Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? (10736 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Christianity And The World's Religions. / The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / There Is Energy Creator Outside The Hologram - Allah And Jehovah Not Same Entity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Akinboyepelz: 7:13am On Jun 07, 2018
Hi, Akinpelumi Akinboye is my name, I am not a Jehovah Witness but a Child of God.

My comments below are gathered from my experience, study and observations. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong in any way.

Good morning.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are classified as a sect of Christianity due to the the fact they follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, they offer their prayers in Jesus’ name and they believe Jesus Christ is the key to salvation.

The difference between the rest of Christianity and the Jehovah’s Witnesses are that of their beliefs (Besides the belief that Jesus Christ is our saviour, we must follow his teachings and Jesus is the key to salvation, etc) for example, most Christians believe that Jesus died on a cross and they use the cross in worship, but Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was crucified on a stake and that use of the cross in worship is displeasing to God.

Another difference between Jehovah’s Witnesses and the rest of Christianity (Although certain groups also do not use the Trinity in worship) is that the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not believe in the Trinity (The belief of one God in three persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit), as they believe that the Holy Spirit is not a person, it is “God’s active force.” and that Jesus is not of the same substance as God.

An obvious difference is also that they use what they believe to be God’s personal name (Jehovah, Hebrew spelling: Yahweh) in worship while many other sects will use “Father”,“God” or “Lord”, due to the fact they believe that the Bible invites people to use God’s personal name during worship (Genesis 17:1, Acts 4:24). They also believe that knowing God’s name allows us to get to know Him.

Another uncommon principle of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are their views on voting, as they remain politically neutral since Jesus Christ encouraged his followers to remain politically neutral and not to take political office, because “religions that meddle in politics divide their members” (FAQ: Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses Maintain Political Neutrality?).

Last but not least, the Witnesses also believe in evangelizing- spreading what they believe to be the word of God to everyone. This isn’t a belief that’s too different, though, as Mormons are also an evangelical movement.

Essentially, the Witnesses are a very different sect from the rest of Christianity, but their beliefs should nevertheless be respected as one would respect any other religion’s beliefs.

Thank you for reading.

I own a Gospel Music and Motivational Audio download blog. You might want to take a look: www.believerscompanion.com

3 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Olifiz(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2018
I believe everything they practice are admonition or commandments stated in the Bible. If it’s not written or commanded in the Bible JW’s no Dey do am o.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2018
I joined the movement because of it's purity! Though most people don't see any difference just like most of Jesus' contemporaries but i'm an inquisitive person like the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well who had special interest in knowing exactly the truth about pure worship despite her promiscuous lifestyle! John 4:2-42

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Akinboyepelz: 10:26am On Jun 07, 2018
I agree with you.
Olifiz:
I believe everything they practice are admonition or commandments stated in the Bible. If it’s not written or commanded in the Bible JW’s no Dey do am o.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Akinboyepelz: 10:27am On Jun 07, 2018
Riofidelio:
I joined the movement because of it's purity! Though most people don't see any difference just like most of Jesus' contemporaries but i'm an inquisitive person like the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well who had special interest in knowing exactly the truth about pure worship despite her promiscuous lifestyle! John 4:2-42
I believe we all serve one God in different ways.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
Akinboyepelz:
I believe we all serve one God in different ways.
Jesus said there are just TWO ways, intelligent persons only need to identify those TWO ways by attributes, many believes every religion is worshipping the same God but that totally contradicts the comprehension found in the Bible's account of the Hebrew Aramaic scriptures(Old Testament) where this same God keeps repeating HIMSELF as the God of some special people(Exodus 3:15) and giving them strict rules,therefore those not adhering to those orders HE denies being HIS worshippers (Romans 9:25-27) Obviously this same God can NEVER welcome different forms of worship simply because they're attributing the worship to HIS name,HE only accept those who complied with standards HE set. HE told Abraham not to expect HIM to continue with Ishmael simply because he happens to be Abraham's son. (Genesis 16:11,12,17:18-21) THERE MUST BE ORDERLINESS well organized form of worship with the same line of thought before we can conclude that it's the God of Abraham,the God of Isaac,the God of Jacob(Israel)! 1Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Emusan(m): 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2018
Olifiz:

No you're wrong!
Firstly, they don't follow everything stated in the Bible rather they designed their own Bible to follow!
For instance;
>The Father Himself is a witness to His Son
>The Holy Spirit is a witness to the Son
>The early Apostles are all witness to Jesus Himself.
>Jesus Himself said after receiving the Holy Spirit they will be witness UNTO HIM not to anyone! but they claim they are Jehovah witness. Then asked them is Jesus Jehovah they are witnessing for they'll say NO!

