Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead (14129 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead / Access Bank's MD In Office For Over 10 Years: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by mukina2: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2012

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Osaze_386369433.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
The financial sector yesterday lost one of the best brains in the industry with the death of the Managing Director of FBN Capital, Osaze Osifo.

Aged 45, Osifo, who was on an official visit to Abuja, was said to have died in his sleep yesterday morning at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel.

Described as a top class professional, Osifo was hired by FirstBank of Nigeria in 2010, to manage all the bank’s investment banking and asset management businesses across the different subsidiaries. These include FBN Capital, First Trustees, First Funds and its global custody business.

He joined FirstBank from Travant Capital, an investment and advisory firm, which he co-founded and led from inception in January 2007. He has led some advisory mandates at Travant and managed the fund raising and partial deployment of a $107million private equity fund focused on West and Central Africa.

Osifo started his career in 1990 at HSBC Investment Bank, UK, where he initially worked as a trader in the capital markets business on different products including money market instruments, derivatives, foreign exchange and fixed income securities for eight years. He moved across to the investment banking division as a corporate financier in the Mergers and Acquisition, and Telecoms departments.

He had two Masters, one in Finance from the London Business School, and the other in Management Science and Operational Research from the University of Warwick. He also had a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Lagos.
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/business/38362-fbn-capital-md-osifo-is-dead.html
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by badesco(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
What a big loss to the family and the financial sector of the country. May his gentle soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Wallie(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2012
It's crazy how the young drops dead in Nigeria and rich people do not seem immune! What makes it worse is that autopsy is rarely performed and the cause of death forever remains a mystery. The healthcare system needs to be revived!

RIP!
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by lilliesonwater: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
RIP Sir.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Elenurazor: 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
Oh my GOD. What is happening to our sector? If its sin may the Almighty God forgive us. This is becoming too much between last year and now we lost Chism a stockbroker, Olisaemeka a Stockbroker, Babalola Bablo of Sterling Registrar, Soyege of City Sec Registrar and a host of others. May their gentle souls rest in perfect peace and may God grant the families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by TinTin18(f): 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
Greatest shocker of year! Blood of Jesus. I don't want to imagine the pain his parents (prof and Aunty B) are going through. Oh Lord! Why? Why? Why? My uncle (prof) is old and frail, he doesn't need this kind of news. Oh God! Why? Why? This is just too sad! Too too sad. May your soul rest in peace Osaze Osifo. I pray that the almighty grant us all,  Baba and Aunty B, your sisters and our entire family (nuclear and extended) the fortutude to bear this huge loss.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Guk: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
Thoroughbred; Straight; Responsible; Professional; Dependable and Good old chap!!!! Rest in perfect peace. I have been stupified all day by the news. God knows best.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by juman(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2012
Big loss.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by vinceobe: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
I am saddened by the news of the death of Mr. Osaze Osifo.  He was a thorough bred professional.  Edo State, Nigerian and the investment banking sector has a lost a guru.  May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace.  Amen
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by pynkspyce: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2012
May he RIP. Young people live ur life to the best ofur ability.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by jnze: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
RIP, we have lost a Gem, may God grant the family the strength to bear this loss.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by hardbody: 6:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
It is a pity about his demise, i hope his folks bear this irreparable loss, but wait a minute, did they say this guy is 45? Nigerians, u guys will never stop baffling me, haba.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
What a loss. I feel really sad even though I met him just once. A very intelligent man and one of the founding fathers of private equity in Nigeria. He left at his prime and he still had alot more to offer financial services as a whole. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by ayodele123(m): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
Died in his sleep.
Rest in Peace, sir.
Death comes unannounced like a thief in the night
After death comes judgment (Hebrews 9:27)
How prepared are we for eternity?
Rest in peace, sir
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
I don't understand how young people can die in their sleep. What is the cause of death? I'd appreciate expert opinions on possible causes of death during sleep. I'm sure many typical Nigerians would suggest 'spiritual strangulation', but I ain't buying that.

