Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Improving Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improving Nairaland (397 Views)

Nigeria Is IMPROVING Under The Tinubu Administration / Power Sector Is Improving Gradually – FG / How Buhari’s N-power Programme Is Transforming Lives, Improving Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improving Nairaland by damoobaba: 11:16am On Apr 15, 2019
Nairaland has been around for quite a long time but somehow SEUN has not deem it important to improve the quality of this forum. I want Nairaland to improve in these areas because this forum has the ability to get to the level of Twitter, Facebook,Instagram etc. Seun needs to stop being a local champion and start being world class.

1. SHARE: When you click share on Nairaland, on which forum exactly does the message get shared. Top social media platforms give you the opportunity to share your videos,chats,messages on other people's walls end even other social media sites. I don't know where my messages go when I click on Nairaland share button

2. Emoji: why has Nairaland not improved on its Emojis.

3.Paid membership: On top social media sites, the more likes/followers/views you get for your page puts money in your pocket. If Seun wants to get this forum to a world class status,he has to work on this area.

4.NAIRALAND CHAT: PLS, when is Nairaland chat app going to be out. I tried creating one like 4years ago when I was learning android app creation but then my laptop crashed. Developers on this site can create a chat app for Nairaland,they'll sure make money from it

5. LASTLY from hereby,Seun must understand that (a) He can't achieve all of this alone, He needs to consult world class programmers and tech businessmen to get insight on how to attract big names to this site so as to make more money from it. (b) Nairaland,like other forums is like a clan or community where the members have their own trademark culture. He shouldn't expect people to behave and act like they are on Facebook or Instagram. One of the things I enjoy on Nairaland is seeing people yab themselves even though I feel its criminal for anybody to THREATEN another person. You don't BAN somebody for just insulting another person,let the insulted person insult his own back.

All of this is just my own contribution,thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Improving Nairaland by kajoula(m): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2019
Good insight grin

1 Like

Re: Improving Nairaland by meobizy(f): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2019
...but the owner like am like that.
Re: Improving Nairaland by damoobaba: 11:41am On Apr 15, 2019
meobizy:
...but the owner like am like that.

At the moment,there's no Nigerian company that can be classified as world class. Nairaland is one forum that offers that opportunity if its well improved. Nairaland has not really improved since 2008 that I joined. And its my second favourite platform after Facebook. I spend more time on Nairaland than any other website or forum.

1 Like

Re: Improving Nairaland by meobizy(f): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2019
damoobaba:

At the moment,there's no Nigerian company that can be classified as world class. Nairaland is one forum that offers that opportunity if its well improved. Nairaland has not really improved since 2008 that I joined. And its my second favourite platform after Facebook. I spend more time on Nairaland than any other website or forum.
It saddens me that running to Reddit didn’t change my mind about this place.
There’s a Nigerian-ness about here one can’t get elsewhere.
Nigerian based minds are not world class in anyway, it’s time we accept the fact.
It is until someone from abroad brings something better to our environment that this place will step up.
For now let’s make do with what we are presented with.

1 Like

Re: Improving Nairaland by damoobaba: 11:59am On Apr 15, 2019
In addition to the above. I feel SEUN also has to think of going global. What if he creates something like

1. Ghanaland or CediLand (for folks in Ghana)
2. DollarLand (for US folks)
3. SouthyLand (SouthAfrica)

Or maybe Nairaland Ghana, Nairaland SouthAfrica, Nairaland UK etc. He needs to stop operating local,He should start thinking global,he can employ or even consult people to think for him.
Re: Improving Nairaland by HarryDuce(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
I'm especially interested in a downvote option...

The culture section should be more active also.
Re: Improving Nairaland by nwanyionitsha: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
damoobaba:
Nairaland has been around for quite a long time but somehow SEUN has not deem it important to improve the quality of this forum. I want Nairaland to improve in these areas because this forum has the ability to get to the level of Twitter, Facebook,Instagram etc. Seun needs to stop being a local champion and start being world class.

1. SHARE: When you click share on Nairaland, on which forum exactly does the message get shared. Top social media platforms give you the opportunity to share your videos,chats,messages on other people's walls end even other social media sites. I don't know where my messages go when I click on Nairaland share button

2. Emoji: why has Nairaland not improved on its Emojis.

3.Paid membership: On top social media sites, the more likes/followers/views you get for your page puts money in your pocket. If Seun wants to get this forum to a world class status,he has to work on this area.

4.NAIRALAND CHAT: PLS, when is Nairaland chat app going to be out. I tried creating one like 4years ago when I was learning android app creation but then my laptop crashed. Developers on this site can create a chat app for Nairaland,they'll sure make money from it

5. LASTLY from hereby,Seun must understand that (a) He can't achieve all of this alone, He needs to consult world class programmers and tech businessmen to get insight on how to attract big names to this site so as to make more money from it. (b) Nairaland,like other forums is like a clan or community where the members have their own trademark culture. He shouldn't expect people to behave and act like they are on Facebook or Instagram. One of the things I enjoy on Nairaland is seeing people yab themselves even though I feel its criminal for anybody to THREATEN another person. You don't BAN somebody for just insulting another person,let the insulted person insult his own back.

All of this is just my own contribution,thanks.
Even the mobile apps are so poor quality with few downloads.
Re: Improving Nairaland by damoobaba: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
I never try that one. I visit through my browser

(1) (Reply)

EFCC comes for Danjuma Goje.... / 2019 Elections: Buhari Rescued APC From Total Defeat – Bafarawa / Zamfara State Governor Abdulaziz Yari Reveals How Emir Of Zurmi Told Him To ‘wip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.