Secondly, they cherry-picked any Bible that suit them without considering the context of the passage NOT JUST ONE VERSE!
For instance, a discussion arose BTW my colleague, me and JW fellow. actually, the discussion wasn't about God, Bible, JW nor argument. I remember my colleague just said, "he believes the world will soon end" The next thing the JW man will do is quoting a verse Eccl 1:4 and that my colleague just asked him simple question "Sir, can you continue to read further?" The man couldn't say a word.

something like that happened not up to five minutes the man repeated the same verse and my colleague asked the same question yet this man couldn't answer and ended the discussion!

NOTE my colleague didn't know that the man is a JW but I know the man and reason why he couldn't answer that simple question. This thing happened three days ago.

If you want to know the truth you go out and do research so that you'll be able to select.

Different people of different colors and background have translated original Bible into English language and other languages, why will JW discard 100's of other translations and solely relied on the one their own unqualified scholars translated?
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Olifiz(m): 6:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
Emusan:

No you're wrong!
Firstly, they don't follow everything stated in the Bible rather they designed their own Bible to follow!
For instance;
>Jesus Himself said after receiving the Holy Spirit they will be witness UNTO HIM not to anyone! but they claim they are Jehovah witness. Then asked them is Jesus Jehovah they are witnessing for they'll say NO!

Secondly, they cherry-picked any Bible that suit them without considering the context of the passage NOT JUST ONE VERSE!
For instance, a discussion arose BTW my colleague, me and JW fellow. actually, the discussion wasn't about God, Bible, JW nor argument. I remember my colleague just said, "he believes the world will soon end" The next thing the JW man will do is quoting a verse Eccl 1:4 and that my colleague just asked him simple question "Sir, can you continue to read further?" The man couldn't say a word.

something like that happened not up to five minutes the man repeated the same verse and my colleague asked the same question yet this man couldn't answer and ended the discussion!

NOTE my colleague didn't know that the man is a JW but I know the man and reason why he couldn't answer that simple question. This thing happened three days ago.

If you want to know the truth you go out and do research so that you'll be able to select.

Different people of different colors and background have translated original Bible into English language and other languages, why will JW discard 100's of other translations and solely relied on the one their own unqualified scholars translated?

You are the one who needs to do research. Look for their bible open any verse and check if it’s the same with urs. Their bible is translated to resent English u and I use instead of all those “thy, thee, forseketh etc”.

I think u don’t know how Dey got that name “Jehovahs Witness” go n do research pls. It’s in Isaiah 43:10-12 pls read it. I know ur bible will write God or Jehovah Dey are the same so u see “witnesses of God or Jehovah”

They don’t cherry pick anything. Maybe the witness arguing wasn’t sound enough.

In fact they don’t only use their bible. Go n research read thru their magazines especially awake they do quote from KJV et al. If u want to know more about them instead of sticking to what u hear people say out of sentiments visit their site JW.org n see first hand for urself. This post is not to convince u but to make u stop making wrong assertions basically from sentiments n from baised mind.

They are one of the peaceful people I have ever known on earth, they don’t engage in fights, politics, riots, protests killings, or as seen in some sects do pray for soldiers to go to war to kill their fellow man and from my experience they are one of the most trusted people u can ever relate with, they are well behaved. By their fruits u shall know them

I really don’t like to compare. But we have seen ur so called God of Men meddling in politics, mostly all about money rather then about God (pastorpreneurs), rituals, etc. they mostly preach about prosperity, how to be rich rather than how to attain salvation.

I have heard stories where people assault them when they preach n never retaliate or beat grudges they still even show hospitality to that person etc. I know it will be hard for u to accept these simple truth for ur mind might have been blinded to agree to certain truths but it’s okay. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nukilia: 6:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Organized religion

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Emusan(m): 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
I can see you emotionally outburst written all over your comment but I just want to enlighten you not argue with you.

