Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US (60050 Views)

Nigeria Air Plane To Arrive On Friday / First Commercial Plane To Land At Anambra Airport For Runway Testing (Photos) / Vehicle Lands In A Ditch As Family Were Returning From Festival In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 8:12am On Apr 15, 2019
Isoduwa:
Stupid children is American their country?

Never to come back home � was the plan

We die here together not after voting Buhari you and your family going no where

You die in Zoogeria alone. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:

Bro, for every passenger boarding a flight to the US, their passport and visas are scanned . Once scanned, this information is transmitted to the US before the flight departure. An already cancelled visa will be flagged on the manifest and and the airline will have to remove the passenger prior to departure. This is more than likely the reason for their removal than all other possible reasons. The US embassy has cancelled so many visas lately. Even my US passport is scanned and transmitted before departure.

you nailed it...

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2019
emkz:
Please investigate this to the letter. Visa restriction also affects Chinese scientists as they are not even given visas when they have legitimate reasons to be there. Conference organizers are now rejecting participants from certain countries because of this. The exact reasons are not disclosed, but it has something to do with Donald Trump's tough stance on immigration. Even when you have a visa, that does not guarantee entry as the immigration police can send you back for flimsy reasons. I have even witnessed US police arresting someone at the port of entry and using scary-looking dogs to frisk people. I did not bother to renew my US visa and I hope nothing takes me there again.

That said, find out why they were pulled out of the plane. It just might be unrelated to the visa. I was once in a flight (with Nigerians) and they had to remove them from the flight because they bought fake tickets. If it might be related to visa, did they put in their applications themselves or they went through third parties? Get as much information as you can and I can help you with an immigration lawyer.

yes indeed

It's the body language of Trump
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2019
Frezhkid10:
...chai see as money for ticket don waste!!!...is it a must to have yah holiday in U.S? ..Exporting our already depleting capital....there are nice and serene places in Nigeria where they could have their holiday...with a reduced cost

Nigeria has ZERO tourism potential

#Fact
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by dfrost: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2019
ultimatebas:
I think they must have told people that they were relocating for good and weren't coming back. So one of their village people informed the embassy.

Omo see crazy comment! cheesy grin Don't kill me this morning abeg.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by hammed71(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2019
lol nawa ooo, it is well sha
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by dfrost: 9:17am On Apr 15, 2019
Spidermon:
Shit like this is why I struck travelling out completely off my options for now.

Travel funds = business funds.

I 'll travel when I am rich enough to buy Economic citizenship of a real country.

God willing.

Goals, brother, goals. My kind of friend. wink

Buy a house in Spain worth 300,000 Euros. Citizenship secured.

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2019
dfrost:

Goals, brother, goals. My kind of friend. wink
Buy a house in Spain worth 300,000 Euros. Citizenship secured.
this is more like it
But to get that 300k eh undecided
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by dfrost: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2019
Ugosample:

this is more like it

But to get that 300k eh undecided

Honestly let me tell you. 2 years, 5, years, 10 years... whatever it takes me to raise the money, I will migrate my family (extended and otherwise) out of Nigeria. Anywhere but Nigeria.

Paraguay is okay but I'm just skeptical of sight-seeing the place for now. I will need to spend almost 40 hours (stops and connecting flights to get there).
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2019
dfrost:

Honestly let me tell you. 2 years, 5, years, 10 years... whatever it takes me to raise the money, I will migrate my family (extended and otherwise) out of Nigeria. Anywhere but Nigeria.

Paraguay is okay but I'm just skeptical of sight-seeing the place for now. I will need to spend almost 40 hours (stops and connecting flights to get there).

yea

It's a good thing to leave the head quarters of suffering and poverty

3 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by slimlancy88(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2019
My brother and his family were sent down from the plane without any reason. A flight attendant approached them and said she received a directive from the US embassy that they shouldn't be allowed to travel. The lady didn't state any reason for this action. This happened 12pm today What can they do? The kids have been crying since.

