Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? (472 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Lake, A River, And A Stream? / What's The Difference Between Med Lab Science And Med Lab Tech / What Is The Difference Between "Inquiry" And "Enquiry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by blacq2009(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
Please, what's the difference between "in bed" and "on bed"?
Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by Denikayan: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
blacq2009:
Please, what's the difference between "in bed" and "on bed"?

In bed, You are inside the bed

On bed, You are on the bed.

And under bed, That when you are underneath. e.g when the husband of your sugar mummy arrives and you have to go from on bed to under bed

grin grin grin
Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
its ALWAYS in bed, and NEVER on bed (unless you say on "the" bed)

example:
- she was laying in bed
- i made love to her in bed
- i stayed in bed as i was too tired
- i had breakfast in bed

etc etc

"on bed" is not even English...

3 Likes

Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by Fathertony: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
its ALWAYS in bed, an NEVER on bed (unless you say on "the" bed)

example:
- she was laying in bed
- i made love to her in bed
- i stayed in bed as i was too tired
- i had breakfast in bed

etc etc

"on bed" is not even English...
*chop knuckle*
Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by kings59: 8:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
The two are correct depending on what you are explaining, ''IN" for an enclosed space, "ON" for an open space.

Beds are of different types, we have the open ones and the enclosed ones.

To know the exact place a person is , "IN" can be used.

Where are you now?

I am in my bed

For surface of a thing we use "on"

I left my assignment on my bed

I am relaxing on my bed.

For future event

I am gonna be in bed by 11 pm

In bed is mostly used.

The difference is that one is enclosed ,while the other is not.

1 Like

Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by blacq2009(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Denikayan:

In bed, You are inside the bed

On bed, You are on the bed.

And under bed, That when you are underneath. e.g when the husband of your sugar mummy arrives and you have to go from on bed to under bed

grin grin grin
Haba, bro. What's my crime?
Re: In Bed Vrs On Bed - What's The Difference? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
kings59:
The two are correct depending on what you are explaining, ''IN" for an enclosed space, "ON" for an open space.

Beds are of different types, we have the open ones and the enclosed ones.

To know the exact place a person is , "IN" can be used.

Where are you now?

I am in my bed

For surface of a thing we use "on"

I left my assignment on my bed

I am relaxing on my bed.

For future event

I am gonna be in bed by 11 pm

In bed is mostly used.

The difference is that one is enclosed ,while the other is not.

bro, "on bed" is not English. you cant/dont say it, while sadly many Nigerians do.... but hey, give us ONE sentence when you would actually say ON BED (since you seem to think that it is valid English).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Beijing Municipality, China Elect New Leaders / Unilag Post Graduate 2019/2020 Application Is Out!!!! / Latest 2019 Jamb Result Checker ....now You Can Check Your Jamb Result Now Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.