Olifiz:

You are the one who needs to do research. Look for their bible open any verse and check if it’s the same with urs. Their bible is translated to resent English u and I use instead of all those “thy, thee, forseketh etc”.

Where did I say their Bible didn't translate into English?

My point about their Bible is WHO ARE THE NOTABLE SCHOLARS that involved in the translation of their Bible?

I think u don’t know how Dey got that name “Jehovahs Witness” go n do research pls. It’s in Isaiah 43:10-12 pls read it. I know ur bible will write God or Jehovah Dey are the same so u see “witnesses of God or Jehovah"

Here we go, I know the Bible says in Isaiah 43:10-12 that "YOU ARE my witness..." but the best question a seeker of truth will ask is who are these YOU the Bible is referring to here?
Also, go to Old Testament you can see many references to God promising to do something but New Testament revealed Jesus to be the actual person doing those things.
If God says you are my witness in the OLD TESTAMENT and the New Testament points to Jesus Christ as the one we all need to witness to, even Jesus Himself said we should be His witnesses. Who are you to decide for God?

They don’t cherry pick anything. Maybe the witness arguing wasn’t sound enough.

He is an elderly person, I know something like this will come...mind you I have had many discussion with both young and elderly people of JW and my question always render them speechless, only to find one excuse to discharge themselves.

In fact they don’t only use their bible. Go n research read thru their magazines especially awake they do quote from KJV et al. If u want to know more about them instead of sticking to what u hear people say out of sentiments visit their site JW.org n see first hand for urself. This post is not to convince u but to make u stop making wrong assertions basically from sentiments n from baised mind.

If your claim is true, why then they don't go with the KJV translation of John 1:1 as "...and the word was God" but they only go with their own Bible as "...and the word was a god"
isn't that a double standard?

They are one of the peaceful people I have ever known on earth, they don’t engage in fights, politics, riots, protests killings, or as seen in some sects do pray for soldiers to go to war to kill their fellow man and from my experience they are one of the most trusted people u can ever relate with, they are well behaved. By their fruits u shall know them

Thank God you didn't say THEY ARE the only peaceful people on earth but THEY ARE ONE OF which means other peaceful people still exist and even among Muslims, Atheist, Hinduism and Buddhism there are peaceful people.

I really don’t like to compare. But we have seen ur so called God of Men meddling in politics, mostly all about money rather then about God (pastorpreneurs), rituals, etc. they mostly preach about prosperity, how to be rich rather than how to attain salvation.

I have heard stories where people assault them when they preach n never retaliate or beat grudges they still even show hospitality to that person etc. I know it will be hard for u to accept these simple truth for ur mind might have been blinded to agree to certain truths but it’s okay. Stay blessed.

If the way SOME people used God's name to dupe people is what is affecting you, sorry you can carry your frustration to another place.

God will judge individual according their deed
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Olifiz(m): 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
Emusan:
I can see you emotionally outburst written all over your comment but I just want to enlighten you not argue with you.

My point about their Bible is WHO ARE THE NOTABLE SCHOLARS that involved in the translation of their Bible?

Here we go, I know the Bible says in Isaiah 43:10-12 that "YOU ARE my witness..." but the best question a seeker of truth will ask is who are these YOU the Bible is referring to here?
Also, go to Old Testament you can see many references to God promising to do something but New Testament revealed Jesus to be the actual person doing those things.
If God says you are my witness in the OLD TESTAMENT and the New Testament points to Jesus Christ as the one we all need to witness to, even Jesus Himself said we should be His witnesses. Who are you to decide for God?

He is an elderly person, I know something like this will come...mind you I have had many discussion with both young and elderly people of JW and my question always render them speechless, only to find one excuse to discharge themselves.

If your claim is true, why then they don't go with the KJV translation of John 1:1 as "...and the word was God" but they only go with their own Bible as "...and the word was a god"

Thank God you didn't say THEY ARE the only peaceful people on earth but THEY ARE ONE OF which means other peaceful people still exist and even among Muslims, Atheist, Hinduism and Buddhism there are peaceful people.

If the way SOME people used God's name to dupe people is what is affecting you, sorry you can carry your frustration to another place.

