Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax (19363 Views)

Jose Peseiro Quits As Head Coach Of The Super Eagles - Pulse Sports / Overmars Quits Ajax Over "Inappropriate" Messages To Female Colleagues / 12-Year-Old Boy's Racist Messages To Wilfried Zaha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2022
Arsenal & Barcelona legend, Marc Overmars leaves Ajax effective immediately

Director of Football Affairs Marc Overmars will leave Ajax with immediate effect. He made this decision after discussions in recent days with the Supervisory Board and CEO Edwin van der Sar and communicated his intentions to them. A series of inappropriate messages sent to several female colleagues over an extended period of time underlies his decision to leave the club.

Overmars: "I am ashamed. Last week I was confronted with reports about my behavior. And how this has come across to others. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I was crossing the line with this, but that was made clear to me in recent days. I suddenly felt enormous pressure. I apologize. Certainly for someone in my position, this behavior is unacceptable. I now see that too. But it is too late. I see no other option but to leave Ajax. This also has a major impact on my private situation. That is why I ask everyone to leave me and my family alone."

Marc Overmars (born 1973) has been the Director of Football Affairs at Ajax since the summer of 2012. Since 1 February 2013, the former star footballer who played at Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona, ​​among others, has held this position as a statutory director. He was recently reappointed for a new term, until June 30, 2026.

Supervisory Board chairman Leen Meijaard: "This is a dramatic situation for everyone who is involved in any way. It is devastating for the women who have had to deal with the behavior. When we heard news of this, we immediately acted, carefully deliberating and weighing what was the best thing to do - all in consultation with CEO Edwin van der Sar and assisted by an external expert. Marc is probably the best football director that Ajax has had. We upgraded and extended his contract for a reason. But, unfortunately, he has really gone over the line, so continuing as director was not an option, as he recognized himself. It is extremely painful for everyone. I want to express the wish that everyone involved is given the peace and privacy to process this."

CEO Edwin van der Sar: "I find the situation appalling for everyone and I agree with Leen Meijaard's words. In my role, I also feel responsible to help colleagues. A safe sport- and working climate is very important. We will pay even more attention to this in the near future. Marc and I have been playing together since the early 1990s, first at Ajax and then with the national team and we have been colleagues in the management of Ajax for almost ten years now. That has now come to a very abrupt end. We are working on something very wonderful here at Ajax, so this news will also be a blow to everyone who cares about Ajax."

Date: 06.02.2022

Correspondent: AFC Ajax

Photographer: AFC Ajax

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by otipoju(m): 1:09am On Feb 07, 2022
The world has gone bananas

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by dawnomike(m): 3:11am On Feb 07, 2022
What that thing in between a man legs can cause knows no bounds... So bad that It has been know to cause war between nations in time past and also, led to the downfall of great men. embarassed

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by gaby(m): 5:32am On Feb 07, 2022
What a pity for the "flying Dutchman".

Women matter? Na God go help us men.

May God continue to lead us right and grant us the wisdom to look away from falling into temptation that'd bring us down through the "sweet in the middle" of a woman.

Hallelujah somebody...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by paulolee(m): 6:35am On Feb 07, 2022
this guy was a key player for barca n arsenal and now working in a key slot in ajax which means he gat fame n money, so why sending bad messages to women dt he can easily get whenever he wants..?
it seems this year, so many footballers go lose guard ontop kpekus matter o

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Maxymilliano(m): 6:41am On Feb 07, 2022
Na so dem suspend Canada-based Nigerian doctor for hugging and blowing kiss at co-worker

These days it is even very dangerous to flirt. cry cry cry

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by paulolee(m): 6:43am On Feb 07, 2022
dawnomike:
What that thing in between a man legs can cause knows no bounds... So bad that It has been know to cause war between nations in time past and also, led to the downfall of great men. embarassed
atimes i de reason am too. ..Wetin nature dey put for guys head wey dey mk am go abnormal n hardly use his brain wen kpekus matter is involved, the worst b say, na wen u don finish with the few mins of sex, u go kum get bk to ur senses n start thinking straight

4 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by OJEEMAH(m): 6:45am On Feb 07, 2022
Too bad
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by money121(m): 9:02am On Feb 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Curious346: 9:03am On Feb 07, 2022
Very sad indeed
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Kharol1234: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2022
Wahala when person finally japa leave this country, person go they careful with white women. No be say when person say Hy them go take am as sexual harassment.

