Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,333 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware (1108 Views)

My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware / My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus / How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by handsomebolanle: 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
I'd like a discussion one this... My Laptop was recently infected.. And it seems the viable option is to format the system and forget my files
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by bigl: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
handsomebolanle:
I'd like a discussion one this... My Laptop was recently infected.. And it seems the viable option is to format the system and forget my files
Or u pay. It happened to a friend some weeks ago. All files were encrypted and they left a note that he should pay for them to decrypt
He had to forget his files

Always ensure you have good antivirus to avoid such occurrence
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by Wilfem(m): 5:24pm On Apr 17, 2019
Be very careful with the formatting, if possible go for the hard disk wipe, so as not to go in circles.

Using a good Antivirus and regularly updating it is the best form of guaranteed protection.
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by handsomebolanle: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
bigl:

Or u pay. It happened to a friend some weeks ago. All files were encrypted and they left a note that he should pay for them to decrypt
He had to forget his files

Always ensure you have good antivirus to avoid such occurrence
Same here.. Very serious and true experience..... I couldn't believe it at first
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by Greatzeus(m): 10:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
Today,the tech world is so dangerous that you shouldn't take nothing for granted. Unlike previous windows security,which are always rated low and below par,the security that comes with windows 10 Sept 2018 update and latter are very good and has the highest windows security ratings so far.
All you need to do is update it regularly at least once a week.
If you want more go for Avast Premier security,I can install for you with license till 2023.
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by Folzye(m): 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2019
Greatzeus:
Today,the tech world is so dangerous that you shouldn't take nothing for granted. Unlike previous windows security,which are always rated low and below par,the security that comes with windows 10 Sept 2018 update and latter are very good and has the highest windows security ratings so far.
All you need to do is update it regularly at least once a week.
If you want more go for Avast Premier security,I can install for you with license till 2023.

I need the avaat premier software, how can i get it?
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
What kind of sites were you assessing that you for the ransomeware from?
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by handsomebolanle: 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hedonini:
What kind of sites were you assessing that you for the ransomeware from?

What do you mean by this?? I don't get,...
Are there sites loaded with it??
Re: Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware by Greatzeus(m): 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2019
Folzye:

I need the avaat premier software, how can i get it?
Yes, contact me. I'm in Lagos. Could do it for you tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Fairly Used Hp Core I5 / You're In Dire Need Of A Brand New/mint Grade-A Laptop?...Come Get It Here / Jargon Buster, Techno Babble Demystified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.