So since u know God will judge everyone individually why u come Dey worry urself about JWs. U for leave am to God now in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Goodness4525: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
The dichotomy bw the xtian and the jw is, the former know and teach the truth of the scripture but rather choose to do or act in exact opposite of it,popularly known to be obsessed with money hence everything about them is money oriented, while the latter is a group that is designed and trained to teach people away from the vocal point of the religion,hence they developed their doctrine and belief in disagreement with crucial belief of xtianinity and teaches men so to achieve their supposed goal

U can see their readiness for that mission as they patrol the town daily to carry out the evil assignment

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 09, 2018
Goodness4525:
The dichotomy bw the xtian and the jw is, the former know and teach the truth of the scripture but rather choose to do or act in exact opposite of it,popularly known to be obsessed with money hence everything about them is money oriented, while the latter is a group that is designed and trained to teach people away from the vocal point of the religion,hence they developed their doctrine and belief in disagreement with crucial belief of xtianinity and teaches men so to achieve their supposed goal

U can see their readiness for that mission as they patrol the town daily to carry out the evil assignment
That's the layman's point of view Sir. To fully grasp what's going on, you need to fully understand how Christianity ought to be practiced first then you'll be able to distinguish between what's right or wrong in Christianity. Satan has been brandishing different forms of worship to distract mankind from listening to God's instructions right from the beginning,he succeeded in contaminating the worship of the Israelites,then that of the Jews and later pounce on Christianity but Jesus had already prophesied that during the last days Satan will be beaten and his antics rendered useless, how? Because certain men will come together from different religious groups formed by Satan to make researches for the truth and Jesus said these ones He(Jesus) will give them the facts and sacred secrets of the kingdom. Sir what most people were taught or familiar with today was not the original setting Jesus commissioned as Christianity, it's how Satan rearranged it after killing all those who knew the arrangements. Jehovah's witnesses came from different religious groups and background during the 1870s,they continued searching for the truth without letting material gains distract them,they continued digging in God's word until they were able to excavate so many facts buried by Satan's agents(The Churches). So during the early 20th century Satan noticed their moves to restore true Christianity (pure worship) and started attacking them from all sides but it was too late because Jesus has already given them the keys to the knowledge and restored Christianity back in their hands. That's why they're moving with zeal to every corners to warn people about Jesus' next move! All these fact are well documented by Jehovah's witnesses in their books but with strong biblical backings, many may say "they're supporting their religion but that's not the case because God's people always see things from the same point of view, they will come together and agree on standards whereas Satan always keep his own worshippers in disarray even if they agreed they're worshipping the same God! So we shouldn't expect those under Satan's manipulations to concur to whatever God's people say unless they're ready to become part of God's family. Please prove me wrong by presenting what i'm saying before Jehovah's witnesses (with criticism) and see how they will prove from the Bible that it's the truth. I have practiced different forms of religion including Islam but today i'm one of Jehovah's witnesses because that spirit of "searching for the truth" is working in me! Proverbs 2:1-5 compared to 1Timothy 5:21

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
They also believe and teach that the only way your salvation is guaranteed is only by joining watchtower organization.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Riofidelio:
That's the layman's point of view Sir. To fully grasp what's going on, you need to fully understand how Christianity ought to be practiced first then you'll be able to distinguish between what's right or wrong in Christianity. Satan has been brandishing different forms of worship to distract mankind from listening to God's instructions right from the beginning,he succeeded in contaminating the worship of the Israelites,then that of the Jews and later pounce on Christianity but Jesus had already prophesied that during the last days Satan will be beaten and his antics rendered useless, how? Because certain men will come together from different religious groups formed by Satan to make researches for the truth and Jesus said these ones He(Jesus) will give them the facts and sacred secrets of the kingdom. Sir what most people were taught or familiar with today was not the original setting Jesus commissioned as Christianity, it's how Satan rearranged it after killing all those who knew the arrangements. Jehovah's witnesses came from different religious groups and background during the 1870s,they continued searching for the truth without letting material gains distract them,they continued digging in God's word until they were able to excavate so many facts buried by Satan's agents(The Churches). So during the early 20th century Satan noticed their moves to restore true Christianity (pure worship) and started attacking them from all sides but it was too late because Jesus has already given them the keys to the knowledge and restored Christianity back in their hands. That's why they're moving with zeal to every corners to warn people about Jesus' next move! All these fact are well documented by Jehovah's witnesses in their books but with strong biblical backings, many may say "they're supporting their religion but that's not the case because God's people always see things from the same point of view, they will come together and agree on standards whereas Satan always keep his own worshippers in disarray even if they agreed they're worshipping the same God! So we shouldn't expect those under Satan's manipulations to concur to whatever God's people say unless they're ready to become part of God's family. Please prove me wrong by presenting what i'm saying before Jehovah's witnesses (with criticism) and see how they will prove from the Bible that it's the truth. I have practiced different forms of religion including Islam but today i'm one of Jehovah's witnesses because that spirit of "searching for the truth" is working in me! Proverbs 2:1-5 compared to 1Timothy 5:21

