Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others (8102 Views)

Libyan Driver Arrested By Police For Smuggling Of Six Nigerian Women / Nigerian Man, 2 Others Attempt To Smuggle 993.42 Gram Of Drugs Into Australia / 2 Sisters Arrested For Attempting To Smuggle Drugs Into Kuje Prison (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by IamHeWrites: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2019
The Federal Government says it is working out modalities to addressing security challenges facing the country, especially as it relates to the rate of smuggling of drugs across the nation's borders.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama made the revelation while speaking with newsmen on Monday in Abuja.

The Minister expressed the current administration’s determination to holistically address the issues by working with neighbouring countries.

Onyeama said that the current efforts aimed at tackling smuggling in the borders of the affected countries would yield results.

“I think the political will is really there now to finally and definitively address this issue,” Onyeama stated.

According to him, President Muhammadu Buhari has set up a committee comprising the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Agriculture, Justice, Finance and Interior; as well as the Nigeria Immigration Service and the Nigeria Customs Service over the issue.

“He has also asked the governments of Niger and Benin to set up similar committees in the two countries and to also meet.

“So, we are planning to have a meeting of those committees in the very near future.

“This is a preparatory meeting between us to revisit all the issues, come up with a common position and present that to Mr President so that we can have a basis for engaging with those other countries,’’ Onyeama said.

IGBERE TV recalls that a Nigerian woman, Kudirat Afolabi was last week, executed by the Saudi government for drug trafficking related offences.

About 27 other Nigerians are said to the on the country's death roll for same reasons.

SOURCE: http://igberetvnews.com/613525/execution-of-nigerians-fg-set-to-tackle-smuggling-of-drugs-into-saudi-others/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Guestlander: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2019
Travelers to certain countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and some other Asian countries should receive extra screenings before they are allowed to board.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by GOFRONT(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2019
Even @ 59 yrs, Nigerian govt have continued to fail her citizens....

1 Like

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by AmadiAba: 8:53am On Apr 16, 2019
Good
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by RichBoy247: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2019
Guestlander:
Travelers to certain countries like Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and some other Asian countries should receive extra screenings before they are allowed to board.

NO way. It should be travelling without screening. Anyone that wants to go and die should be free to do so. Useless people spoiling Nigeria's already spoilt name. Travelling to countries that prescribe death penalty for drug pushing should be by express without any screening whatsoever, at least Nigeria's over blotting population will be slightly controlled. Either Hausa / Fulani / Yoruba / Igbo / Ijaw / Edo / Kanuri e.t.c. let all useless idiots start doing Drug Smuggling Competition to Saudi, Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and other countries that has death penalty for drug smuggling. Let us see which Ethnic group or Tribe can die better and faster.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by BOOZELEE: 9:02am On Apr 16, 2019
Nice one my amiable president,his excellency Muhammadu jubril Buhari

Pls I am suggesting we mount a scanning machine in all our airports.If it detects Ewedu and AMALA in any ones system then the person should be stopped and searched thoroughly before going.

9 Likes

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Arda1000(m): 9:08am On Apr 16, 2019
BOOZELEE:
Nice one from my amiable president his excellency Muhammadu jubril Buhari

Pls I am suggesting we mount a scanning machine in all our airports.If it detects Ewedu and AMALA in any ones system then the person should be searched thoroughly.
NOTED

3 Likes

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by KAHBOOM: 9:18am On Apr 16, 2019
ALAHANDEMULHI!May God be praised

Let's call a spade a spade Biko angry

The murufs, shukurats,kafayats and the olaitos are the ones disgracing us in Saudi.They declared a drug attack war on the saudis.They did so out off jealousy.I heard they did it becos dia obas are not allowed to sight the moon.

If the sultan gives dia obas permission to sight the moon..Maybe they might relent from dia terror drug attack on Saudi kingdom.

3 Likes

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Guestlander: 9:30am On Apr 16, 2019
BOOZELEE:

Pls I am suggesting we mount a scanning machine in all our airports.If it detects Ewedu and AMALA in any ones system then the person should be stopped and searched thoroughly before going.

You will think you are being funny until you have your head cut off in Jakarta.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:15am On Apr 16, 2019
It is high time.....

No pity for Drug pushers....

