Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know (401 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Christianity And The World's Religions. / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by truthlover: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
A SIMPLE MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM THAT MANY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW.

Can you imagine what a mess it would be in a world that no one or nothing has a NAME? To make reference to anything would be almost impossible. So, obviously and firstly, we all have to get a NAME in order to distinguish between each other so that our world could be more orderly. Therefore, the act of giving a person or an entity a "NAME" is indispensable and universally recognized.

Consequently, if God Almighty is really the originator of the system of faith we know today as Christianity, then there must be AT LEAST ONE BIBLICAL VERSE which will contain the name "Christianity". This is because any true religion or true system of faith or even any true way that lead to God MUST have a particular NAME given to it by God Himself; a name which people can be used to distinguish such religious faith from all other fake religions that exist in the world.

However, the word "Christianity" is no where to be found inside the Bible. Infact, Jesus did not call or name his followers "Christians" during his life time. The word "Christian" was invented in Antioch by Paul and Barnabas( not even by the original apostle of Jesus in Jerusalem) many years AFTER Jesus departure from this world. See the evidence below;
"When he(Barnabas) found him(Paul), he brought him to Antioch ,and for a whole year they were guests of the church and taught many people. It was in Antioch that the disciples were FIRST called Christians(Acts 11:26).

If the real founder of Christianity is either God or Jesus, then the word "Christianity" should have been found in the Bible and Jesus Christ himself should have named his followers "Christians" before his departure from this world.
The simple reason why Jesus failed to carry out such an important and indispensable assignment is because He was not sent to the entire world to establish any system of faith we know today as Christianity. By his own admission; I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24). As we have read above, the real founder of Christianity is Paul and his colleagues; it is neither God nor Jesus.
But does Islam suffer from similar problem? Certainly not!
Apart from the fact that the word "Islam" is found in many verses of the Qur'an, it is also stated clearly in the the book that the only religion (or system of faith) which God has chosen for the people is Islam. In the Qur'an, God Almighty says as follows;
"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, and I have completed My favour upon you, and I have chosen for you Islam as your religion ( Qur'an 5:3)".
The word "Islam" means ; submission to the will and commandment of God. Those who submit in this manner are called Muslims (i:e submitters to the will and commandment of God).
Therefore,logically and linguistically, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Isaac, Jacob and the likes can be called Muslims (i:e submitters to the will and commandment of God) without any problem. Hence, we can say conveniently that they practice Islam(i:e they submit to the will and commandment of one true God).
But all these men of God cannot be called Christians ( which means the followers of Christ) because these people have lived and died before the arrival of Jesus Christ. Therefore, we cannot say they practice Christianity.

If the name of Islamic faith is not Islam but muhammedanism (which is analogous to Christianity), then similar problem will occur since we cannot say all these Prophets of God which came before Muhammad(pbuh) practice Muhammadanism.

But God Almighty Himself has carefully coined the word "Islam" so that Islam would continue to remain as the NAME of only religious faith that God is going to accept from the people on the last day irrespective of the time they exist and live in this world. This is the reason why God used the word "whoever" in the verse quoted below

"And whoever seeks a religion other than ISLAM , it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(Qur'an 3:85)".
Re: A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by ihimiray(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Trash..... Did God permit his followers to kill those who don't believe in him? Did he ask Mohammed to marry a little girl and use his penis to rub her laps cos her Virginia was too small to accommodate his big penis.. See if u want to hear Islam is one or the greatest human disaster to have ever happen... And Mohammed is the first terrorist in d world
Re: A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by GraGra247(m): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
I've never in recent times found such a long and totally empty article bereft of common sense.

1 Like

Re: A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by Righteousness89(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
The Disciples were first called Christians in Antioch!

This was Because they Saw in them the Life of JESUS CHRIST...

Religion takes no one to Heaven...

Accepting and Believing in JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY WAY through which anyone would be Saved!
Re: A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by biazarre(m): 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
OK, lemme educate ur ignorance a little way I can, Christianity is not a religion under the law! u get dat? its a religion of d spirit, it takes d spirit of God Almighty to read n understand d bible, not d knowlegde of good English reading, now lemme correct ur write-ups... d major diff BTW Christianity and Islam is.....

Christianity is a religion of faith, spirit n service..
while Islam is a religion of faith, law n service...

d major diff here is spirit/law

in Christianity, we no longer practise the law, D whole world is now free from d wrath of God... dat is wy some countries now practising gay without d wrath of God descending on them.. dat is wy u can now dine n wine in sin without d wrath of God destroying u, Jesus always beg for u wit d father, God is no longer seeing ur dirt... he sees Jesus in u.. because dis Jesus paid for d redemption of both my soul n ur soul wit his blood..

so, pls appreciate wat he did for u some 2019 yrs back!
declare him ur saviour n see d type of wonder he is going to perform in ur life!
Re: A Simple Major Difference Between Christianity And Islam That You Do Not Know by Benlight: 3:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
I laugh in Islam and jihad. The life of Jesus and Mohammed are two parallel lives. If you know you know.

(1) (Reply)

Popular Gay Man, Bisi Alimi Mocks Jesus After A Fan Told Him Jesus Loves Him / Can Anyone Interpret This Dream? / Iranian Church Now Fastest Growing In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.