Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly (3175 Views)

Wohala After Washing My Radiator And Condenser. / Toyota Pontiac Radiator Reservoir Filling Up After Radiator Change. / Help!!! My Radiator Fans Are Not Working & Engine Overheating -toyota Camry 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 9:06am On Apr 16, 2019
My car's(Honda) radiator reservoir gets empty fast. I top it constantly. What probably is the problem and what is the way out? Your responses will be of great value.
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:29am On Apr 16, 2019
Omotakins:
My car's(Honda) radiator reservoir gets empty fast. I top it constantly. What probably is the problem and what is the way out? Your responses will be of great value.

You have a leak somewhere, I'd say. Probably should change your radiator or something.
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
I hope the leak is traceable if that really is the problem
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by drmikeadams(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2019
grin grin rradiator
Cylinder head

Gasket
Radiator cover
Fan...
Thermostat

Could be any of d above

Car dey over heat?
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
yes, it overheats over a certain distance
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by RZArecta2(m): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2019
Omotakins:
i suspect a leakage, Radautoworks has something she sells that you pour into the radiator and it goes all the way to the leak and blocks it instead of changing the entire unit but first you have to get the radiator checked to know the actual problem

2 Likes

Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2019
Check for leakage if none good for you, u mentioned that it over heat, how many fan does u radiator have? If one buy a two fan radiator, what do top it with? If water, radiator is not designed to use water alone Because water boiling point is 100 degree but coolant boiling point is 220 degree, u see?, rather buy a coolant that Is already mix with water in four litter can, like abro red

1 Share

Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by autologic: 10:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Symptoms of coolant going down is a clear evident of leakage and leakage can be internal or external .U need to find a 21 century workshop that can perform cooling system pressure test to dig out the root of leakage .
Pix shown above depict the tool at work .

1 Like

Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by radautoworks: 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
RZArecta2:
i suspect a leakage, Radautoworks has something she sells that you pour into the radiator and it goes all the way to the leak and blocks it instead of changing the entire unit but first you have to get the radiator checked to know the actual problem

Thank you. It's easy to find leak if you do it right and maybe plug it too without replacement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2019
timenamoney:
Check for leakage if none good for you, u mentioned that it over heat, how many fan does u radiator have? If one buy a two fan radiator, what do top it with? If water, radiator is not designed to use water alone Because water boiling point is 100 degree but coolant boiling point is 220 degree, u see?, rather buy a coolant that Is already mix with water in four litter can, like abro red
Thanks. It is a two-fan radiator. Can the problem be the fact that it is a one-cell radiator?
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2019
RZArecta2:
Thanks for the response. I will need to do some searching to know where I can have the leak checked
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by radautoworks: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
Omotakins:

Thanks for the response. I will need to do some searching to know where I can have the leak checked

What state are you in? We can check it.
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by Omotakins(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2019
radautoworks:

What state are you in? We can check it.
Ogun state
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Omotakins:

Thanks. It is a two-fan radiator. Can the problem be the fact that it is a one-cell radiator?
in Nigeria where our climate is hot is better to use two fan radiator I don't use the four litre rubber any more because of fake products, rather I use Abro coolant in a can which can not be faked by Nigerians, see picture

Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Omotakins:

No, a one cell radiator can also work perfectly in Nigeria but it should use 50% coolant and 50% destiled water like swan bottle water or air conditioner water but I prefer the abro coolant in a tin container that says DO NOT MIX WITH WATER especially when you use a themostat in your engine

CHEERS
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Omotakins:

NO , but two cells help more in hot summer traffic jams
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by erico2k2(m): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
timenamoney:
NO , but two cells help more in hot summer traffic jams
Dead advice.leave the damn thing the way it was manufactured. Frisco is hotter than the Sahara during summer. we should stop this africa is hot mentality.
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 6:29am On Oct 14, 2020
erico2k2:

Dead advice.leave the damn thing the way it was manufactured. Frisco is hotter than the Sahara during summer. we should stop this africa is hot mentality.
what is Dead about this issue ( don't you have a better polite way to express yourself? ) or what wrong advise are you talking about when I said NO when asked if one cell radiator is the issue (after he admits he has two cell already )

two cells radiator is bigger and contain more coolant and have better chance to discharge heat especially during a hot summer traffic jams with air conditioner on ( don't it make sense to you, Mr perfect ? )

you sound un-polite without reading properly which is very bad of you
#be social
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by erico2k2(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2020
timenamoney:
what is Dead about this issue ( don't you have a better polite way to express yourself? ) or what wrong advise are you talking about when I said NO when asked if one cell radiator is the issue (after he admits he has two cell already )

two cells radiator is bigger and contain more coolant and have better chance to discharge heat especially during a hot summer traffic jams with air conditioner on ( don't it make sense to you, Mr perfect ? )

#be social
Nop I cant be polite cos it's advice like these that lead people to kill thier cars. There are cars equipped with double cells and double fans.leave the damn car the way it was manufactured. No one in the US will advise you to do same in summer cos wen U say summer you mean America or Europe cos 9ja do t have it.I repeat Texas is very hot in the summer and Florida has a topical feel no one does that shyte in thier cars. replace like 4 like parts. you belong to them school of thought who sing tropicalization.
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by timenamoney: 7:36am On Oct 14, 2020
erico2k2:

Nop I cant be polite cos it's advice like these that lead people to kill thier cars. There are cars equipped with double cells and double fans.leave the damn car the way it was manufactured. No one in the US will advise you to do same in summer cos wen U say summer you mean America or Europe cos 9ja do t have it.I repeat Texas is very hot in the summer and Florida has a topical feel no one does that shyte in thier cars. replace like 4 like parts. you belong to them school of thought who sing tropicalization.
1) there was no advise (because he already has a two cell radiator )
2) all what your writing has nothing to counter with what I wrote above
3) you said =wen U say summer you mean America or Europe cos 9ja do t have it { chia tell me if we have winter or freezing snow, defind summer }
your comments are ABSOLUTE and UNRELIABLE
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:57am On Oct 14, 2020
Omotakins:
yes, it overheats over a certain distance

if there is no leak then your headgasket is gone

there is lots of misinformation here

Whether double radiator or not that wont stop a car from overheating if there is leak or if the headgasket is gone

1st i suggest you get a UV dye to check for leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuGeQnMOzk&ab_channel=ScottyKilmer

2 do compression test
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by erico2k2(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2020
Omotakins:

timenamoney:

#be social
check who was suggesting two cell radiator here!The OP said he h[b]as two fans on his single cell radiator,[/b]
Re: My Radiator Reservoir Gets Empty Quickly by erico2k2(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2020
ZIMDRILL:

if there is no leak then your headgasket is gone

there is lots of misinformation here

Whether double radiator or not that wont stop a car from overheating if there is leak or if the headgasket is gone

1st i suggest you get a UV dye to check for leak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuGeQnMOzk&ab_channel=ScottyKilmer

2 do compression test

i feel you bro, u are right two cell or waht not wont stop over heating, however those Online Mechanics who give advice that suggest one should ulter the measured parts o n a car are the ones Im all against.its these same group that make others wire their fan direct long term Nah THEM

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C Class Vs Bmw 3 Series Vs Audi A4 / Help! What Model/year Of Golf Gti Is Dis(pic Included) / Cracked Up Dash Board (lexus 330)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.