Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight (45488 Views)

Massive Jubilation As First Flight Lands In Ebonyi International Airport (Pix) / A Black Hawk Helicopter Took Its First Flight Without Pilot On Board / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft For Nigeria Marks First Flight In Florida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Babanews(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2019
Stratolaunch, the world’s largest airplane and built to launch rockets, takes first flight

Aviation has a new number one in size, as a one-of-a-kind airplane completed its first test flight on Saturday morning above California’s Mojave desert, people familiar with the flight told CNBC.

The test makes the immense Stratolaunch the largest airplane in the world to fly, with a wingspan measuring 385 feet -- wider than a football field is long. With two fuselages and six Boeing 747 engines. Stratolaunch is built to launch rockets from the air.

Source: https://www.babanewsline.com.ng/2019/04/stratolaunch-worlds-largest-airplane.html

L

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Investmentfreak: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
lala pay school fees o
FTC grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by UD101(m): 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2019
Anchor Point 101
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Oceannaagent: 11:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
OK, more like a kite

1 Like

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by aaamos(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
J
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Rosarie(f): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
D
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Bigmikedagod(m): 11:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
nice 4TC

1 Like

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by TheMainMan: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
just to launch rocket??... ok
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by ajalawole(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
j
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by CityNGR: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
So
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by odeebee: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
This is more like 2 planes conjoined na

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by veeceesynergy: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
Even if Nigerian Acquires dis one, Boko Haram and Bandits will still be operating

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by themonk(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
Impressive, I'll however have the people that built it test drive it for one year before I board.

28 Likes

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Heylius(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
I no enter
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by kingzjay(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
Make we no hear another "super story" oh!

Meanwhile, nice work indeed.
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Damitrips: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
I hope it is crash free
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Tallesty1(m): 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
Stratolaunch is built to launch rockets from the air.
Wow
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by IamCeazer(m): 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
Oyibo Magic

1 Like

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by TheMainMan: 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
veeceesynergy:
Even if Nigerian Acquires dis one, Boko Haram and Bandits will still be operating
it wasn't meant to fight a war bfr undecided

9 Likes

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by shamsin6300(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
Aw possible is it 4de plane to turn in motion using diz double size body
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by ednut1(m): 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
They keep advancing while na owambe and sex wey dey advance here.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by GreatResearcher: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
Babanews:
Stratolaunch, the world’s largest airplane and built to launch rockets, takes first flight

Aviation has a new number one in size, as a one-of-a-kind airplane completed its first test flight on Saturday morning above California’s Mojave desert, people familiar with the flight told CNBC.

The test makes the immense Stratolaunch the largest airplane in the world to fly, with a wingspan measuring 385 feet -- wider than a football field is long. With two fuselages and six Boeing 747 engines. Stratolaunch is built to launch rockets from the air.

Source: https://www.babanewsline.com.ng/2019/04/stratolaunch-worlds-largest-airplane.html

L

Science 1:0 God

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Heylius(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
I no enter...
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by SarkinYarki: 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
First and foremost there is technically no engine called a 747 engine , those engines on the stratolaunch though taken from old 747 -400 planes are Pratt & Whitney PW 4000. .I think the mother ship launcher model of deploying space bound vehicles is coming a bit late taking into cognizance that giant strides SpaceEx Falcon rocket have made on ground based launch pads , this Statrolauncher seems a bit late to the party even though it holds promise of greatly reducing propellant cost associated with ground launches but I don't see it trumping Falcon rockets in overall pros.

11 Likes

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by skales67(m): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
I don't want to imagine what will happen if the pilot in the left part of the plane steers left and the one in the right steers right. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by moneyadulttube: 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2019
Adult tube website is the fastest way to make consistent money online. Check my signature for more info
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Drwords(m): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
shamsin6300:
Aw possible is it 4de plane to turn in motion using diz double size body

My thoughts exactly. Considering the amount of buildings and roads in the air.. undecided

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by lexyman(m): 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
more like saying a football pitch is flying .... is this maracana or Wembley ?
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by myettiallah: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
Rosarie:
D
For Dream
Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Davidzy23(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
Heylius:
I no enter
it's not commercial.... it's to launch Rockets �

1 Like

Re: Stratolaunch, The World’s Largest Airplane Takes First Flight by Sirmuel1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
skales67:
I don't want to imagine what will happen if the pilot in the left part of the plane steers left and the one in the right steers right. undecided

See Wetin you dey reason

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos) / American Invitation Letter / A Car Crashes Into Jabi Lake In Abuja (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.