing this report last night.

But some people in the area believe that the late security officer might have been killed by people who bore grudges against him. Other people linked the killing to thugs in the neighbourhood.

A family source told our correspondent that they suspect the involvement of one of the family members. “When the house was burgled a few months ago, the same person we are suspecting today was the suspect,” the source said.

Attempts to get comments from spokesman for the SSS, Marylyn Oga, failed because she did not answer her calls and did not reply to a text message sent by our reporter.

Immediate younger brother to the late Habiba, Umar Danjani Hadejia, said his sisters Hajiya Jummai and Hajiya Lami were invited for questioning by the SSS.

Attempts by our correspondent to trace the two survivors of the attack were unsuccessful. A family source said the SSS had put the two children under protection.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2749:sss-officer-wife-3-kids-slaughtered-in-kano&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by ElRazur: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
Depressing and gruesome. Surely, a man in his kind of position can afford real security of some kind? undecided I feel sorry for the kids who survived. Imagine the trauma, flash back etc they will have to live with for the rest of their lives?
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Rastamann: 12:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
What a pathetic story! What on earth will someone want to wipe out a whole family? May their souls rest in peace, Amen.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by HamidO1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
d most pathetic tin is dat d police will neva come up with any reasonable conclusion on such a case,  May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace, Amen,  I feel 4 d two dat escaped
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by chamber2(m): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2010
Am I then safe undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by mysisi(f): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2010
I hope those assassins would meet 20times more gruesome deaths. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by oluite(f): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
Who is safe in dis country?  shocked
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
the universal law on revenge is: when a man is down, no mater his crime, he is left alone but i guess the universal law is nt applicable in nigeria. very sad,
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by OboBoco(f): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2010
This is so sad, i feel sorry for them and feel more sorry for the ones that escaped cos they may never be able to sleep peacefully without the nightmares and they will always think someone is after them, all the time.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by hackney(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2010
He may have orchestrated a similar slaughter of another family in his heydays being an untouchable SSS man in that hell
of a country. (nobody seems to have thought of that)
We know how corrupt and demonic these people are especially when they have a licence to kill.

If you ask me, it looks like payback.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by sirp2007: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2010
Saw it tis morning and b4 l cud react i remembered that its election period, hence l wasn`t surprise/shock bt sorry for d innocent souls.lord have mercy on us.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Donmeca(m): 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2010
Men!! I heard this over d radio yesterday. Sh.i.t! A whole family? This is food for thought for d new IGP. If Onovo failed due to high rate of kidnapping in South, Ringim can fail due to uncontrollable political assassination in the North. I wll only keep watching. May the living ones(now orphaned) take heart.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by 1759(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2010
This is so sad and knowing the ineptitude of the Nigerian police in murder investigations i doubt if anything would be made of the case. Lets hope the SSS can get to the root of the murder of one of their own.

Damn! A whole family. Thats very cold.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by bisiaet: 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2010
d most pathetic tin is dat d police will neva come up with any reasonable conclusion on such a case,  May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace, Amen,  I feel 4 d two dat escaped

POLICE? Which police? Do we have police? If it was how to kill innocent person and say it's a stray bullet or he was a criminal trying to evade police office or bribery then we have police.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by safariman(m): 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2010
So sad, I am surprised at this because most SSS folks live in a compound full of SSS family, almost like a police barrack. The gruesome murders appear to be a payback
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Basics007: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2010
Worst thing about it all is that the killers will never be found. Nigeria a weep for thee
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by darqly(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
Just heard this morning,really dreadful news. But then if the sss cannot bring the killers to book, then its really gonna be a kill-fest come elections!
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Ranoscky(m): 3:43pm On Sep 14, 2010
Hackney or whatever ur name is. . .

Now i know dat if u didn't insult Nigeria as a country, u won't make a good contribution on ur post right? undecided GOOD!

Tell u what? D more u insult, d more millions of $$$$$$ keep pumpin into ur account aight? undecided . . .Keep Insultin!!!
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by denony(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
May their soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Blazing99: 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2010
This is real awful. Killing a dying man and his family. Real awful. The pepetrators deserve not to live. God be with us.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by billybaby: 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
What a wicked world. Whether Muslim or Christian, have we not been taught that vengeance is for God? What shall it profit the man or woman that ordered for such a hit; restlessness until he/she exits this planet earth. Whatever the reason may be, because some of these SSS people are known for their heartlessness but i still believe that he should have been left for God's judgment. Nemesis, Nemesis, Nemesis.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by chiozor: 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2010
this looks like Boko Haram killing people now at homes, Muslims cry
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by otukpo(f): 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2010
This is really terrible!
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by sulad82i(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
Sad sad sad
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by remmy007(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2010
Shocking and sad, we live in the world of people without conscience.
i grieve for the two survivors sad shocked cry
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2010
MY HEART BLEED. These people will never see peace in their entire life, the souls this murdered family and their blood shall forver be upon their head, GOD sad( sad( sad( sad(
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by JUO(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2010
the heart of men,
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by andyanders: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2010
FOR THE KILLERS, THEY HAVE COMMITED THEIR LIVES TO HELL AND MUST DIE BY SWORD
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by sessy2(f): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2010
May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by sessy2(f): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
[/quote][quote author=safariman link=topic=513160.msg6751912#msg6751912 date=1284473230]
So sad, I am surprised at this because most SSS folks live in a compound full of SSS family, almost like a police barrack. The gruesome murders appear to be a payback
who helpd you wit ur investigation? i hope you dint just sit in ur bedroom and consumed some paraga and then write rubbish bout a dead man and a sad case for a fifty year old country.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by EvilBrain1(m): 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
It seems that the police have once again jumped to conclusions. Just because nothing was taken from the house doesn't mean the perpetrator(s) were hired assassins. I could just as easily be a family matter gone out of control. And there doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that the killings had anything to do with Garba Bello's work with the SSS.

Further more, the manner of the killings and the fact that they also killed the children strongly suggests a crime of passion. When was the last time you heard of hired killers strangling people? It's not as if guns and cutlasses are scarce in Nigeria. Hired killers generally want to do the job and get out as quickly as possible and strangling five people including three children just seems slow and inefficient.

The fact is we won't have any idea what really happened until the two surviving children are interviewed which according to the coverage on 234next.com, the police were yet to do when they started issuing public statements. I don't understand why they can't just keep their mouths shut until they have all the facts. And Mohammed Gana is a senior officer, He really should know better

It seems like our NPF are already doing their best to bungle this case like they have countless others. Lets hope they don't succeed.
Re: Sss Officer, Wife, 3 Kids Slaughtered In Kano by misterh(m): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2010
That's so cruel, wish the perpetrators of this act are caught and dealt with accordingly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Thief About To Be Killed In Onitsha Now. / Three Women Kidnap Man, Rape Him And Steal His Semen In South Africa / Jealous Yoruba Man Pounds Wife To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.