It happened to my sis last year, he should contact US embassy, they reclaim issued visa back now based on nothing. How long was the visa issued before they tried travelling? Waiting 2-3 months before you traveled after visa issuing is another way of them revoking your visa . Can’t blame them they know Nigeria lack progress and every one is trying to Japa .

2 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by kuljiyke(m): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2019
[quote author=CableWire post=77545544]
. Did they check the start running date of travel on the visa before buying tickets? So sorry to say that most Nigerians, once given visa rush to purchase ticket without reading thru their visas...there's always starting date on the visa and if you buy ticket before the date meaning that you are travel before your starting date on visa... [ /quote]
Please what if your intention is to travel on the 10th and you travel on the 12th, what will happen?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by kuljiyke(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2019
CableWire:
Truly a lot of factors can attribute to this
. Mis-information (were any convicted before)

. False declaration

. Falsified documents (fake stamps inclusive)

. Did they use an agent in procuring the visa? Guess it's genuine...at times, agents make their ways in getting stolen visas not knowing that already these visa have numbers and can be tracked from anywhere in the world.

. Additional information needed buh didn't come along

. False information as regards to intended stay

If that the family or any member have traveled before just like someone here earlier asked

. Did any of them commit any crime?

. Any case with any of the security agencies? Driving issues? What of policies?....insurance? Hospitals bills?

. Is the wife more than 25weeks pregnant?

. Did they check the start running date of travel on the visa before buying tickets? So sorry to say that most Nigerians, once given visa rush to purchase ticket without reading thru their visas...there's always starting date on the visa and if you buy ticket before the date meaning that you are travel before your starting date on visa... Except and only if you are 'lucky' and not caught by airline security... You are bound to be turned back buh doesn't mean that you won't travel again buh from the stated date on your visa. This is because if you are not caught here and was tracked maybe at the point of entry in any of the countries then, the airline will be billed and it's 'large' in dollars same goes with pregnancy more than 25weeks

A lot could be the problem but in all, every home office is entitled who, where, when or how to give and 'retrieve' their visas mostly when one is not their citizen.

For the ticket refund... It's a no..no...thing. Not even a 1%refund

...feel their state but let them file in for appeal. Probably something tangible might come thru.
What if you are to travel on the 10th and you travel on the 12th what will happen?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by eleko1: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2019
grin cheesy grin grin wink grin grin
MISTAICEY02288:

Wow.. This is really serious... And the pastor must be really strong too for him to have known the name of the person. Please can you tell that your friend to help out with the Pastor's phone contact. Thank you
lipsrsealed..I'm d PASITO.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Reeses: 10:59am On Apr 15, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:

When you get to the airport, for example Delta airline - they have a guy or lady that will check your passport and visa before you even approach the check in agent. These people are only doing a visual check for fake visa or passport. Once you are cleared that is when you get to check in where the agent only cares about if your ticket is real and your final destination. When you arrive at the boarding gate, they will collect your passport again and scan it. This manifest is transmitted to the US for security and other reasons. This is how the US govt will know that you are on a flight and can wait for you (if you are a wanted person) at the gate before the plane even lands. Once this information is scanned and transmitted, it is very possible that their visas were flagged as been cancelled hence the airline was notified to remove them from the flight. I have gone through this steps more than 100 times. I know the routine. I'll be on a flight to the US by this time tomorrow and be back by the weekend.
You are coming to America? Please bring food stuffs for me thanks ..
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by abbey621(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2019
Ugosample:

Obama tried his best

His best? No bro, he was a sellout just like Trump, just like Bush, just like 99% of the politicians.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by AfonjaBoston: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2019
Who are all these jokers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by AfonjaBoston: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2019
NOHOLDSBAR:

The check in in agent won't know about the no fly warning (as long as your ticket is good and you have a visa, good or bad), the guys at the gate (boarding gate) where they scan and transmit visas and passports will be the ones to catch such things. They more than likely found out very late hence they already made it on board the flight. Most people will get an email notifying them of their cancelled visa hence will not even bother trying to fly. I know couple of people who have their visas cancelled at the last minute. I fly back and forth to the US almost on a monthly basis, I know how it works. This might not be the reason, but this is more than likely the reason. Cancelled visas at the last minute.

