Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City (1579237 Views)

East African Federation (EAC) / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
Chyulu Hills National Park - Eastern Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2011
[B]Ol Donyo Lodge - Chyulu Hills National Park[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
Pangoni Beach Resort - Shanzu,Coast Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2011
Kenya tourist arrivals hit record high

BDA

Kenya’s tourism sector is on the road to solid recovery with an impressive record high arrivals in the first half of 2011.

Statistics released by Kenya’s ministry of Tourism indicate that 549,083 tourists visited Kenya in the first six months of 2011, surpassing the previous high hit in 2010 by 13.6 percent. (See Tourism earnings pick up as global recession eases)

Visitors from Britain led the way accounting for 14.3 percent of arrivals, followed by the United States on 9.3 percent and then Italy, Germany and India.

The tourism industry is projecting to earn Sh81 billion this year on the back of an expected increase in tourist arrivals helped by the ongoingrecovery of key source markets, players said.

The impressive results also come days after former Safaricom CEO Michael Joseph resigned as Kenya Tourist Board chairman only eight months into the job citing a World Bank engagement.

Last year, the tourism sector fetched the country earnings of Sh73.7 billion but fell far below the Sh100 billion target which players said was exaggerated.

While releasing last year results, Tourism minister Najib Balala said the industry had adjusted its targets to reflect some of the challenges in the international market.

(See Tourist arrivals grow by 16 p.c in first quarter )

“Tourist projections also depend on other factors including security. The sector also suffered from the unprecedented European ash cloud that denied the country new arrivals,” said KTB managing director, Mr Muriithi Ndegwa in a previous Interview with Business Daily
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by Kellytoto(f): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2011
Kenya is truly amaizing najivunia kuwa mkenya good job gallivant wink
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2011
Kellytoto:

Kenya is truly amaizing najivunia kuwa mkenya good job gallivant wink

Asante na karibu Nairaland. cheesy
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:31pm On Sep 21, 2011
Othaya, Nyeri county - Central Province.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
Thika dam, Kiambu County - Central Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2011
Coming soon.Aberdares Hills Golf Resort in Naivasha,Rift Valley Province

Aberdares Hills Golf Resort is designed as a self-contained residential community with all recreation and leisure facilities and amenities that will offer a unique and luxurious lifestyle. It is focused around a championship golf course and a commercial centre.

The project covers 1,650 acres at the foothills of the Aberdares and has received a green light to proceed by NEMA. The Master Developers, Panda Development Company Limited (PDCL) is gearing up to commence work on the first phase comprising of 216 Ultra-Luxe Villas having 3 to 5 bedrooms, a 18 hole golf course to International and USGA championship specifications, Golf and Country Club House and infrastructure to support the first phase. Construction will commence in 2012 and the first phase will be completed in 2014

The concept master plan PDF (North only)
[url=http://estatefair.nation.co.ke/downloads/Concept_master_plan-A1%202011-04-13_.pdf"]http://estatefair.nation.co.ke/downloads/Concept_master_plan-A1%202011-04-13_.pdf[/url]

The concept master plan image |North and south (this thing is going to be huge!!!)

North

South
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2011
[B]Chui Lodge - Lake Naivasha National Park,Rift Valley.[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 12:00am On Sep 25, 2011
Ol-Kalou to Njabini Highway - Central Province.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by upendo98(f): 7:46am On Sep 25, 2011
Omg Othaya.Road to home!

The aberdare golfcourse at Naivasha? lol now the road to naivasha will be full of nairobians driving down their not to fish.I love naivasha.

I swear I love the way Kibaki has transformed this country. The kind of infrastructure developments taking place amaze me.And hes done all these in his 2 terms only.Would you believe it? Look at the airport.Have you been there and seen what those chinese are doing? The bypasses,the bridges etc.
And the speed is shocking.They work 24hrs,sleep at the site and you can't differentiate them from the locals!.By the way I heard that a new international airport is being constructed around Thika.Plus a regional one like wilson airport is being constructed around Rwai area.
I am sure about the wilson one but yet to confirm the international one.That would be something!
I love photography and these photos I love.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2011
upendo 98:

Omg Othaya.Road to home!

The aberdare golfcourse at Naivasha? lol now the road to naivasha will be full of nairobians driving down their not to fish.I love naivasha.

[b]I swear I love the way Kibaki has transformed this country. The kind of infrastructure developments taking place amaze me.And hes done all these in his 2 terms only.[/b]Would you believe it? Look at the airport.Have you been there and seen what those chinese are doing? The bypasses,the bridges etc.
And the speed is shocking.They work 24hrs,sleep at the site and you can't differentiate them from the locals!.By the way I heard that a new international airport is being constructed around Thika.Plus a regional one like wilson airport is being constructed around Rwai area.
I am sure about the wilson one but yet to confirm the international one.That would be something!
I love photography and these photos I love.

Glad you like them.I totally agree on Kibaki transforming the economy however his legacy will be tainted by post electon volence and his failure to clamp down on his corrupt friends.On the economic flipside,thanks to Kibaki Kenya is now considered an emerging economy, just not one of the major emerging economies thats because

1. Kenya's population is tiny. Around 35-40 million by now I assume. Which isn't bad but still it's dwarfed by the likes of Nigeria, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, and only near half of Vietnam's population. In another ten years Kenya should be in the top 25 in population and by 2030 in the top 20.

