Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud (24679 Views)

Alleged Multi-Million-Pound Bribe: I Need Prayers – Diezani Cries Out / Former Aviation Minister Sirika Lands In DSS Custody Over Nigeria Air Launch / Fayemi Lands In EFCC Custody Over N4bn ‘fraud’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by ijustdey: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nine senior officials of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) are currently in detention over alleged multi-billion naira fraud.

The officials, who are being detained by the anti-graft agency (EFCC) in Abuja, include the Director of Finance and Accounts (DFA) of the FIRS, Mohammed Auta.

Apart from Mr Auta, another director of the agency, Peter Hena, is also alleged to be involved in the scandal.

Mr Hena, the Coordinating Director, Support Services Group of the FIRS, is currently out of Nigeria and will be arrested as soon as he returns to the country, EFCC sources told this newspaper.

A top official of the FIRS, however, said Mr Hena is on official medical leave outside the country and did not flee.

Mr Hena is believed to be one of the closest officials to the FIRS chairman, Babatunde Fowler.

It is still unclear to EFCC officials, whether or not Mr Fowler is involved in the scandal. PREMIUM TIMES has no evidence of the involvement of the FIRS chief.

Details of the scandal are still sketchy as at the time of this report. However, Messrs Auta and Hena are being investigated for allegedly diverting about N6 billion tax funds that should have gone to the Nigerian government, anti-corruption officials said.

Our reporter learnt that most of the other affected officials are from the finance and account department of the FIRS.

All the officials have been in the EFCC detention since April 1.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt the EFCC is closing in on several other senior officials of the revenue collection service in a widening investigation to uncover other fraudulent activities involving several billions of government tax revenues.

When contacted on the detention, the EFCC spokesperson, Orilade Tony, confirmed that the officials were detained at the EFCC office in Wuse 2, Abuja. He asked to be given more time to get more details on the detention.

The FIRS is saddled with collecting taxes and revenues of the federal government.

The agency under Mr Fowler has seen its revenue generation improve, setting new records. The agency said it collected about N5.32 trillion as revenue in 2018, the highest in Nigeria’s history.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/325458-exclusive-nine-top-firs-officials-in-efcc-custody-over-alleged-multi-billion-naira-fraud.html

1 Like

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by SarkinYarki: 12:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hahahaha Buhari already unbundling Tinubu boys as I predicted grin grin Next level will not be easy for Tinubu and co sha but it will be for is Children of God ...Osinbanjo NEMA fraud next

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Hahahaha Buhari already unbundling Tinubu boys as I predicted grin grin Next level will not be easy for Tinubu and co sha but it will be for is Children of God ...Osinbanjo NEMA fraud next

Well, I doubt anyone of the affected has anything to do with Tinubu

Most of the affected staff are probably career civil servants who were promoted to their jobs from the ranks.They were probably there before Tinubu got into office/power

Fowler is prolly the only government appointee.

And no, I ain't pro Tinubu or Buhari..and PDP and APC to me are just two sides of a very messy coin....just know something of how the civil service works.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by SarkinYarki: 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
tactius:

Well, I doubt anyone of the affected has anything to do with Tinubu

Most of the affected staff are probably career civil servants who were promoted to their jobs from the ranks.They were probably there before Tinubu got into office/power

Fowler is prolly the only government appointee.

And no, I ain't pro Tinubu or Buhari..and PDP and APC to me are just two sides of a very messy coin....just know something of how the civil service works.

Believe me this sting is targetted at Fowler..there is no way Mr Hena will be involved if Fowler is not

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by dokyOloye: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
They should thank God a Mohammed is involved.
It will be settled the NHIS way grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by daddytime(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
The kinda fraud going on in that agency is mind boggling...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Kundagarten: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Buhari should be next.
Bubu robbing us blind while pretending to be fighting corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by BruncleZuma: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Them don kukuma announce give Mr Hena make e bail out...useless enforcement agency

1 Like

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by anibi9674: 3:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by hentsar: 3:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
mk them catch all of them oo

2 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Waakanda: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Politicians and top civil servants are always in the news for the wrong reasons cool
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by deji17: 3:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Kudos to EFCC, Buhari and all Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
The mighty FIRS.
Let's see how it will unfold.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by CheapDataGuy: 3:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
No one should be above the law

Meanwhile
Get MTN data at cheap price
1gb 600
1.5gb 900
2gb 1200
2.5gb 1500
3gb 1700
5gb 2600
Call or whatsapp my number on my profile
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Believe me this sting is targetted at Fowler..there is no way Mr Hena will be involved if Fowler is not
“Believe me” because you’re Who?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by mkoabiola: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nothing will come out of ds probe....

It is dem dem usual

Nx

2 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by macmil89: 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
ohkayyyy
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by datola: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
FIRS people are so corrupt, second to customs after police and NEPA (sic).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Kendumazy(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
Corruption everywhere.

USA Used Samsung s6 edge plus for sale. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/5116583/clean-usa-used-samsung-s6
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Pentasoft1978: 3:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
deji17:
Kudos to EFCC, Buhari and all Nigerians

What's the meaning of Kudos....media trial, you only hear of the arrest, but you will never hear the end of the case....fake arrest.. As for that Biharis picture you have just posted, take a look at that picture closely, is that man alive or is a robot.

5 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by deji17: 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
Pentasoft1978:

What's the meaning of Kudos....media trial, you only hear of the arrest, but you will never hear the end of the case....fake arrest.. As for that Biharis picture you have just posted, take a look at that picture closely, is that man alive or is a robot.

Its okay, everything is gonna be alright..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Iceman2017(m): 3:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
The kind of corruption going on in this government will even amaze the devil.

1 Like

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Flexherbal(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
Hmmmmm!

This country get as e bi !
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by shegra58: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
SarkinYarki:

You think like PDP zombie

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
Na today? You haven't even scratched the surface.

3 Likes

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by olu77(m): 3:44pm On Apr 15, 2019
The most corrupt agency ever. Even the senators are envious of them. The top boys do from 3 somes to infinite. Corruption is their watchword.
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by 1zynnvn(m): 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
will efcc officials ever be caught in corrupt practices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by SimplePlan34: 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
Fowler is a very smart man abeit a very stingy one.
Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by positivelord: 3:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
I hope they are not stylishly coming for one Jagaban..

1 Like

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Orpe7(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Fowler the one wey u do for lirs no do u
Haba billion una no dey fear God ni

1 Like

Re: Nine Top FIRS Officials In EFCC Custody Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by SarkinYarki: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2019
KingOfThisnDat:
“Believe me” because you’re Who?
Because I can employ you and any other person in your lineage sit, so for that believe me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FFK I Am Glad Obasanjo & Soyinka Know Fulanisation Of Nigeria Agenda Is Real / Obi's Budget In 2009 For Governor's Office Was Higher That Health And Education / APC Is A Bullying Party, Says Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.