You are empty keep quiet and stop jonesing yourself

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Isoduwa(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2019
Ugosample:

You die in Zoogeria alone. tongue

Liar liar � we die here
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by octavian(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2019
lorenzos1:
If the information provided during the interview differs from the flight information booked by your brother, then that might have been the issue. There has been a trend of Nigerians on US tourist Visa booking flights to certain parts of the US close to the Canadian border going to cross as refugees. So immediately they see the flight details booked, they can infer the possible intent, especially if it is not anywhere close to address of their host(say your host is in Texas but you booked flight to New York). Also while they were boarding, the load you would carry if you are going for 2 weeks would be different from the kinda of load you would have if you want to relocate. A lot of things can easily give away your intentions. But this aside you would would have to go to the embassy to find out. Really sad the kids had to face such a painful experience.

Bros I quite agree and disagree with this line though, I was interviewed by a VO @ Lagos and I stated in my application that I was going for Holidays @ Ohio , but I booked a flight to San Francisco. At PoE, the officer asked where I was going and I told him the town and the occupation of my host, the duration of my stay as i was talking I brought out my tax card to show him that I'm a taxpayer in Nigeria and will be going back home, all he said was there is no need for that "Enjoy your stay in the United States"

By the way @OP, in such situation, it is either your brother is not completely saying the truth there can be different scenarios:
1. The address of his host could be a visitor turned runaway person in the US
2. If and when a call is put through to his 9ja office, there was no positive feedback
3. He might have overstayed his visa on any of his last visits
4. There is a possibility that he could have committed an offense on any of his visits
5. He worked on one of his visits thereby violating the T&C of B1/B2
6. Maybe, his wife lied during one of their visits that there were there for Holidays while she was there to put to bed

Na only am sabi wetin him do before dem revoke the visa

2 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by AfonjaBoston: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
Reeses:

You are coming to America? Please bring food stuffs for me thanks ..

Be careful. Don't receive or send food items through strangers. Have you not seen in the news lately couriers poisoning food?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by AfonjaBoston: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
octavian:

Bros I quite agree and disagree with this line though, I was interviewed by a VO @ Lagos and I stated in my application that I was going for Holidays @ Ohio , but I booked a flight to San Francisco. At PoE, the officer asked where I was going and I told him the town and the occupation of my host, the duration of my stay as i was talking I brought out my tax card to show him that I'm a taxpayer in Nigeria and will be going back home, all he said was there is no need for that "Enjoy your stay in the United States"

By the way @OP, in such situation, it is either your brother is not completely saying the truth there can be different scenarios:
1. The address of his host could be a visitor turned runaway person in the US
2. If and when a call is put through to his 9ja office, there was no positive feedback
3. He might have overstayed his visa on any of his last visits
4. There is a possibility that he could have committed an offense on any of his visits
5. He worked on one of his visits thereby violating the T&C of B1/B2
6. Maybe, his wife lied during one of their visits that there were there for Holidays while she was there to put to bed

Na only am sabi wetin him do before dem revoke the visa

You brought out your tax card? angry grin hahaha how does that stand as strong ties to Nigeria
Na only you dey pay tax abi those whey enter street for Yankee no pay tax too for naija ni?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by octavian(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

You brought out your tax card? angry grin hahaha how does that stand as strong ties to Nigeria
Na only you dey pay tax abi those whey enter street for Yankee no pay tax too for naija ni?

Gentleman you see the bolded, it is evidence that you are working in Nigeria. I pay taxes and will tell them I have a job to go back to, even though Nigeria might not the best place but we thank God we can go on Holidays. By the way, if you are in 9ja do you have a tax card?

