Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point (31306 Views)

Nairalander Visits Oguta Lake Confluence And Saw Amazing Ecological Wonder / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures / Flood Ravages Imo, Orsu Obodo, Oguta. 60 Homes Submerged (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by sanpipita(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
I never know of that oo shocked shocked shocked shocked... Which part of Oguta is the river?

The river is actually not in oguta, but in Mgbidi is a town that shares boundaries with Oguta, majority of Obana river base is in mgbidi too just it flows into Oguta lake, both town share boundaries.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Xtopherprince(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
Op, Oguta lake (Ogbuide) and Uraishi were never related historically.

Oguta lake only share some what history with Obana River in same Oguta.

Uraishi flown from Anambra state and was spirituality separated by a black thread which could be visible during dry season if u are on a canoe.

According to my research while i was there, Obana mermaid was still seen as at 2004/2005.

Oguide River never drown indigent no matter what but outsider and i can confirm this as two boat capsized during my service year and those who died were non-indigenes

That's my locality. My villa to be precise, and in the history of that River, no indigene has ever drowned in it. I'm a living testimony. But the experience has made me respect myself around large bodies of water, swimming pools included. Issa no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Xtopherprince(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
Tundexxy:
What happens when water of different density is poured in a glass?

Will the glass break or not?

No insult please i want to clarify wetin i hear grin

I grew up hearing that story. Funny enough i never actually witnessed it myself. But my elder siblings claim they have.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Tejiriseth(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
Well the thing is that we have perfectly Logical and simple scientific explanations for those Happenings.!
Not all those fairy tale thay we sell Around..
If am not Mistaken, that hot spring is as a result of Underground volcano and stuff like that
Chinashopping84:

How ?
Have you heard of Ikogosi waterfall.Then you will know it's not any conspiracy theory..
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Harbeeorlar(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2019
I thought as much cos i browse Oguta inside out during my stay. Mgbidi never share boundary with Oguta (from where to where?) Egwe and Uli does!

sanpipita:

The river is actually not in oguta, but in Mgbidi is a town that shares boundaries with Oguta, majority of Obana river base is in mgbidi too just it flows into Oguta lake, both town share boundaries.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Holocene(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
LadySarah:
Its Where freshwater and saltwater meet.They cannot mix.
I have visited it in 2013 and being aquaphobic,it was scary for me.
They are both inland streams hence cant be termed saltwater. It has to do with the amount of solute, pH and temp differences between both streams and not necessarily their salinity.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Emmyrichboy(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
efefemi:
Oguta lake which is one of the largest Lake in Imo which is located in the South East of Nigeria. Of which this lake is made up two angry Rivers which are popularly known as the Orashi river which is muddy in color and the Ogbuide river which is greenish.

ALSO READ:Most Developed Countries in the World surprised where Nigeria fall on..

History Of Both Rivers:

Ages ago both Rivers were male and female which is literally believed they were husband and wife Orashi (male) while Ogbuide (female). They lived happily ever as one until it came to a point of their life that this Rivers had a conflict among themselves and seperated of which they can’t meet again.
To the people the river serve as a deities man and wife become god and goddess

On the wonder lake many Activities are been carried out such as;

Transportation
Swimming
Fishing
Also serve as tourist center

https://efefemisblog.com.ng/2019/04/13/oguta-wonder-lake-confluence-point/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ZhTKsDeJw check my personal tour of the lake its so magnificent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by EdiAbali: 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
WinningSun:

oga there has been no plausible evidence in any part of the w old that can claim that they existed... it was a figment of imagination of cartoonists

You don't get me,

Are you saying mamiwater spirit is not real, don't people worship mamiwater?
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by sanpipita(m): 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
I thought as much cos i browse Oguta inside out during my stay. Mgbidi never share boundary with Oguta (from where to where?) Egwe and Uli does!

lol no mgbidi and Oguta share a boundary both if share same House Of Reps constituency as per Oguta/Oru West/Ohaji Egbema federal constituency, normal route to get to Oguta is to pass through mgbidi there's a popular junction in mgbidi called Oguta junction the road there leads to Oguta straight, the villages that bounds both towns is egwe and umuehi, umuehi is in mgbidi, uli is in anambra but they share boundaries with mgbidi not Oguta.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Harbeeorlar(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2019
Where does Mgbidi share boundary with Oguta i will like to knw? Do u know how many villages u will pass before reaching Oguta from Mgbidi? Oguta share boundary with Uli through Obana rivers route not Owerri/Onitsha express. Thats the route i do follow to withdraw inside the campus

sanpipita:

lol no mgbidi and Oguta share a boundary both if share same House Of Reps constituency as per Oguta/Oru West/Ohaji Egbema federal constituency, normal route to get to Oguta is to pass through mgbidi there's a popular junction in mgbidi called Oguta junction the road there leads to Oguta straight, the villages that bounds both towns is egwe and umuehi, umuehi is in mgbidi, uli is in anambra but they share boundaries with mgbidi not Oguta.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by seguno2: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
iamwavy:
Nigerians and conspiracy theories ehn