You did not mention the part where your leaders said Jesus appeared invisibly in 1914 after looking around and chose their religion as the one true religion.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
Another one they teach and believe is that Jesus is not mediator to all mankind rather He is mediator to only the anointed 144000 while the gb (8 old men in new York) is the mediator for the remaining jws

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Goodness4525: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You did not mention the part where your leaders said Jesus appeared invisibly in 1914 after looking around and chose their religion as the one true religion.
u can see I don't bother to reply him cos I got no strength for unnecessary argument

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Goodness4525: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:
Another one they teach and believe is that Jesus is not mediator to all mankind rather He is mediator to only the anointed 144000 while the gb (8 old men in new York) is the mediator for the remaining jws
what annoyed me most about religion is that each one of them think their beliefs and doctrine us superior to others

But the fact is God is not what and how they claim ,he set up the universe with mysterious natural laws without fear or favor of a given tribe,nation or continent.i t is what u give to the nature you getting back ,no miracles of undeserved expectations if you like pray thousands days

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by OneJ: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
[/b][quote author=Emusan post=68302664]

OneJ; JW are taught by Jehovah the only true God. That's what actually counts. John6:45
Which theological school did William Tyndale attend in order to translate KJV Bible? JW's are not seeking for personal glory hence, no individual's name is put forward. NWT is a collective effort. The New World Translation is the best Bible ever- Very easy to read & understand . God's name consistently appears in both OT & NT unlike other bible translations that uses LORD (in big letter) instead of Jehovah (Matt4:4, Jesus quoted Deut8:3 ).

(Emusan) Here we go, I know the Bible says in Isaiah 43:10-12 that "YOU ARE my witness..." but the best question a seeker of truth will ask is who are these YOU the Bible is referring to here?

OneJ: Who did Jesus witness for? Indeed Jesus witnessed for Jehovah & preached the good news of God's kingdom. .( John18:37. 17:17. 4:34 Mark1:14,15.. Rev3:14. 1Cor11:1)

(Emusan ): If your claim is true, why then they don't go with the KJV translation of John 1:1 as "...and the word was God" but they only go with their own Bible as "...and the word was a god"

OneJ: The Greek manuscript was actually penned down in small letters. The NWT rendering of John1:1 "..& the word was a god" is indeed very accurate. Over 14 other bible. versions have similar rendering of John1:1. Therefore, as far as English language is. concerned, "god " in small letter. have a different meaning from "God" in big letter.
Besides, the Sahidic Coptic Bible which dates back to the 2nd century reads " ..and a god was the word".
Notable Bible scholars agreed that it is an accurate rendering of the Greek manuscript text.
Infact,the double standard comes from KJV Bible because John 1:1 & Acts 28:6 have the same grammatical construction. Why change "god" in John 1:1 to "God" & leave "a god" intact in Acts28:6? Jesus calls. himself the "son of God" (John3:16. Matt16:13-17. John20:30,31) but trinitarians labeled him. "God the son".

Source :John1:1 wikipedia. (Google John1:1 wikipedia & thoroughly read & ponder over the first link there).
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Goodness4525:

This your dichotomy hmmmmmmm. Na waaaaaaaaaaooooooooo.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by achorladey: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
where do these scriptures fall into all of these....

.Galatians 6:3,4

If anyone thinks they are something when
they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else,

2 Corinthians 10:12

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2018
Emusan:

No you're wrong!
For instance;
>Jesus Himself said after receiving the Holy Spirit [b] they will be witness UNTO HIM not to anyone! but they claim they are Jehovah witness.
Then asked them is Jesus Jehovah they are witnessing for they'll say NO![/b]

Good Morning to you.