2. Kenya's gdp is tiny thanks to no  mineral resources.

For us to archieve mddle income status by 2030,our gdp needs to grow at a faster rate! Considering population growth of 2.9% .The population would be 70.5 million by 2030. If gdp stayed growing around 5.6% it'd only go up to $183 billion essentially leaving per capita income unchanged from now! Kenya's gdp should at least be at $500 billion by 2030 in order to have a per capita of at least $7,000 by then.

In an awesome scenario, with 12% growth after next year's elections all the way till 2030 gdp would be $557 billion by 2030. If that becomes reality then maybe Kenya can go from just being another emerging economy to a major emerging economy. Another way would be for the EAC to further integrate. By 2030 EAF could have over 200 million people and over $1.2 trillion gdp if Kenya & TZ both have $500 billion economies and Uganda around $250. But like I said that would require 11%-12% growth yearly. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by upendo98(f): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2011
There are global competitivenes pillar indicators which provide insight into a country's development record and potential as a whole.
All those combined will help you understand each country's capacity in terms of revenue and resources,how much is being utilised and to what degree. eg institutions,market size,labour market,infrastructure,technology ,education,biz sophistication,innovations etc .

eg from my last figures.
The Nigerian domestic market is 4.5 on a scale of 1-7 while its foreign is 5.1
Kenya's domestic market is 3.4 on a scale of 1-7 while foreign is 3.9
There's a lot involved if we go pillar by pillar and remember the country's population influences biz in a great way.
Africa is full of resources.But we are busy fighting each other instead of capitalising on the resources we have.
Nway nice pics.keep them coming.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2011
upendo 98:

There are global competitivenes pillar indicators which provide insight into a country's development record and potential as a whole.
All those combined will help you understand each country's capacity in terms of revenue and resources,how much is being utilised and to what degree. eg institutions,market size,labour market,infrastructure,technology ,education,biz sophistication,innovations etc .

eg from my last figures.
The Nigerian domestic market is 4.5 on a scale of 1-7 while its foreign is 5.1
Kenya's domestic market is 3.4 on a scale of 1-7 while foreign is 3.9
There's a lot involved if we go pillar by pillar and remember the country's population influences biz in a great way.
Africa is full of resources.But we are busy fighting each other instead of capitalising on the resources we have.
Nway nice pics.keep them coming.

Great insight. smiley
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
[B]Lake Nakuru Lodge - Rift Valley[/B]

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2011
Lake Nakuru

Courtesy of Rita Willaert

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2011
Garissa? am impressed to even see the pool cz I know how dry the place is.But with the several NGOS its possible.
wow the white rhinos.beautiful
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:19am On Sep 30, 2011
pendo89:

Garissa? am impressed to even see the pool cz I know how dry the place is.But with the several NGOS its possible.
wow the white rhinos.beautiful

Thanks.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:20am On Sep 30, 2011
Lamu - Coast Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 1:24am On Sep 30, 2011
Shimba Hills - Eastern Province

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2011
Amboseli National Park - South Rift

Courtesy of Ken Zaremba

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:10pm On Oct 01, 2011
edit.
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nairobi - Namanga

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
Nairobi.Interesting contrast with 1964

1964 Kenya Nairobi various-34 by ๑۩۞۩๑COR DRAIJER๑۩۞۩๑, on Flickr

Nairobi From The Hotel by kurtlae, on Flickr
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by pendo89(f): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2011
lemmie guess.You took this photo from Panafric Hotel.Near NSSF building cz serena is on the opposite side.
Beautiful
The bright pic above shocked.Is that how that street looked like in 1964? lol I cant even see the brown nyayo house,lonrho house and Nation house.
Omg its pre-colonial. 1964?? moi was still a young guy.
look at the volkswagens! grin grin
Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2011
pendo89:

lemmie guess.You took this photo from Panafric Hotel.Near NSSF building cz serena is on the opposite side.
Beautiful
The bright pic above shocked.Is that how that street looked like in 1964? lol I cant even see the brown nyayo house,lonrho house and Nation house.
Omg its pre-colonial. 1964?? moi was still a young guy.
look at the volkswagens! grin grin

Thanks but the picture is not mine,I posted the credits below it.Yes,most skyscrapers in central Nairobi are precolonial,a time when Kenya boomed.

Norfolk 1958

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
Nairobi 1958.

Nairobi is relatively young, having been established in 1899.

An aerial of the Central Business District. Nairobi was so small then, that you can clearly see the city's edge at the top of the picture:

The Central Business District then. Very different from what it is today:

A grand building that's still there:

Nairobi Capitol Theatre (ahead) and the National Archives (left), both still there:

Nairobi Town Centre, without so many cars!

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
Mombasa in the 50's- early 60's.

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Kilima Safari Camp - Amboseli National Park

Re: Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City by gallivant: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2011
Mount Nyiru - Turkana County, Northern Kenya

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (204) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.