Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? (1386 Views)

Goodluck E. Jonathan Tweet / 9 Year Old Girl: I Wish You Goodluck, Not Goodluck Jonathan (video) / Jonathan Says Its Hardwork Not Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by labiyemmy(m): 9:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lets say the oppositions win and its not GEJ- who else should it be?
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by yeswecan(m): 9:56pm On Sep 14, 2010
Nice question there. There is no creditable candidate now to contest with GJ. Nigeria has always been short of good politicians especially on federal level. Folks are just scared
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by danexd(m): 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2010
Buhari,
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2010
I cannot help but try to drum this into people here . . . a Vote for Jonathan is a still a Vote for

a) Obasanjo

b) IBB

c) Ibori

d) Alams

e) Orji

f) Yar adua

etc.

The same old PDP Party. So, if you want to believe you have a messiah in this man, I suggest you really think this through before it is too late.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by labiyemmy(m): 2:35am On Sep 15, 2010
ok KOBO

Still answer the question. if not GEJ, who

a mesiah is no less a mesaih just because he associates or associated with bad people - what did Jesus Christ said as per this?
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Solomon227(m): 3:32am On Sep 15, 2010
I cannot help but try to drum this into people here . . . a Vote for Jonathan is a still a Vote for

a) Obasanjo

b) IBB

c) Ibori

d) Alams

e) Orji

f) Yar adua

etc.

The same old PDP Party. So, if you want to believe you have a messiah in this man, I suggest you really think this through before it is too late.

OK Kobo is our Messiah. Since u seem to be wiser than everybody and cannot support 'a typical Nigerian'. May be u should find us a typical Ameriacn. useless wannabe
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 3:34am On Sep 15, 2010
Jesus Christ? ROFLMAO!!! May I suggest you don't drag Jesus into this as Jesus DID NOT ASSOCIATE with the idiots as you seem about to make it seem the case. Again, a Vote for Jonathan is a vote for the same old thieves to continue pillaging and manipulating your lives and futures; it is a vote for the very one you are probably trying to get away from(if you believe somehow voting for Jonathan will keep IBB at bay).

By the way, there are other options out there. PDP IS NOT the only party in Nigeria so if you truly want to vote for someone else, there are other names on the ballot that are not associated in anyway with PDP. It is up to individuals who really want to change the status quo to look these candidates up, study them and pick whichever one he would.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 3:35am On Sep 15, 2010
Solomon227:

OK Kobo is our Messiah. Since u seem to be wiser than everybody and cannot support 'a typical Nigerian'. May be u should find us a typical Ameriacn. useless wannabe

How old are you? Because I scolded you on another thread, you feel it is ok now to humiliate yoiurself from thread to thread? Please Grow up!
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by princekevo(m): 6:04am On Sep 15, 2010
Nice question there.  There is no creditable candidate now to contest with GJ. Nigeria has always been short of good politicians especially on federal level. Folks are just scared

I found the above statement funny. The last time i checked GEJ has not declared his ambition to contest, jst like other potential candidate from other party. So how can we quickly conclude that Jonathan is the credible candidate now to contest as Nigerian president? It seems we have finally bought the one party system PDP has been trying to sell to us for year.

You can say there is no credible candidate in PDP to contest with GJ. Do you know why there is no credible candidate? Becoz PDP will never let any credible person be their flagbearer and the credible once will never accept to be identified with failures. We all knows the party is total failure to the country so if you are talking abt credibility or in search of credible people you don't mention PDP.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by OAM4J: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2010
@OP

It is still too early. let's wait for another 1 or 2 months.

As it is, we dont even know all the options available for Nigeria.

This is the reason why am not yet in the debate of the best candidate for 2011
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by CareTaker1(m): 8:25am On Sep 15, 2010
Option/plan b should be

Bukola Saraki, son of Olusola Saraki

born rulers ruling born bread sellers angry angry angry
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by labiyemmy(m): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2010
I am amazed at how people cant answer simple questions.

@Kobo

I am not bringing Jesus Christ into it - I am only using the analogy as to what he said about relating with people who we perceive as "evil".
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by adefemi1(m): 11:00am On Sep 15, 2010
osama for president abdul mutallab for vp
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Beaf: 11:06am On Sep 15, 2010
[size=49pt]Uncle Joe for 2011!!![/size]
[size=14pt]All super-recycled deadwoods, congenital thieves, murderers, demons and evil geniuses. . . Go and drink otapiapia![/size]

IBB people = Foolish people
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by IkeM3: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2010
Have you noticed that no credible opponent will come up, why? because it makes no sense to contest with someone you know is doing a good job.
Babangida contesting is an insult on Nigeria, Buhari has no reason to ask for anyone's vote, when they all had power ( absolute power for that matter) what did they do?
The issue should be after GEJ who should contest.
  Look at his record for the four months he has been in power, and think for one minute what it will be like if he rules for 4 years
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by redsun(m): 11:36am On Sep 15, 2010
The only time nigerians got the hint of what common sense stands for was during the short reign of Idiagbon and Buhari.They almost brought nigeria back to consciousness but for evil men like babangida,abiola and their foreign counterpacts who did not see any thing good in a disciplined and responsible nigeria.