" ... you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Act 1:8 ESV

To verify your bolded Statement , Are this Apostles Witnesses of Jehovah or not ? ( Isaiah 43:10)

As per your discussion with any person, those of us here do not have the full details , But one thing is certain . we agree this present world will come to an end just as the world of Noah - 2 Peter 2:5

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 12:44am On Jun 10, 2018
Emusan:

I expect your response to OneJ regarding this unfounded claim

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Egyptiana(f): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2018
Emusan:

You made a degrading statement about the JW Bible and then you claimed that they should have accepted the 100 Bibles written by scholars.
When did religion become curricular?
Did Jesus ask Christians to turn to scholars?
Which of his apostles was a scholar?
Have you read through those hundred of Bibles to see the disparity in them?
What gave you the right to make such claims about the JW?
If those scholars accepted other scholars to be honest, why did 99 scholars go ahead to translate the Bible after the first translation?
Emusan:

The Bible said that Jesus himself is also a witness of Jehovah. The Christians in the first century did not hold the same view as you do, if not, they would have called themselves Jesus' witnesses. Rather, they called themselves followers of Jesus. The JW also witness Jesus and they did not choose for God. If you have a problem with the title by which the JW go by, you will be disturbed for long because that title is not going anywhere.
You are making ambiguous statement by saying that Jesus is the one actually promising to do things in the old testament because Jesus himself said that he is the word and there is nothing he does that originates from him but the father. He said that he speak exactly as he has been told by the father. What promises did he make in the old testament that is not the will of God?
Emusan:

This line is what got me. This is a very presumptuous way to express piety and all-knowing. What questions from you could render young and old JW speechless? I have read many of your conversations here and I do not see the questions that have rendered any JW here speechless. You are not intellectually strong to the point of rendering anyone speechless. Do not say that again. It makes you sound petty.
Emusan:

Who told you that JW only go with their own Bible? And if you hold KJV to be a standard for all Bibles, why has the KJV not been consistent over the years? Why have there been edited versions and making changes? Will you force the JW to go with the KJV? Who gave you that right to decide what Bible translation the JW should use?
Why was the KJV produced in the first place when we had other existing Bible versions? Why do we have so many Bible translations as 100 as you mentioned in the world? Which one of the 100 is the correct translation if you discount the JW translation?
Emusan:

None of those religions listed are pacifists. He is right to say that the JW are peaceful. He is not a mouthpiece for other religions. He has to speak about his own religion. He is talking about his religious principles and practices and not every individual. If you claim that Atheists and Hindus are peaceful, that is your point of view. The thread is about JW. When you get on a thread about Islam and Buddhism you can share your thought there.
Emusan:

She has a right to free speech. Telling her to carry her frustration to another is very bad of you. It shows lack of respect from you and a desire to pour out your annoyance on him.
Every true Christian should be affected by people using the name of God to dupe people.
does it not bother that people dupe others with God's name? Why does it bother you that JW are called JW? Why does it bother you that JW use their own Bible? Things that should bother you as a Christian do not, but you claim to render people speechless.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Good Morning to you.

" ... you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Act 1:8 ESV

To verify your bolded Statement , Are this Apostles Witnesses of Jehovah or not ? ( Isaiah 43:10)

As per your discussion with any person, those of us here do not have the full details , But one thing is certain . we agree this present world will come to an end just as the world of Noah - 2 Peter 2:5

You people will wait for this present world to end and nothing will happen. Sheybi una dey wait for over 140years? Your founding fathers died of heartbreak and you will die of heartbreak too. Your God will not come to destroy any world.

The world did not end during the time of the apostles and you say you are certain that the world would end during this time because your leaders tell you they are certain. The world would end because 8 old men in new world who say they are uninspired by the holy spirit and fallible and can err in doctrinal matters and organizational direction told you they are certain that the world would end just like noah's day so the group they lead will live forever on earth and they (these 8 old men) will rule this group together with Jesus from heaven.

