Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion (19335 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Receives Two-year Prison Sentence For Tax Evasion / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Jay-Jay Okocha And Others Announce FIFA Best Awards Nominees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by olajummyakinola: 11:53am On Apr 15, 2019
tax ke
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 15, 2019
It should be illegal to pay taxes in Nigeria and the reasons are clearly reasonable:

Countries where citizens pay taxes the Citizens were born into countries where there is Pipe Borne Water. Constant Electricity, Road Networks, Public Housing, Security of Lives and Properties, Accountability, Accountability, Accountability x3 and Medical Institutions.

In Nigeria, In my home I contributed millions to help pave the road, I mine the ground for my own water, I patronize private hospital and pay upfront cash for check up, we all Pay school fees upfront, we own generating sets and no life and property is secured etc etc.

So what the fucckk are we paying taxes for when there is no accountability accountability accountability.

We even pat Land Use Charge after buying the land. Which is against the laws of nature.

I repeat: It is illegal to pay taxes in Nigeria. Because at the end, the money is shared among States and the Governors use it 'wisely' with their families so in essence paying taxes if funding the lifestyles of politicians.

Just as tithe (religious tax) funds the lifestyles of Pastors and their families.

Come to think of it, churches / Mosques don't pay taxes and Governments do not also pay taxes. Is there something we should know?

Yes, theseorganisations were designed by the Illuminated Jesuits.

My money does not belong to Caesar so I am not giving to Caesar. Except I am threatened, but not willingly.

I am sure nairalanders do not pay taxes too but they are hypocrites among us who love to act holy. Even Atiku and Buhari evade taxes.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by vezycash(m): 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
ntyce:
Can he try same when he was in Europe?

Gbenu dake
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by chibuzorAbia: 12:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
CosmoDroid:
It should be illegal to pay taxes in Nigeria and the reasons are clearly reasonable:

Countries where citizens pay taxes the Citizens were born into countries where there is Pipe Borne Water. Constant Electricity, Road Networks, Public Housing, Security of Lives and Properties, Accountability, Accountability, Accountability x3 and Medical Institutions.

In Nigeria, In my home I contributed millions to help pave the road, I mine the ground for my own water, I patronize private hospital and pay upfront cash for check up, we all Pay school fees upfront, we own generating sets and no life and property is secured etc etc.

So what the fucckk are we paying taxes for when there is no accountability accountability accountability.

We even pat Land Use Charge after buying the land. Which is against the laws of nature.

I repeat: It is illegal to pay taxes in Nigeria. Because at the end, the money is shared among States and the Governors use it 'wisely' with their families so in essence paying taxes if funding the lifestyles of politicians.

Just as tithe (religious tax) funds the lifestyles of Pastors and their families.

Come to think of it, churches / Mosques don't pay taxes and Governments do not also pay taxes. Is there something we should know?

Yes, theseorganisations were designed by the Illuminated Jesuits.

My money does not belong to Caesar so I am not giving to Caesar. Except I am threatened, but not willingly.

I am sure nairalanders do not pay taxes too but they are hypocrites among us who love to act holy. Even Atiku and Buhari evade taxes.

You are truly MAD! Irresponsible foolish people plenty for Nairaland and you are prominent among them.

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by bencr7: 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2019
ClearFlair:
Atiku should please go back to Cameroon. He has done enough damage here.
mumu is that what d topic talking about! u na just come nairaland to dey comment nonsense and offpoint
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Sanchez01: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
godofuck231:
never in the history of Nigeria have we see such disgrace as this act of dragging our national Hero's in the mud, I he should be given a tax waiver
Just like Messi and Ronaldo, shey?

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by trapQ: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Meanwhile someone from the tax office usually calls my dad to negotiate how much tax my dad will get to pay and he usually slashes it to less than 1000% because he knows he'll have his commission.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Offpoint: 12:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
bencr7:
mumu is that what d topic talking about! u na just come nairaland to dey comment nonsense and offpoint
Una no go let me rest for nairaland? wetin my name do una for nairaland?
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

You are truly MAD! Irresponsible foolish people plenty for Nairaland and you are prominent among them.

