Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 PM

800-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral Destroyed By Fire In Paris - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 800-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral Destroyed By Fire In Paris (659 Views)

KWAM 1 Slept With My Lover In Paris”: Drummer Ayanlowo Drags Fuji Star / Dame Diana Rigg Dies At 82 / Davido Buys Shoes And Bags For Chioma In Paris, Says 'My Money Is Your Money' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

800-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral Destroyed By Fire In Paris by maynosky: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2019

The historic Notre Dame Cathedral which stood for 800 years was destroyed by a raging fire that tore through the wooden interior of the building on Monday. Firefighters and first responders scrambled to save the priceless art and other treasures inside the burning Cathedral.

The fire began near the Cathedral's iconic spire which was under renovation. The flames quickly spread across the roof to the church's landmark rectangular towers.

Dramatic news footage showed the moment when the soaring spire collapsed inside the Catholic church. French citizens watched in horror as the historic buildings went up in flames.

"Everything is burning, nothing will remain from the frame," said Cathedral spokesperson Andre Finot.

Finot said the entire wooden interior of the Notre Dame is engulfed in flames.

U.S. President Trump tweeted about the fire on Monday afternoon.

"So horrible to watch the massive fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Perhaps flying water tankers could be used to put it out. Must act quickly!"

See videos: https://okhithq.com/global-news/800-year-old-notre-dame-cathedral-destroyed-by-fire-in-paris/
Re: 800-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral Destroyed By Fire In Paris by DonMarkuzi(m): 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
Abeg make nothing happens to the crown of thorns at Notre Dame o.
Re: 800-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral Destroyed By Fire In Paris by Houseofglam7(f): 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
I'd get into trouble if I say what's on my mind lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

I’m Worried If My Future Husband Will Afford Me — Bobrisky / Nolly Wood Actress Cossy, Expresses Dismay Over Strip Club Raid In Abuja / MTN Project Fame West Africa, Season 3 Winner, Chidima Becomes Molped Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.