People that always adjust their beliefs and doctrines will take over earth. Una long throat no be here.
People that said that Catholics practicing excommunication was a pagan practice but now excommunicate people who don't agree with gb ever changing beliefs will take over earth while the ones that refused to join this publishing company will be slaughtered by your God.
How come it's even your God that will do these killings self? You guys don't want to take responsibility for these killings abi? Always putting the evil you guys commit on God's head.

You believe God will slaughter people because of Changing beliefs of false prophets. Continue dreaming. You are in better bondage.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:07am On Jun 10, 2018
Egyptiana:
You made a degrading statement about the JW Bible and then you claimed that they should have accepted the 100 Bibles written by scholars.
What gave you the right to make such
If those scholars accepted other scholars to be honest, why did 99 scholars go ahead to translate the Bible after the first translation?
The Bible said that Jesus himself is also a witness of Jehovah. The Christians in the first century did not hold the same view as you do, if not, they would have called themselves Jesus' witnesses. Rather, they called themselves followers of Jesus. The JW also witness Jesus and they did not choose for God. If you have a problem with the title by which the JW go by, you will be disturbed for long because that title is not going anywhere.
You are making ambiguous statement by saying that Jesus is the one actually promising to do things in the old testament because Jesus himself said that he is the word and there is nothing he does that originates from him but the father. He said that he speak exactly as he has been told by the father. What promises did he make in the old testament that is not the will of God?
This line is what got me. This is a very presumptuous way to express piety and all-knowing. What questions from you could render young and old JW speechless? I have read many of your conversations here and I do not see the questions that have rendered any JW here speechless. You are not intellectually strong to the point of rendering anyone speechless. Do not say that again. It makes you sound petty.
Who told you that JW only go with their own Bible? And if you hold KJV to be a standard for all Bibles, why has the KJV not been consistent over the years? Why have there been edited versions and making changes? Will you force the JW to go with the KJV? Who gave you that right to decide what Bible the JW uses?
Why was the KJV produced when we had other existing Bible versions? Why do we have so many Bible translations in the world?
None of those religions listed are pacifists. He is right to say that the JW are peaceful. He is not a mouthpiece for other religion. He has to speak about his own religion. He is talking about his religious principles and practices and not every individual. If you claim that Atheists and Hindus are peaceful, that is your point of view. The thread is about JW. When you get on a thread about Islam and Buddhism you can share your thought there.
She has a right to free speech. Telling her to carry her frustration to another is very bad of you. It shows lack of respect from you and a desire to pour out your annoyance on him.
Every true Christian should be affected by people using the name of God to dupe people.
does it not bother that people dupe others with God's name? Why does it bother you that JW are called JW? Why does it bother you that JW use their own Bible? Things that should bother you as a Christian do not, but you claim to render people speechless.

Your religion is also duping you. Teaching you that their God will soon come to slaughter mankind and the only way you can survive this greatest genocide ever known to man is to join their organization, give them your brain and human values and do whatever they tell you without questioning them so you can live forever on earth.

Your publishing company/watchtower organization/corporation is a scam and racket.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Barristter07: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Egyptiana:
What gave you the right to make such
Who told you that JW only go with their own Bible? And if you hold KJV to be a standard for all Bibles, why has the KJV not been consistent over the years? Why have there been edited versions and making changes? Will you force the JW to go with the KJV? Who gave you that right to decide what Bible the JW uses?
Why was the KJV produced when we had other existing Bible versions? Why do we have so many Bible translations in the world?
None of those religions listed are pacifists. He is right to say that the JW are peaceful. He is not a mouthpiece for other religion. He has to speak about his own religion. He is talking about his religious principles and practices and not every individual. If you claim that Atheists and Hindus are peaceful, that is your point of view. The thread is about JW. When you get on a thread about Islam and Buddhism you can share your thought there.
Receive my Handshake for this comment .

Good Morning.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Receive my Handshake for this comment .

Good Morning.

Just know that your leaders have been scamming you. You will wait for this present world to end and nothing will happen. Just be watching.
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Akinboyepelz: 9:12am On Jun 10, 2018
I am learning
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by ableguy(m): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? by Hairyrapunzel: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2018
Akinboyepelz:
I am learning

Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life while Jehovah's witnesses believe that watchtower organization is the way, the truth and the life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Lessons To Learn From Mary And Martha / My 2021 Wins — A Testimony / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.