If you do the CRIME, get ready to do the TIME or face the consequences!

Chikena!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Rip
Late Adeniyi Adebayo Zikri

Late Tunde Ibrahim

Late Jimoh Idhola Lawal

Late Lolo Babatunde

Late Sulaiman Tunde

Late Idris Adewuumi Adepoju

Late Abdul Raimi Awela Ajibola

Late Yusuf Makeen Ajiboye

Late Adam Idris Abubakar

Late Saka Zakaria

Late Biola Lawal

Late Isa Abubakar Adam

Late Ibrahim Chiroma

Late Hafis Amosu

Late Aliu Muhammad

Late Funmilayo Omoyemi Bishi,

Late Mistura Yekini

Late Amina Ajoke Alobi

Late Kuburat Ibrahim

Late Alaja Olufunke Alalade Abdulqadir

Late Fawsat Balogun Alabi

Late Aisha Muhammad Amira

and late Adebayo Zakariya
Mr Tribalist........

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Popmaster2019(f): 11:17am On Apr 16, 2019
The question is, who are they selling the drugs to in Saudi Arabia?

Is it not those rich princes? Or who?
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by goaldynboy: 11:17am On Apr 16, 2019
Where is tribalistic Abike Dabiri?! She should come and list their names first; before Federal Govt will tell us the steps they are taking!! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by gaskiyamagana: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2019
BOOZELEE:

Early morning tramadol yet to finish with you
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Blue3k2: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2019
More scanners at the airport is the answer.
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2019
post=77585936:

Mr Tribalist........
How?

1 Like

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:22am On Apr 16, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Wish for others what you wish for yourself.
Ameen
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by mayorzor25: 11:23am On Apr 16, 2019
I pray it's brought to the minimal level
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:24am On Apr 16, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
How?
Are they dead already or you are wishing them your RIP in advance?!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Emycord: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2019
now it has to do with thier own brothers they want to act ?

1 Like

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by YoungAncient1: 11:25am On Apr 16, 2019
What should have been done long ago. It is high time the immigration service start denying travel permission to anyone that can't convincingly explain his/her business in South Africa, Middle East and SouthEast Asia among other places.
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by greggng: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
I need to apply for the job of head chopper. Someone should help. Since Nigerians no gree stop there head cut taya
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by oldtime(m): 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
"Federal Government set to" "Federal Government set to" I have been reading these phrase for many years and they do nothing after their announcing anything.
Nigerian government is a failure, Cant be trusted, always futuristic with no tangible or reliable action
That is why countries Like Rwanda, Tanzania, Botswana, and even our Neighbor Ghana warn their Politicians not to be as static and unproductive like Nigerian Leaders who are thieves and irresponsible old guards
If you know what i am talking about Say Hi with likes

1 Like

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Amuocha: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
The Saudi Immigrants list?
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by BizLifeE: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2019
How can they curb this?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by frozen70(f): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2019
They should be left to keep taking or smuggling drugs to countries that will daughter them like cows

Their lives and their business

Their deaths will reduce the rate of unemployment and reduce our population

How could people be so stubborn to risk their lives with such risky deals

Business with death penalties

1 Like

Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
post=77586178:

Are they dead already or you are wishing them your RIP in advance?!
They are good as dead.

Anyone caught smuggling drugs should be killed. I said it.
Re: Execution Of Nigerians: FG Set To Tackle Smuggling Of Drugs Into Saudi, Others by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
Guestlander:

They don't need screening.

Anyone, I repeat ANYONE who travels to those countries and does not know that the supreme penalty is in place for crimes like trafficking is either mentally retarded, willfully ignorant, or dumb.

Even on Malaysian and Indonesian visas it si written in RED....ANYONE WHO IS CAUGHT TRAFFICKING DRUGS FACES THE DEATH PENALTY.

I once met one guy who got a job with PETRONAS, Malaysia's biggest oil company. The guy had to undergo a drug test...among other tests before he could take up the job.

Make them go. Any Nigerian that wants to follow Darwin's law...government should let them go. At least the number of criminals would fall for our country self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Police Apprehend Suspects Counterfeiting Engine Oil / Picture Of A Guy Shot Dead At Ebute Metta Clash By Our Men In Black / Oil Theft: Navy Hands Over Eight Suspects, Boat To EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.