I know know I am mad, wisdom of THE GODS is always madness to the Fool.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by godofuck231: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
lol, u know na
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by godofuck231: 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
Sanchez01:
lol, u know na
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Akolawole(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2019
horlique:
When 99% of our politicians have not pay a dime in tax for donkey years.....
How do you know that? Their taxes are deducted from their wages.

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by SarkinYarki: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
ntyce:
Can he try same when he was in Europe?

In Europe he can see where tax money is being used ..where is Lagos tax money being used
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by wink2015(m): 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
THOSE CELEBRITIES POSTING THEIR WEALTH ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES SUCH AS FACEBOOK, INSTALGRAM, TWITTER ETC SHOULD BETTER BE CAREFUL AS GOVERNMENT AGENCIES ARE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR TAX DEFAULTERS.

All the Tonto Dikeh, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Genevieve Nnaji, Regina Daniel, Kate Henshaw etc
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Akolawole(m): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
I am so dissapointed in Okocha.

He has lived in England, Germany and France. Can he tried that there? He dare not.

Yes, it is true most wealthy people underpay tax but yet we still have to pay it whether the executives steal the money or not. To make a great nation is our collective responsibility. Do your own and I do my own.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by lakesider(m): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Cadec007:
If i had told him to go to the east and settle, he would have stoned me

So he won't pay tax in the east for hotel worth billions of dollars..
Hmmm
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Boss13: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
This is not good for Okocha’s reputation. He should have addressed this quicker. Tax evasion is a crime.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by chibuzorAbia: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
CosmoDroid:

I know know I am mad, wisdom of THE GODS is always madness to the Fool.

Yeah, many people call madness wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Chimaokigwe: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
godofuck231:
never in the history of Nigeria have we see such disgrace as this act of dragging our national Hero's in the mud, I he should be given a tax waiver

Which hero?
If Okocha were abroad, he would have been jailed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by tiredoflife(m): 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
Which is he owing earn income tax or company income tax
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Cadec007:
Does that warrant tax evasion? The east operated similar tax system with Lagos
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Chimaokigwe: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
Elnino4ladies:

They don't pay tax in east?

Yep..
Tax figures in the SE are the lowest in Nigeria.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Chimaokigwe: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

Does that warrant tax evasion? The east operated similar tax system with Lagos

Don't mind that ignorant fellow.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

Yeah, many people call madness wisdom.

That's true too, yet some mad scientist are not really insane. Just acronym for Higher level of intellect.

Which makes you a fool compared to them.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by technicallyrich(m): 1:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
Seriously do people pay tax in these country.or is it because he is from the ss/se that a yoruba muslim judge will be telling him to pay.
Okocha is not paying any tax in the zoo.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by AbleGod32123: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
ClearFlair:
Atiku should please go back to Cameroon. He has done enough damage here.

Ur brain is damaged already.. clown
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by technicallyrich(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
Seriously do people pay tax in these country.or is it because he is from the ss/se that a yoruba muslim judge will be telling him to pay.
Okocha is not paying any tax in the zoo.
Is suenmsg,dangote etc paying tax.
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by movetoca: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
Cadec007:
Does your father have one plot of land in Lagos?. idiot
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by pek(m): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
godofuck231:
Very funny you. National hero you say? National hero that can't pay his tax? You said he should be given tax waiver, why exactly?
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by jrusky(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
arck1:

Seriously do people really take this tax issue serious in naija?
Las Las money go change hand and we won't hear of it again grin

Please who knows if MonaLisa has pay hers?

Yourself have you ever pay tax or have you pay your own tax?
Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by arck1: 1:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
jrusky:

Yourself have you ever pay tax or have you pay your own tax?

Yes! I pay tax tongue tongue tongue Argue with your phone cheesy

Re: Again, Court Orders Jay Jay Okocha’s Arrest For Tax Evasion by Cadec007(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
movetoca:

Does your father have one plot of land in Lagos?. idiot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Wins Chinese Women’s Super League 'Best Striker for 2017 Season' / Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax / Asisat Oshoala Is Barcelona Femeni's Highest Goal Scorer In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.