Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP (21258 Views)

Man Arrested With Cache Of Weapons: Ak-47s, Pump Action Gun, English Pistol / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) / Man Dares Police To Wait For Him At The Airport As He Lands From Australia. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by cr7lomo: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Rubber bullets?? That's still a waste...they dint even use that abroad anymore... It's now Tasers

1 Like

Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Pentasoft1978: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Always making progress in the news......we want action, talk and do.

1 Like

Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Bigajeff(m): 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Enu dun n ro efo

Mouth is easy to cook vegetable soup

Let action speak Oga Police, no be grammar #stopmisuseoffirearms
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by AmazingELixir: 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
undecided
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by AmazingELixir: 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
undecided
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by naijajobx: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by quincyshakur(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I fit bet with my Lamborghini say e no fit happen for Nigeria....New technology ko Ancient technology ni undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
asawanathegreat:
This man is a qualified Police officer, quote me I will stand for him
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
Day2logic:
What kindly technology ?
Take assault rifles from them replace with baton and pistols
grin
Day2logic:
What kindly technology ?

my brother fear God, give policemen pistol and baton? so you also want police to be doing mob action with the baton on innocent people after firing them with their pistol?
that one na is even worse, give them taser and I think the use of tear gas is even better than rubber bullets, R.B has killed before in the hands of Nigeria police that one na just real bullet in a fancy form
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Ifeanyi2020: 4:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
That will be good
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by newproject(m): 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
grin
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by vioment: 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
Every time dem talk something dem no dey plan from a to z. That is something for along the line, but if you were looking for a major shift, you should have emphasized forensics. Nigeria needs massive forensics, our olokpa need serious mobile lightning system for when they arrive on site, that is the type of training we should be dealing with; including pay raise and competent staff. Then this.

In developed countries, is not really that crimes don't happen but the ability to track down culprits is what is genius there.
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Starz825(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
QuitNotice:
New wine in old bottles. Issokaay
New wine in old bottles..same result grin
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Rizstar: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Install cameras on the uniform of your men as obtainable in other countries and monitor their activities remotely.
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by bettercreature(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
asawanathegreat:
This man is a qualified Police officer, quote me I will stand for him
He is the worst ever.The last IGP took Sars and police off the street this one returned them
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Optional09: 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nigerians needs to be identified with national identification cards and police need to be thought the the constitution and human rights
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by BruncleZuma: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by ibietela2(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Which century?
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by ChiefSupplier55(m): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Like serouslly do you that can work

Check out my signature contact me if need be
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by olas24u(f): 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Buhdeuce:
The police needs to be reformed first before you start talking about technology.

The major cause of police killings is bribe and that is the orientation that needs to change!
Restructuring is the key ,creating a regional and local police manned by people from that region .
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by abbeyty(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
I will appreciate it if they can go back to kondo era

Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by luvme0702: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
Story for the gods.
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
Instead of getting rid of all the bad eggs in their police, they are now thinking of new technology which means procurement and more money ro embezzle. Who did this to Nigeria?
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Blue3k2: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2019
Body cameras? I wonder what these guys mean and why reporters dont have them elaborate.
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by don4real18(m): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tell us the technology before adoption. Who knows if the tech below is what they plan on adopting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by mvem(m): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Day2logic:
What kindly technology ?
....and our armed robbers will have a field day
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by Karemarealty288(m): 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
tolugar:
Technology keee

They now think Nigeria is PS4 game or nitendo

To stop yahoo boys , press A+B +Enter ....

Someone shld PLEASE give me an example of technology that can replace weapons

With which electricity... Even to recharge phone or their Radio in the police station is war. We went to one station to report a car theft incident ...the desk officer told us that they can not send out signals cos their radio isnt charged unless we bring money for fuel..... grin
Re: Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP by tolugar: 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
Karemarealty288:

With which electricity... Even to recharge phone or their Radio in the police station is war. We went to one station to report a car theft incident ...the desk officer told us that they can not send out signals cos their radio isnt charged unless we bring money for fuel..... grin

It is finished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraudsters Who Defrauded Polaris Bank Get N1m Bail / 15-Year-Old Nigerian Girl Declared Missing In Ghana Has Been Found / Police Arrest Officer Who Beat FUTA Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.