Anyways, RIP sir. Death is banal these days, it will come when it will, and how it will.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by atasteve: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
ayodele123:

Died in his sleep.
Rest in Peace, sir.
Death comes unannounced like a thief in the night
After death comes judgment (Hebrews 9:27)
How prepared are we for eternity?
Rest in peace, sir

RIP.

This is a question that everybody got to answer urgently before time is up! How much time that is left is not known to any man.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by feelamong(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
Really Sad!!! why do only good people die young angry

Why dis death no go Aso Rock or national Assembly find people wey dey useless to naija there?? tongue
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Jarus(m): 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
I heard in office this afternoon. It was very shocking.

One of the four young turks(interestingly, all of them born same year) that built a company that is today Nigeria's pride in energy sector before he and Jite Okoloko left the stage for the remaining two few years ago.

Good night, Osaze!
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by IdiAmin2(m): 7:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
Died in his sleep?
45 years old?

This is Jazz abeg, they don do am for im sleep, the enemies of progress.

RIP sir
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Businesstools(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by lifestyle1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
stress ? undecided R.I.P
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
Was a nice fella . . . an eaglet that finally became an EAGLE.

RIP Osaze
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by PhysicsQED(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
Rest in peace.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by 4teelaw(f): 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
pro01:

I don't understand how young people can die in their sleep. What is the cause of death? I'd appreciate expert opinions on possible causes of death during sleep. I'm sure many typical Nigerians would suggest 'spiritual strangulation', but I ain't buying that.

Anyways, RIP sir. Death is banal these days, it will come when it will, and how it will.

my mother died in her sleep at 48yrs while i slept next to her, so i did a little research, it is possible that a myocardial infarction aka heart attack can happen during sleep. it may be so serious the victim just may never wake up to seek medical help. Also, a blood clot may escape frm a blocked atery in the heart and travel up and get stuck in the carotid atery (in the neck region). this prevents blood from reaching the brain, and if this continues for over 4 mins, death is imminent. i assume he had an underlying medical condition that was not properly managed, hence, it won!
RIP Osaze, till we meet to part no more, Good night
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 02, 2012
4teelaw:

my mother died in her sleep at 48yrs while i slept next to her, so i did a little research, it is possible that a myocardial infarction aka heart attack can happen during sleep. it may be so serious the victim just may never wake up to seek medical help. Also, a blood clot may escape frm a blocked atery in the heart and travel up and get stuck in the carotid atery (in the neck region). this prevents blood from reaching the brain, and if this continues for over 4 mins, death is imminent. i assume he had an underlying medical condition that was not properly managed, hence, it won!
RIP Osaze, till we meet to part no more, Good night

Jeez. Sorry about mum; I can't imagine how it must have felt. My heartfelt condolences. Anyways, thanks for the insights and clarification, I knew there would have surely been an underlying medical condition. Cheers.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by Harbb: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2012
rip
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by mbulela: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2012
A very bright light has been dimmed.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by tomzman: 8:07am On Mar 03, 2012
Sad! I pray God grants his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: FBN Capital MD, Osaze Osifo Is Dead by stagger: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
Sad news, but I have to comment on the deaths in sleep we have been seeing recently.

It is very important for people to go for medical evaluations at least twice a year. For 2 years, I was feeling out of sorts. I could not pinpoint what it was.

It was during a blood donation when a laboratory scientist remarked off-handedly that my "blood was rushing fast" that I decided to go for a blood pressure check and the results shocked me. I am now taking BP medication.

Lesson: many of us do not evaluate our health. We put it off, and concern ourselves with running around chasing contracts, putting so many hours into work, etc.

The question is: at what cost to our health do we do all this?

So while we mourn the loss of the MD, please, let us take out health matters more seriously. Many people are walking corpses and they do not even know it.

My 2 Cents.

(1) (Reply)

FCT Admin Evicts Obaigbena From Thisday Dome / Top 7 Apps To Refer And Earn / Affiliate Marketing! Please Don't Invest On This Nigerian Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.