Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? (926 Views)

Water Scarcity In Nigerian Schools / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Corporal Punishment In Nigerian Schools, Any Alternative? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by Anthropos(m): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2007
He there

just discovered nairaland and let me tell you I really like it!
I am from germany and I stayed in Nigeria (Kogi, Nassarwa, Abuja) for about 5 months
doing a resarch in local primary and secondary schools. I really enjoyed myself and since then
I came back to your beautiful country twice.
By now I am writing my masterthesis about schools in Nigeria and it is working out very well!
My focus are the recent national reforms (with respect to the global education conferences) and their
impact on the daily life in schools! Maybe some of you can help me: What do you think are the EFA
goals or the UBE reform affecting the local schools or is it just political rhetoric which has not that much impact?

And what about your most impressiv Experience you ever had during your schooling?

Have some of you experienced corporal punishment and what do you think about it?
Do you think there is a possibility to discipline the students without?

So if anyone is interested in the topic, I would be happy to read your replies.
Re: German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by zillonnair(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2007
i should tell you so you can go ahead and further castigate the character of african and nigerians in particular. Nonsense, i suggest you find a more positive thing to write about
Re: German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by soulpatrol(f): 2:43am On May 01, 2007
@zillionair. lol.  grin see you have scared the poor guy away sha. why now? why una dey always attack people that want to know more about the country? nigerians! funny bunch!! cool
Re: German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by DisGuy: 3:02am On May 01, 2007
zillonnair:

i should tell you so you can go ahead and further castigate the character of african and nigerians in particular. Nonsense, i suggest you find a more positive thing to write about
so basically there is nothing positive for you to tell him?

My focus are the recent national reforms (with respect to the global education conferences) and their
impact on the daily life in schools! Maybe some of you can help me: What do you think are the EFA
goals or the UBE reform affecting the local schools or is it just political rhetoric which has not that much impact?

most of those reforms are still on paper right about now probably on the conference chair wink
honestly i think those reforms will go a long way IF they are diligently put to practice but as thing are we are still waiting for the change, a lot of time has already been spent on inspections alone and most of the recommendations have been met by rusty heads of school that don't welcome change without getting anything in return [usually less regulation, less workload, improved salaries, better job security]

Right about now the current minister of education is taking up a new job, so we'll probably be another 6months back in reforms as the new minister would either ditch the current plans or take time in adjusting to the new position wink
Re: German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by GNature(m): 3:07am On May 01, 2007
Well said @Dis Guy wink
Re: German student working on Nigerian Schools is asking strange questions!? by Anthropos(m): 9:08am On May 03, 2007
I am not at all scared away! And just to make it clear - though i think it is clear -
I don't want to castigate anyone.

Thanks for your Posts so far.

(1) (Reply)

Any Ilaroite In The House / Which Polytechnic In Nigeria Do Admit Using Mpce 4 Management Courses / Where Can I Get Federal Polytechnic Offa Scratch Card?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.