Buhari is way more discipline than jonathan but the only problem is that if he can see beyond r4eligious and regional sentiments and work with humane,responsible and discipline nigerians who are ready to deliver selflessly not to plunder,loot,betray and destroy like the PDP SYNDICATE of which jonathan belongs
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:44am On Sep 15, 2010
HONESTLY SPEAKING : B U H A R I

BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE ONLY POLITICAL PARTY THAT CAN TRULY WIN THE PRESIDENCY FOR INOW N NIGERIA IS THE P. D. P.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by jerseyguy(m): 11:56am On Sep 15, 2010
How about our former Min. of Finance? Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala !!!! I know she loves the limelight, and can become compromised with time - but she will definitely put Nigeria in the positive growth. She is beautiful, smart, and she has the charisma to make us relevant in the international and investment communities. As of today, she will be my "dream" candidate.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by redsun(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2010
The problem of nigeria does not exactly lie with the few corrupt leaders but more with the masses.If the people can change and see the light,they will clamour for the right leaders that they will hold accountable for their actions.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Golfer: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
I think GEJ should endorse Ribadu and then contest in 2015.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by akyus(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
Rather than looking for ways to change and solve our problems, we are becoming more conservative and more defensive of the status quo. Are the policies and problem analysis not becoming too boring? Do you think we can make any meaningful progress with corruption in our system? Who in your opinion are the most corrupt individuals in Nigeria? Why is the EFCC not going after them? Do you think the person your choose would be bold enough to bring this people to book? Why is it that people who have noticed corruption as our major problem are met with massive denial. More simple questions,
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
OAM4J:

@OP

It is still too early. let's wait for another 1 or 2 months.

As it is, we dont even know all the options available for Nigeria.

This is the reason why am not yet in the debate of the best candidate for 2011

You do not have 1 or 2 months. According to INEC Timetable, each Party should present it's candidate by September 30th, only a couple of days from today. I Strongly advice people to take it on themselves to seek out the potentials and start now learning all you can of them so you can better make your decisions.

Again, it is NO ONE ELSES PLACE to tell you or anyone else who is BEST FOR YOUR VOTE. It is YOUR JOB AS A CITIZEN to decide what candidate is BEST FOR YOUR VOTE! Who else should it be? is a personal question , not one someone else is to answer for any voter.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Beaf: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You do not have 1 or 2 months. According to INEC Timetable, each Party should present it's candidate by September 30th, only a couple of days from today. I Strongly advice people to take it on themselves to seek out the potentials and start now learning all you can of them so you can better make your decisions.

Again, it is NO ONE ELSES PLACE to tell you or anyone else who is BEST FOR YOUR VOTE. It is YOUR JOB AS A CITIZEN to decide what candidate is BEST FOR YOUR VOTE! Who else should it be? is a personal question , not one someone else is to answer for any voter.

Claiming it is a personal a personal question is a disingenious way of dodging the simplest of questions which this topic is asking.
There are many ways to admit defeat, but this has to be the most shocking.

If it is your belief that the right person to vote for is somehow a personal, Boko Haramic, religious type fcking question, how come you run around opening your empty mouth on every politics topic? Should your loud empty talk not be personal going by your (not surprising) deafeningly empty conclusion above?

IBB people = Foolish people.

[size=33pt]Goodluck Nigeria![/size]
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2010
ROFLMAO!!!

Like I said @OP, I am not here to CAMPAIGN FOR ANY CANDIDATE as some folks are apparently here for, and so this question remains a personal one for each and every voter out there who has such a question. Do remember that your VOTE may actually count this time around, and it remains your best weapon when it comes to turning things around for the country.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by redsun(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2010
Does personal votes really matter in nigeria?Nigerian elections(selections) are based on outright rigging,communal and regional buying of the people's votes by the corrupt politicians.

Nigerian masses are yet to grasp the meaning of democracy and how liberating it can relatively be if it is done right.

A democratic situation is a situation where an unknown school teacher can become a governor or a senator for his uprightness,witness,sense of discipline and responsibility not because of his dubiousness and gross irresponsibility like we have in nigerian today.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by labiyemmy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2010
^^^^

Dont expect this election to be business as usual - Nigerians are no more fools and dullards - thinking so is an affront to the generality of Nigerians.
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by OAM4J: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Better still, I only have few more days to wait, till then fingers crossed, while I analyse all the available options/candidates.

So far I only know 2 men I will not support: IBB and Saraki
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by Kobojunkie: 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2010
OAM4J:

Better still, I only have few more days to wait, till then fingers crossed, while I analyse all the available options/candidates.

So far I only know 2 men I will not support: IBB and Saraki

FYI : If in the end you choose to support the PDP Party, you would still be supporting IBB and Saraki . . . the two men you mentioned have sort of attained God-father status in that party. So any choice to support anyone running on that party's ticket is a choice to continue supporting those two men.  grin
Re: Ok- If It Is Not Goodluck E. Jonathan - Who Should It Be? by seanet02: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2010
if its not goodluck, then it must be jonathan

(1) (Reply)

Selfish Individuals Imposed Obasanjo In 1999 / 2011: Northern Governors plot against Atiku... / When Will Yoruba Ministers In GEJ's Cabinet Resign And Move To ACN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.