Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi (11267 Views)

Easter: Bishop Ezeokafor Gifts Bags Of Rice, Others To Over 300 People / Father Charles Okeke-Odogwu Found Dead In His Car In Anambra (Photos) / Prophet Nyekachi Elechi "Invokes Fire", As He Delivers Members From Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by BigIyanga: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Another brainwashed custodian of Eurocentric “God”... But it’s OK to be knighted in his church during Easter? It’s OK for women to be conferred with Christian Mother Title during Easter??

3 Likes

Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by lilyheaven: 3:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
frozen70:
Most of these chieftancy titles are for matured men who seeks to get prestige and recognition

Now what will happen to those who already gotten theirs and are still members of the same cathedral ❓

Anyway, there is always solutions to any thing

They can get the titles and still go to church but may not be receiving holy communion

But I know that this won't go down well with the chiefs, nze na ozor's and the ogbuefi's
Frozen frozy, long time.
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by OgbanjeProphet: 3:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Me, I am CATHOLIC, pentecostal and a traditionalist.

I am serving The God that created the founders of the three religions.

1 Like

Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Chimaokigwe: 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Amuocha:
Amazing

"He mentioned eight deities in Igbo land, including Idemili, Ogwugwu, Ulasi, Agwu, Akwu, Ala, Edo and Ofala, which he declared as idols, and warned true Christians to steer clear of them and anything linked to them" shocked

- in SW, this does not hold...you can be a pastor and lie, you can still take pastoral role with Sango altogether grin

Keneking, what of Mammon, the god all Igbos worship. You didn't list that one too?

That's why they keep killing Igbos in churches like they did in Ozubulu.
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Eserise1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
kingsfire:
To me "Bishop" is also a title.
How would you take up a western title and ban me from taking a title as old as the land I live in?
Black man! lipsrsealed
No Bishop is biblica check 1timothy 5 also
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by frozen70(f): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2019
lilyheaven:

Frozen frozy, long time.

Hi, lol
How are you doing
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Gabson001(m): 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dear father may. God bless you front and back.. Increase u from strength to strength
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by ochibuogwu5: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
gradually, the Holy Spirit is cutting a clear separation between "Christianity and traditional religion inside the Catholic Church" in the South East of Nigeria.
THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST FOR THIS BOLDNESS!!!
GREAT GRACE +HILARY!!!
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by donbenie(m): 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Keneking, what of Mammon, the god all Igbos worship. You didn't list that one too?

That's why they keep killing Igbos in churches like they did in Ozubulu.
And which god does your tribe worship?

The one that needs Skull Miners to be on full time duty? shocked
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by OMANBALA1: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
InyinyaAgbaOku:
He spewed outright bunkum.
One's identity can be retained as a Christian too.
What the hell is some people throw away their baptismal names? The so-called baptismal names are other people's cultural names.
This is what you get when you can't separate Christianity - the way of life of Christ from obeying religious doctrines.

These have nothing to do with Christ.
Let bishop not lose focus of the Christ he is to preach about

Just wondering. Would this iidiotict bishop chase Ndi Nze out of church ?? These white slaves think too much of themselves....lol
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Ayoagbajesamuel(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Even anglican church is the worse, where u see some members with bead, i have even seen those with 2 wives heading a church and some among elders.
So, idol worshipers are in every churches now.
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by lilyheaven: 4:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
frozen70:

Hi, lol
How are you doing
I'm good.
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by gsmguru: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
This is quite serious!

Meanwhile...

Discover The Highly Profitable And Lucrative World Of GSM Industry Business Opportunities!

Do you know that Africa is now said to be the second world’s biggest and fastest growing Telecommunications/ GSM market after China?

Do you also know that the Telecommunications/GSM industry in Nigeria is currently the second biggest revenue generating industry after the petroleum industry?

Do you also know that the GSM airtime recharge, the GSM mobile phones as well as other GSM products/accessories business is now said to be one of the most profitable, lucrative and fast growing business venture anybody can engage start in the country?

Do you further know that a lot of smart Nigerians have started this business with a low capital but within a very short period have started earning millions of naira from it every month consistently?

Do you know that the major GSM airtime recharge dealers and distributors are raking in tens of millions every month and likewise the major dealers of the GSM handsets and other mobile phone products/accessories?

Do you know that by applying the right marketing and business strategies, you too can begin to make a sale of over ten million naira from the GSM air time recharge, GSM mobile handsets and other GSM products and accessories every month within a very short period of starting the business?

Do you want to learn more about how you too can participate in this highly profitable and lucrative business?

If so, then why don’t you too also participate in this powerful, insightive and life changing Telecommunications/GSM industry business? To learn more, click on this thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5050471/start-raking-millions-every-month

Don’t let this golden opportunity pass you by!
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by sukerefakere(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
bleepmate:
wots d time for BARCELONA VS UNITED MATCH?
9:45 pm
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by specco(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2019
OMANBALA1:
If a Bishop say that to my face I will probably slap his ignorant mind out of his head. Imagine an iidiot that worships white jesus and mary statues. Africans are ffucking blind!
Jesus is Lord. Accept him now to avoid "had I known" He loves you..
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by InvertedHammer: 6:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Amuocha:
Amazing

"He mentioned eight deities in Igbo land, including Idemili, Ogwugwu, Ulasi, Agwu, Akwu, Ala, Edo and Ofala, which he declared as idols, and warned true Christians to steer clear of them and anything linked to them" shocked

- in SW, this does not hold...you can be a pastor and lie, you can still take pastoral role with Sango altogether grin
/
The bishop is correct.

Idemili, ulasi, etc are idols made by men while the crucifix and statues of virgin Mary they bow down and worship were sent down from heaven.

Pot calling kettle black?

/
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
UDOKABESTLUV:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/easter-bishop-bars-members-from-chieftaincy-titles-in-nnewi/amp/

What's his business with what members do in their personal lives, so long as they don't break the law.
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Ezebohirepurcha(m): 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
Is he saying, the images in his cathedral and churches is not idol. Hypocrisy of the highest order
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by ThinkSmarter: 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
Harrymig1:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness
discrimination.
But remember in the book of Corinthians, u re advised to marry an unbeliever if u so much love the person, being woman or man.
Don't ask me of the chapter as I don't cram bible
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Ubenedictus(m): 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
gradually, the Holy Spirit is cutting a clear separation between "Christianity and traditional religion inside the Catholic Church" in the South East of Nigeria.
THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST FOR THIS BOLDNESS!!!
GREAT GRACE +HILARY!!!
this isn't new the bishops have been sounding this for some time, many villages have reformed their titles rite to accord with Christianity and some even give titles to priest to show that their rites have been totally reformed with no idolatry
Re: Easter: Bishop Hilary Okeke Bars Members From Chieftaincy Titles In Nnewi by Ubenedictus(m): 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
BlacSmit:
This man shouldn't bring Protestant doctrines into the Catholic Church.

The Vatican does not ban members from observing their tradition. Why then would an indigenous bishop be more Catholic than the Pope??
the Bible is the Pope of his diocese in catholic doctrines having the fullness of power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ash Wednesday!!! ; All You Need To Know / The Mother Of Us All / 10 Biblical Truths To Combat Temptation Of Lying As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.