Santa Clause aka Father Christmas is not oyinbo conspiracy theory ehn
Blacks with inferiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
EdiAbali:

You don't get me,

Are you saying mamiwater spirit is not real, don't people worship mamiwater?

have e seen one in real life... those evil spirits are figment of imagination.

ask your self, since you have heard of all this spirits... have anyone of them touch you in the darkness since your birth.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by EdiAbali: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2019
WinningSun:

ask your self, since you have heard of all this spirits... have anyone of them touch you in the darkness since your birth.

If that's the case, that means God does not exist
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by sanpipita(m): 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Harbeeorlar:
Where does Mgbidi share boundary with Oguta i will like to knw? Do u know how many villages u will pass before reaching Oguta from Mgbidi? Oguta share boundary with Uli through Obana rivers route not Owerri/Onitsha express. Thats the route i do follow to withdraw inside the campus

I said umuehi/egwe boundary, the mgbidi road to Oguta is directly seen on the Onitsha/owerri express road you talk about maybe you never noticed it, its a popular road and chances you might have crossed through mgbidi villages like okwudor and other autonomous communities like ozara and ohakpu to get uli, the campus you talk about is probably ansu right, uli and Oguta share no direct boundary as I know unless you followed egbuoma which is in Oguta I never been there

1 Like

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Macfortune(m): 8:52pm On Apr 13, 2019
I visited the lake in 2017.
Then, we were told that the route with a greener water leads to somewhere in Anambra; onitsha to be precise, while the right side leads to PH.
I can't forget how scared I was when our boat stopped functioning at a spot which seems to be the middle of the lake on our way back to the shore... Damn.

efefemi:
Oguta lake which is one of the largest Lake in Imo which is located in the South East of Nigeria. Of which this lake is made up two angry Rivers which are popularly known as the Orashi river which is muddy in color and the Ogbuide river which is greenish.

ALSO READ:Most Developed Countries in the World surprised where Nigeria fall on..

History Of Both Rivers:

Ages ago both Rivers were male and female which is literally believed they were husband and wife Orashi (male) while Ogbuide (female). They lived happily ever as one until it came to a point of their life that this Rivers had a conflict among themselves and seperated of which they can’t meet again.
To the people the river serve as a deities man and wife become god and goddess

On the wonder lake many Activities are been carried out such as;

Transportation
Swimming
Fishing
Also serve as tourist center

https://efefemisblog.com.ng/2019/04/13/oguta-wonder-lake-confluence-point/
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 13, 2019
EdiAbali:

If that's the case, that means God does not exist
how dare you
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by EdiAbali: 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
WinningSun:

how dare you

Yes naa, using your logic
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Harbeeorlar(m): 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
Yes ANSU... Oguta-Egbu-Uli... As far as i know Oguta share boundary with Egwe just after the local govt secretariat perhaps Oguta extended than i thought to share boundarry with Mgbidi somewhere else
sanpipita:

I said umuehi/egwe boundary, the mgbidi road to Oguta is directly seen on the Onitsha/owerri express road you talk about maybe you never noticed it, its a popular road and chances you might have crossed through mgbidi villages like okwudor and other autonomous communities like ozara and ohakpu to get uli, the campus you talk about is probably ansu right, uli and Oguta share no direct boundary as I know unless you followed egbuoma which is in Oguta I never been there
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
WinningSun:

lol. Have you ever touched your brain either in light or darkness?

If not for the inventions of some machines recently, all you'd have known would be you have liver, kidney and heart. There are spirits, of the air, the land and of the sea. You can see and touch them only if you so wish. Just like desperation made them invent the scanners they used to show you what your brain, liver, kidney and heart looks like. If you want to see this spirits too, you can.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 14, 2019
IntrovertedK:
lol. Have you ever touched your brain either in light or darkness?

If not for the inventions of some machines recently, all you'd have known would be you have liver, kidney and heart. There are spirits, of the air, the land and of the sea. You can see and touch them only if you so wish. Just like desperation made them invent the scanners they used to show you what your brain, liver, kidney and heart looks like. If you want to see this spirits too, you can.

