Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware (269 Views)

This Insane Laptop Has Seven Foldable Displays (Photos) / My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus / Anyone Ever Been Infected With Ransomware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware by Dahyur119: 1:45am On Aug 31, 2020
My laptop has been infected my ransomware and all my files has been encrypted by hacker I was told to send btc to them before it can be opened ..I don't have money to do that .. I tried formatting the system my self but I'm getting btmgr is correct I think that ransomware as attacked my bios so it can't format the system
How do I go about this some help !!!!!
Re: My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware by richeeyo(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2020
What did you download
Re: My Laptop Has Been Infected By Ransomware by Greatzeus(m): 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dahyur119:
My laptop has been infected my ransomware and all my files has been encrypted by hacker I was told to send btc to them before it can be opened ..I don't have money to do that .. I tried formatting the system my self but I'm getting btmgr is correct I think that ransomware as attacked my bios so it can't format the system
How do I go about this some help !!!!!
Sir, First nothing any hacker do will or can prevent you from re installing your OS. Virus and Ransome wares affect software( O.S ,installed programs and files). Virus or Ransome ware cannot affect hardware or attach itself to it.
When you want to format or re install your O.S,you have suspended (turned off) all software currently present on your computer's hard drive. Because you can only install an O.S from an external source (CD or USB), that is not among your current files(virus/Ransome ware infected) on your computer.
Re installing an O.S involves using a cd or usb that contains a fresh O.S. The CD or USB only uses your hardware now,it doesn't use any software or files previously on your PC,( That contains malware).
Secondly,as at today, Windows security has improved and it's enough for you as a personal pc user. All you need is regular update (Windows security updates are sent weekly). Third party Anti virus will only add more salt to your injury,they are overkill for an average pc user. Uninstall them and use Windows security.
Thirdly, You guys should stop visiting websites that tells you just won a prize or Ads that asks you to click a link and win a prize,they are hackers.
Fourthly, your problem has a solution. They called premium Anti malware. Since you might not be able to afford them,go for the freeware version but they are always so limited,I'm afraid they might not get the job done.
Lastly, Just like my Phone, anything of worth to me on my Phone or PC is backed up.My phone contacts are saved automatically to Google drive when a new number is added,any picture I take or download is saved on Google photos immediately. Same with my WhatsApp. I have 5 hard drives where I back up my Pc files that are important. If my PC is affected with malware(which is almost impossible because of the security I put in place) , I won't blink an eye,I will erase everything straight.

(1) (Reply)

Vpn / Laptop Screen Needed In Ibadan / Hp Compaq 6730b Intel Core 2 Duo 250gb 3gb Ram 2.40ghz 40k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.