Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,987 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1583152 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2012
Maasai Mara

Mara Serena Lodge

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:20pm On Jul 27, 2012
Rural farmland & forest on flight to Marsabit

Tea Plantation in Kericho

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2012
Western Province

Kakamega Forest

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
Nabongo Cultural Centre - Mumias, Western Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:15am On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:25am On Jul 29, 2012
Nyanza Province

Kit Mikayi rock formations, west of Kisumu

They mean “Stones of the first wife” or “First Wife Rocks” in Dholuo (Luo language)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:29am On Jul 29, 2012
Ber Gi Dala

Remake of a Traditional Luo Homestead @ Kisumu Museum

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Kisumu City - Nyanza Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lake Victoria

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by beenaa: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
`I am surprised because most of the pictures i have seen were posted in 2007. This is 2012. A lot of development has taken place in kenya since. I think someone should post the newly completed Thika Highway( the biggest highway in east and central africa). In fact, it must be the second biggest in africa. I will also post pictures of other infrastructural projects at the Jomo kenyatta airport. Kenya has the biggest geothermal power projects in africa. What is to become the biggest infrastructural project has just started in the country( the lamu project) which will connect the country with high speed railway lines. Other ICT projects have just started like the konza city. I think someone needs to upload updated photos and guys will be surprised. Africa can achieve much. Plus, kenyans are really patriotic with a national language( swahili)which all kenyans speak and understand.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by nairobianm: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
sad beenaa u should take ur tym to observe all the pics,n u will realize thy r up 2date.we gat thika road pics,kisumu intrnationl airport,jkia etc.
As 4 proposed project such us lapsset,alkaria 3 pliz lets upload them in stages as they r takn off.ths sight ain't 4 proposal bt majorly 4 beauty of our beloved country.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by hustleafam: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2012
damn just see a country with out anything nigeria has yet look at them, they have corruption yet they moving. Nigeria need a revolution asap better yet split apart cause this is ridiculous. Abuja cant compete with this.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
all african countries are corrupt in one wya or another.
Kenyans are a very optimistic and hardworking lot.That's why.

Check out this video gallivant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=worZ21sXR3w&feature=share

lovely for the olympics
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
I have been to Kitmkiya!! Right in at the centre of that rock.
Geographical trip in high school.wow.nice to see it again.
you forgot,flavio B.the formula 1 guy with properties in Malindi.
Naomi Campbell too.
I think Mr. Bean and the the Virgin Boss too have something.They both touring Malindi
Do u rem how Mr. Bean took control of a plane when it ran into difficulties,yet nobody knew he was in the country?
We only came to know after that incident.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
pendo89: all african countries are corrupt in one wya or another.
Kenyans are a very optimistic and hardworking lot.That's why.

Check out this video gallivant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=worZ21sXR3w&feature=share

lovely for the olympics

Nice video and good luck Kenya...btw,how do you pot videos?
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
pendo89: I have been to Kitmkiya!! Right in at the centre of that rock.
Geographical trip in high school.wow.nice to see it again.
you forgot,flavio B.the formula 1 guy with properties in Malindi.
Naomi Campbell too.
I think Mr. Bean and the the Virgin Boss too have something.They both touring Malindi
Do u rem how Mr. Bean took control of a plane when it ran into difficulties,yet nobody knew he was in the country?
We only came to know after that incident.

Cant post them all!I believe Flavio Biatorre(not sure of the spelling)is planning on building Africa's first billion dollar resort in Malindi.Such a project will change Malindi forever.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
beenaa: `I am surprised because most of the pictures i have seen were posted in 2007. This is 2012. A lot of development has taken place in kenya since. I think someone should post the newly completed Thika Highway( the biggest highway in east and central africa). In fact, it must be the second biggest in africa. I will also post pictures of other infrastructural projects at the Jomo kenyatta airport. Kenya has the biggest geothermal power projects in africa. What is to become the biggest infrastructural project has just started in the country( the lamu project) which will connect the country with high speed railway lines. Other ICT projects have just started like the konza city. I think someone needs to upload updated photos and guys will be surprised. Africa can achieve much. Plus, kenyans are really patriotic with a national language( swahili)which all kenyans speak and understand.

These pics are not from 2007,but you can help uploading the pics.Its impossible for me alone to post all up to date pics and all the projects.Welcome to the forum beenaa.smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Eastern Province

Machakos County

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
Kilungu - Makueni County,Eastern Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mwingi County

A section of the Thika-Garissa road, between Matuu and Mwingi. A dream to drive on.

They are now re-designing the road, and for those who are familiar with this 300kms + plus, the bad section we consistently complained of is now under rehabilitation (over 200kms of re-carpeting work ongoing now between Mwingi and Garissa).Huku ni kwa akina Kalonzo Musyoka.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
Laragai House on Borana Ranch - Eastern Province

View of Mount Kenya from Borana Ranch

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2012

Beautiful sunset

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 6:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
You know this is why Africans need to travel and visit other African Nations not just UK.
When I hear someone say that he never knew Nbo had skycrapers I shudder. shocked

Each city in the world attracts it's own slum and true Nbo has a big slum called Kibera. Now there is a slum upgrade project in process targeting Kibera.
That is what the foreign media keeps showing the world.Infact many tourists get shocked by the developments on the ground cz what they see on TV is not the reality when they land.

The West of Africa knows lil about East.I know a number don't realise that Kenya is an oil producing country,that we buy and refine crude oil (we have our own refineries),There's so much that the media will never show apart from wildlife.Funny thing,teh ordinary kenyan on the street doesnt give a damn about the wild. grin.
There are so many natural resources which boost the economy.And large deposits of coal have just been discovered. Very soon we shall be swimming in oil cz exploration is still underway and the news is very encouraging.
I also used to be ignorant about Nigeria till I joined Nairaland. All I thought was how overpopulated,corrupt,it was,the bombings,scams,I mean, it's all that the media shows including our very own African Journal.Wars,Poverty and Hunger!!

Many African countries are way up there in terms of development.You will only discover if u get out of ur cocoon and travel.

But instead of learning from each other we become jealous and start tearing one another down forgeting that the fellow in Europe can't even tell the difference between Uganda and Burundi or Cameroon and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2012
I second that Pendo.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2012
Rift Valley Province

Kericho

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kapsabet - Rift Valley Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
African Gold Medalists

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mount Longonot - Rift Valley

Countryside and Mount Longonot in the background

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
YOU MADE US PROUD RUDISHA.KUDOS AND GOD BLESS YOU.

kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.