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Saintp(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nigerians should stop disturbing our eyes about this racism bullshit. We should be more concerned about the deep inter tribal hatred going on in Nigeria which is worse than racism in far away land. A peep into the political section or crime section of nairaland will show you guys what raw hate is.
If a black man cannot love a black man in his own country due to tribal differences, why should a white man embrace a black man in their own country?

10 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Ugosample(m): 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Saintp:
Nigerians should stop disturbing our eyes about this racism bullshit. We should be more concerned about the deep inter tribal hatred going on in Nigeria which is worse than racism in far away land. A peep into the political section or crime section of nairaland will show you guys what raw hate is.
If a black man cannot love a black man in his own country due to tribal differences, why should a white man embrace a black man in their own country?

You have said it all

2 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by centboy123456(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
YungTemy:
My friend was sent back to Nigeria from Kuwait, because it was discovered that his Visa was fake. So this could be a reason. Maybe

where did he do d fake visa
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Awoleesu(m): 5:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

If it happens to you just stick your ground, you hear. More enemies will show up in the image of flight security, policemen and dss agentsgrin
My sincere sympathy for the affected family...

But you don't have to wish me ill! shocked
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by oduademon: 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
They should stop giving Nigerians visa to America.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Yopcity: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
ultimatebas:
I think they must have told people that they were relocating for good and weren't coming back. So one of their village people informed the embassy.

Lol! Una no go kill person for this nairaland, u are a clown i swear ���

1 Like

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Walkingnigger: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2019
Yeepa... Aaye!!!!
fairfora:
Our people must learn to keep secret at times especially in Nigeria where bad belle full ground. If you have good intentions, don't share with everybody until you're done. Rather pray to God for the success of it whilst you carry out your plans. I have a close relation who was deported from USA at the port of entry on the account wrong of identity. He went to the embassy himself for his interview , leading to approval of his Visa. The guy was jubilating up and down, showing his Visa to every Tom, dick and harry. When he got to the USA port of entry, the CBP said the pictures on the bio data page and Visa page in his passport didn't resemble his real look. He was asked to thumb print which he did and the fingerprints were all his.

Eventually, they deported this guy on account of fraud with a ban. When he got back home, his aunt took him to their pastor who prayed for him this pastor asked him, who is so, and so( mentioning the person's name) and the guy said she's just a friend and the man said she took photograph of the Visa with her eyes and cancelled it in the spirit realm. He told the guy not to worry but would need to pray very hard to get another one. A few years later, he got a renewed Visa and his wife sef no know when im reach yankee. He came back after his programme and settled the scores with her and siblings whom he didn't inform before travelling.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
fairfora:
Our people must learn to keep secret at times especially in Nigeria where bad belle full ground. If you have good intentions, don't share with everybody until you're done. Rather pray to God for the success of it whilst you carry out your plans. I have a close relation who was deported from USA at the port of entry on the account wrong of identity. He went to the embassy himself for his interview , leading to approval of his Visa. The guy was jubilating up and down, showing his Visa to every Tom, dick and harry. When he got to the USA port of entry, the CBP said the pictures on the bio data page and Visa page in his passport didn't resemble his real look. He was asked to thumb print which he did and the fingerprints were all his.

Eventually, they deported this guy on account of fraud with a ban. When he got back home, his aunt took him to their pastor who prayed for him this pastor asked him, who is so, and so( mentioning the person's name) and the guy said she's just a friend and the man said she took photograph of the Visa with her eyes and cancelled it in the spirit realm. He told the guy not to worry but would need to pray very hard to get another one. A few years later, he got a renewed Visa and his wife sef no know when im reach yankee. He came back after his programme and settled the scores with her and siblings whom he didn't inform before travelling.

How can people believe this sort of nonsense?

7 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Beautyaddy: 8:20pm On Apr 15, 2019
justwise:

How can people believe this sort of nonsense?

looool!!...Lost for words is an understatement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / Floods At Akowonjo Road, Jimoh Bus Stop After Little Rain (Pictures) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.