22 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by victorazy(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by sukkot: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2022
pervert

3 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by inoki247: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2022
Wahala with woman Mata wan come too much say ordinary hello e fit put u for trouble...

4 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 07, 2022
grin
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Kingcalls: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2022
Men should stop allowing women have the day

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by baralatie(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Na so dem suspend Canada-based Nigerian doctor for hugging and blowing kiss at co-worker

These days it is even very dangerous to flirt. cry cry cry
Been flirtatious is not the problem per SE but it's limits .it's use and the recipients are the problem.
In a office environment where standards and moral is required.flirtatiousness can cause problems.in the hospitality been flirtatious is an asset because it is the key to p.r.
But now the mode of the flirt is now key.some are appropriate some are not
For example .at an office I complimented a secretary perfume and colour setting of her desk .I got a mind your business attitude.then out comes project manager and I said to her those are very good looking shoes(I got a positive remark that day)

4 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by fasho01(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Such a shame. Men need to understand boundaries and set parameters not to cross that line. Most men are guilty of this

6 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Bobloco: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2022
Since the days of Sampson
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2022
Europe na sane place. Like say na here, no need to waste time send text, na waste of time, the babes naim go make the call, book room. Dem no even send if u dey" do";all of them in d office. Khai. Nigeria is a free country. Just do anything u like, as long as no be robbery or murder. This country been no bad before oh

5 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Kingcalls: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:
this guy was a key player for barca n arsenal and now working in a key slot in ajax which means he gat fame n money, so why sending bad messages to women dt he can easily get whenever he wants..?
it seems this year, so many footballers go lose guard ontop kpekus matter o

U think the westerners are like Nigerian girls.... both sets of ladies are mad in their own way.... foolish men allowed this nonsense abd its time men took bk total control

8 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by dontro(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2022
Another one
When we're still dealing with Mason Greenwood matter
Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by bestman09(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2022
grin

This oyibo ladies Sha. Inappropriate text as they call it from a top person like this will gladden the heart of most of our ladies here grin grin

They will even be the one to encourage you to go ahead.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Lanretoye(m): 9:12am On Feb 07, 2022
otipoju:
The world has gone bananas
banana abi pineapple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by ThierryJay: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2022
Basically, it's now a crime for men to flirt with a woman in a professional environment. How then do office colleagues then get married? By reading one another's mind and jumping to the altar ba? How can one know when to draw the line? O ga o.

This is no longer sexual assault but just flirting that is bringing great men down.

Send a quote from songs of Solomon to a female colleague in appreciation and you are a goner. It's well.

3 Likes

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by gulfer: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2022
gaby:
What a pity for the "flying Dutchman".

Women matter? Na God go help us men.

May God continue to lead us right and grant us the wisdom to look away from falling into temptation that'd bring us down through the "sweet in the middle" of a woman.

Hallelujah somebody...
Overmars was not the 'Flying Dutchman' angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Overmars Admits Sending Inappropriate Messages To Female Colleagues, Quits Ajax by Kingcalls: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2022
paulolee:

atimes i de reason am too. ..Wetin nature dey put for guys head wey dey mk am go abnormal n hardly use his brain wen kpekus matter is involved, the worst b say, na wen u don finish with the few mins of sex, u go kum get bk to ur senses n start thinking straight

There is nothing wrong with what some of these men do , its just the body responding to nature.... women do the same thing and its not reported, even when reported, no one takes it seriously....if a woman dresses seductivly to the office , its meant to be labelled sexual harassment towards men, but instead they will turn it around and call the man a pervert or sexual predator for calling out her outfit .. Jeff Zucker , CNN CEO resigned cos he had a relationship with a woman thats one of the EDs ...but the woman remained in office ....men should rise and put women in their place now

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities Participating In HiFL Trolls One Another On Twitter / La Liga Wants El Clasico Venue To Be Moved From Camp Nou To Bernabeu / Babayaro Declared Bankrupt •chased By Creditors In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.