I'm tired of this your introverted brain.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by jieta: 10:29am On Apr 14, 2019
WinningSun:

probably you need to make more of research... there's nothing like mermaid
I'll like to know more about this topic, you see, I once had a similar argument with someone here on nairaland and he made me believe that mermaid don't exist and you just buttress his point. OK! let's take it that you are right that mermaid don't exist. so please can you educate me how the name came about and how possible those documentaries and videos on you tube came about.

note: I stay in taraba state and am very close to the locals here. not once I've come across elders and young men who have told me different stories about mermaid.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 14, 2019
jieta:
I'll like to know more about this topic, you see, I once had a similar argument with someone here on nairaland and he made me believe that mermaid don't exist and you just buttress his point. OK! let's take it that you are right that mermaid don't exist. so please can you educate me how the name came about and how possible those documentaries and videos on you tube came about.

note: I stay in taraba state and am very close to the locals here. not once I've come across elders and young men who have told me different stories about mermaid.

thanks for your approach to learning... during our childhood we all have been fed with stories that when you start growing old you as a curious mind need to start questioning.

one of it is the legendary defeat of Nigerians national team by the Indian national team by 99-0.

firstly the word mermaid appears in folktales around the world and are classified as myth.

secondly, no fossil have ever been discovered to corroborate those claims in folktales see cases of dinosaur.

no soul alive as at today that can say with certainty that they have sighted half-human, half-fish mermaid.

their only line of judgement start with...
...we have it in our village stream...
...my grandmother saw it while she was bathing in the river ...
there has/was never been first person experience of sighting of mermaid.

others will tell you about the occasional appearance of mermaids at osun festival... my brother when you challenge them for a visit, you discover nothing except a woman conferred the title YEMOJA which doesn't translate the concept of half-fish half-human... it's nothing but a title.

as to the YouTube videos and pictures... the first video camera was invented 1918-1930s... but Abraham Lincoln lived between 1809-1865...yet his videos is all over YouTube. All those videos are computer edited videos. pick any of the videos or pics look at the shadow of the mermaid as against the source of the light, there's always a contrast.

finally open your dictionary and lookup Mermaid at its front it will be written FABLE.

as at this morning there has been no plausible explanation or hard evidence that can claim that mermaids existed or is existing. nothing of such. everything is just heresay.
Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by groovychik(f): 10:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
Am so happy to read about this. As a child my family was into exploring different places. We visited Oguta, entered a pontoon with our car that took us across the river and we stayed at Oguta motel, which I hear is now dilapidated. It was such a lovely place back in the days, had a beautiful golf course that my parents indulged in and even Ojukwu's bunker from the Nigerian civil war. We took a boat trip to see where Urashi, which is actually called Ulasi Okija and the blue lake meet. On our way we passed some a shrine and saw food items placed by people, then the strangest thing happened. The boat driver brought a coke bottle, put some water from the lake and when we got to the muddy looking ulasi part, he also added it to the bottle and asked us to watch. To our surprise they did not touch even inside the bottle and next thing the coke bottle broke. It was scary and beautiful. I told this story to my friends after our trip and non of them believed me. We sha could not wait to get back to our hotel cos we all were shaking and felt the lake would be angry etc. I am happy to see others have heard that and can confirm it ain't no myth.

Harbeeorlar:
But what some of the fishermen told me was that they dont mix and any attempt by anyone to splash water from one to the other at their meeting point has repercussion.

1 Like

Re: Oguta Wonder Lake Confluence Point by Harbeeorlar(m): 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
Yeah, the motel is now isolated. Staying around the hotel is scary on it own... The day i made my own trip was a day to remember. Just as u stated, we passed that very shrine which was the starting point of my fear during the tour, despite the boat man really wanted to took us further i pleaded him to turn back. I nearly gave up until i saw some fishermen that now calm my nerves a little but still at that i insisted we turn back and thank God we did cos on our way back it started raining heavily with thunder. Since that day, i vowed not to go on such a long journey on water (more reason am yet to visit Bonny Island since i move to Port Harcourt).

groovychik:
Am so happy to read about this. As a child my family was into exploring different places. We visited Oguta, entered a pontoon with our car that took us across the river and we stayed at Oguta motel, which I hear is now dilapidated. It was such a lovely place back in the days, had a beautiful golf course that my parents indulged in and even Ojukwu's bunker from the Nigerian civil war. We took a boat trip to see where Urashi, which is actually called Ulasi Okija and the blue lake meet. On our way we passed some a shrine and saw food items placed by people, then the strangest thing happened. The boat driver brought a coke bottle, put some water from the lake and when we got to the muddy looking ulasi part, he also added it to the bottle and asked us to watch. To our surprise they did not touch even inside the bottle and next thing the coke bottle broke. It was scary and beautiful. I told this story to my friends after our trip and non of them believed me. We sha could not wait to get back to our hotel cos we all were shaking and felt the lake would be angry etc. I am happy to see others have heard that and can confirm it ain't no myth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About / Heavy Traffic On Lagos-ibadan Expressway As Fuel Tanker Spills Content (photos) / First-time Trip To UK With UK Passport: Please Advise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.