Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:40 PM

Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing (14294 Views)

Landmark Reopens After FG Demolished Beach Front Facilities / How To Make Money Publishing Books On Amazon In 2022 / Zinox Acquires Konga In Landmark Industry Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Virus99: 9:58am On Apr 14, 2019
TANID:

When Please ?

It is already launched www.kwarasell.com
But not yet fully operational we are still putting ideas and logistics together.

1 Like

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Virus99: 9:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Tolzeal:

Selling to kwara folks and looking at dominating ? You're a big joke.

The only big joke here is you wink because you jump into conclusion typical of naija people.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:26am On Apr 14, 2019
Raiders:
it took Amazon and Alibaba over 10 yrs to make profit. they were both making loses in the first couple of yrs of business. you can search it up on google if you dont believe me. Now Jeff and Jack are the top 10 richest men in the world.
dats yy entrepreneurship is not easy like de keep preaching...u got to get d mind to rise up every time u fall and have back up plans....

2 Likes

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:28am On Apr 14, 2019
Femich18:

It is very easy. just go to the Jumia Co-op office along Adeniyi Jones on Tuesday and Thursday 10am. The seminar do hold by that time. There you will be taught everything you need to know on how to be a good vendor on the platform.
If you have an question and if I have got the answer I'll answer you.
how about becoming an agent to?
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by metroid(m): 10:32am On Apr 14, 2019
Virus99:
Well Kwarasell.com is coming... And we gonna knock them off the chart soon. cool

This comment the reason why tstv failed against dstv

3 Likes

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by martineverest(m): 10:52am On Apr 14, 2019
Denique:

Another angle. Those guys hate competition. If one of them could, they would buy the other.
both companies jostled to buy India's Flipkart,when it became bigger and Walmart bought it for 15 billion dollars

2 Likes

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by martineverest(m): 10:54am On Apr 14, 2019
Raiders:
it took Amazon and Alibaba over 10 yrs to make profit. they were both making loses in the first couple of yrs of business. you can search it up on google if you dont believe me. Now Jeff and Jack are the top 10 richest men in the world.
Amazon shopping isn't profitable,it's the Amazon cloud that is profitable.

anyways,the company usually reinvest their profits to evade tax

1 Like

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by bigpicture001: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2019
Since MTN is involved with jumia...I give up..!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Tolzeal(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2019
Virus99:

The only big joke here is you wink because you jump into conclusion typical of naija people.

I feel you.

1 Like

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Virus99: 11:27am On Apr 14, 2019
metroid:

This comment the reason why tstv failed against dstv

Hmmm we don't want to make that mistake sir.
Tell us about it pls
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by REDDEVILS1(m): 11:48am On Apr 14, 2019
Virus99:
Well Kwarasell.com is coming... And we gonna knock them off the chart soon. cool
i don't see how that will be since your operating in Kwara
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Virus99: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2019
REDDEVILS1:
i don't see how that will be since your operating in Kwara

Not just in Kwara sir.
KwaraSell.com is just a name we felt people will easily identify with.

You can visit www.kwarasell.com to see wink

Tho, we are still working hard on our ideas and logistics.
And we need investors
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by sowilli: 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
Too much noise and PR stunts.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by sowilli: 12:09pm On Apr 14, 2019
Raiders:
mason is really diversified, just like facebook. Many think Facebook is just a social networking platform but it has gone beyond this to become a company that dictates new innovation in the tech space I.e big data technologies. Same with Amazon. Ali baba is massively investing in these technologies too. I haven’t read any about Jumia. Anyways different companies, different mission but going on the stock exchange doesn’t equate development. There are several companies we don’t hear every day that are on foreign exchange lists.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Virus99: 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2019
LordAdam16:

I think they're competing with Jumia launching Jumia Global to take on Mall for Africa's core business model.

But don't take my word for it. I don't follow our local tech scene as much as I used to.

-Lord

Lord pls teach us more... I want to know the core business model of MfA.
Thanks.

I am also an aspiring techprenure. We have launched www.kwarasell.com
E-commerce reality keeps changing everyday. So one needs to stay woke.
So, every information matters a lot wink
And pls don't hold back on any other info you think might be helpful about E-commerce in Naija and Africa at large.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Femich18(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
how about becoming an agent
Once you go there you be will attended to appropriately

1 Like

Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Naruto87(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Virus99:

Yeah we hear this a lot sir.
But we just want a unique a name. Something that shows where it is coming from. Something black people all over can easily identified with.
That's a nice mindset. But picking a name the black race may love means u have to use a name that most know or can relate to. Such names can be gotten From popular movies(very useful if u want to catch the youths) or from a popular country where an African icon resides etc. The addition of Kwara to the name may win u some local(state based) love but u know naija is a tribalistic country and always assume what an average mind would think and lastly, if most people don't like it change or alter it.. A customer is always right.. Happy weekend Ma
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by Legendguru: 3:45pm On Apr 14, 2019
sonnie10:
If I had some spare money I would buy but for the fact that it has not made any profit for a while is not encouraging.
Anyway, Amazon was like that at a point when they were building those mega fulfillment centers.
Jumia might have to tell us why they are not making profit yet

not everything you read you believe.

they will never declare profit even if they arr in . you have to be smart when doing.business in nigeria due.tp governmwnt policies beaureaucracy and red tapism slow decision making double taxing among others
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by webizone(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
vicoloni:
This is the 2nd news I’m reading about Nigeria in the last 24 hours... first is the recognition of some Anambra girls and boys rated by Silicon Valley as worth billions of dollars

Congratulations to Jumia, Nigeria and Africa
Please, give me the link to that news.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by webizone(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
vicoloni:
This is the 2nd news I’m reading about Nigeria in the last 24 hours... first is the recognition of some Anambra girls and boys rated by Silicon Valley as worth billions of dollars

Congratulations to Jumia, Nigeria and Africa
Please, give me the link to the first news.
Re: Jumia: 'africa's Amazon' In Landmark Stock Market Listing by HomerTimpson: 11:40pm On May 26, 2021
Virus99:
bro I understand your plight and all but I think you should consider the name too if you are aiming the wide market..

For example I once heard kwara used to be the capital of this nation or something like it was where queen Elizabeth landed or came through when she came to Nigeria then,so you can do research on the name of that place or something that relate to it...it doesn't matter where it's coming from,as long as it's attractive and stuff just my opinion...

Keep the good work sire and I stay in Lagos around ojo and very close to LASU,BUT am currently in ogun state Remo precisely....IF THERES ANYTHING I CAN DO TO EARN MONEY AM IN SIRE and not a graduate... thanks AND STILL WAITING FOR THE DISBURSEMENT on the other thread SIR LOL

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newspaper Advert Rates? / FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead / Naira Gains On Fresh Dollar Supply, Now 390/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.