Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets (16249 Views)

Tinubu’s Ministerial List: APC Governors May Nominate 3 Persons From Each State / 2023 Presidency: Igbo Group Suggests 11 Persons From South-East / LAWMA Employs 20 Physically-Challenged Persons To Sweep Pedestrian Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by ANSMEDIA: 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
Anambra State, Government Removes Over 100 beggars and Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets.

By Vincent Ezechukwu

In compliance with the directive by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency Dr Willie Obiano, to clear the streets of Anambra State of mentally challenged persons and beggars who constitute nuisance in most major junctions in the state, the Anambra State Commissioner for Women and Children affairs Lady Ndidi Mezue, was today Monday 15th April, joined by the Honorable Commissioner For Transport, Hon Uchenna Okafor, (Wiper)raided the streets of Awka and Onitsha of these categories of individuals.

The exercise which started at Onitsha Main market, through Upper Iweka, down to Uga and MCC junctions, all in Onitsha and then terminated at Unizk junction Awka, saw the team which comprises various security agencies including the police, Civil Defence, ATMA, OCHA brigade and Social welfare department of the ministry of women affairs, was able to apprehend and relocated over one hundred beggars and mentally challenged persons, who are mostly from neighboring states and beyond.

Following international best practice, the mentally challenged among the individuals removed from the streets were immediately moved to Nteje Home for the mentally challenged, where they will be rehabilitated and reunited with their families. While the beggars who were apprehended seeking alms using under age children will be rehabilitated and returned to their home states.

Lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by ANSMEDIA: 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
ANSMEDIA:
Anambra State, Government Removes Over 100 beggars and Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Mayor08: 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
Following international best practice, the mentally challenged among the individuals removed from the streets were immediately moved to Nteje Home for the mentally challenged, where they will be rehabilitated and reunited with their families. While the beggars who were apprehended seeking alms using under age children will be rehabilitated and returned to their home states.

Lalasticlala[/quote]
Nice gesture... But wasn't this the same thing fashola did that they screamed heaven on earth and claimed deportation.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by OMANBALA1: 5:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
Mayor08:

Lalasticlala
Nice gesture... But wasn't this the same thing fashola did that they screamed heaven on earth and claimed deportation.

First of, Fashola abused Nigerians in their own country by telling them to go back to their villages. Secondly, he didn't rehabilitate the mentally sick after picking them up.Rather, he rounded them up ,drove them down to upper Iweka and dumped them under the bridge in the dead of the night. How is that similar to what Obiano is doing ?

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Mayor08: 5:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
OMANBALA1:

First of, Fashola abused Nigerians in their own country by telling them to go back to their villages. Secondly, he didn't rehabilitate the mentally sick after picking them up.Rather, he rounded them up ,drove them down to upper Iweka and dumped them under the bridge in the dead of the night. How is that similar to what Obiano is doing ?
Stop saying what you don't know...you are only taking sides cause you are an easterner...they were rehabilitated, they contacted the anambra state government and even there liaison office in victoria island with no response, they were 14 and not 72...Lagos state govt even brought out proof to back their claims..
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/142097-lagos-sent-home-14-destitute-people-says-fashola.html?amp_markup=1

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please Obiano send them back to Ebonyi and enugu...states......no need to hide the truth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Please Obiano should extend his. Gesture to. Nnewi.

I learnt ebonyians has overrun the city.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by oilPUSSY(f): 5:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Please Obiano send them back to Ebonyi and enugu...states......no need to hide the truth.
Stop putting your mouth in Igbo matter..
Face your land of skulls.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Please Obiano. Send them back home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by OMANBALA1: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Mayor08:

Stop saying what you don't know...you are only taking sides cause you are an easterner...they were rehabilitated, they contacted the anambra state government and even there liaison office in victoria island with no response, they were 14 and not 72...Lagos state govt even brought out proof to back their claims..
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/142097-lagos-sent-home-14-destitute-people-says-fashola.html?amp_markup=1

First of all , out of all the "deported" either one or two were from Anambra ,the rest were from Akwaibom,Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. But, assuming you actually contacted Anambra state government and you didn't get a response you have no right nor power to move citizens of Nigeria to a random location and abandoned them there! You are supposed to actually find out were they are from and make concrete effort to reunite them with their families. And if you couldn't fetch a useful information you must keep them until you resolve the problem.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice gesture toward developments, but upholding the gesture is what matters the most.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by OgogoroNo2: 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good one
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Smartfix: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

Many people are oblivious of the fact that damaged windscreens are very repairable. With the help of a UV-aided modern technology a damged windshield can be restored to a near perfect state (98%). That is why I am here to help my fellow Nairalanders who may be troubled by a crack on their windshield.
Kindly contact me through the numbers on my signature below for the repair of your damaged windshield. Do not ignore that crack or chip on your windshield, thinking it will not spread, get it fixed now by an experienced glass repair technician for just a token.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Factfinder1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 16, 2019
This particular act needs to be added in the budget and practiced continuously in the north...soo many baggers and mad weed and tramadol/codine gulping mad people in the north... But their rich elites don't care... Them never educate them finish na rehabilitation them go come Care about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Earthquake3: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Factfinder1:
This particular act needs to be added in the budget and practiced continuously in the north

That means 80% of the North will be displaced

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Tastemoney(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
I am certain most of them are NORTHERNERS
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Wendyada: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Stop putting your mouth in Igbo matter.. Face your land of skulls.
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Bolustical: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Let Ambode or any Lagos governor try to ban hawking in traffic and see how hell will let loose. They'd start foaming in the mouth playing the victim's card.

Anyways, this is a move in the right direction. Imbeciles, mentally unfit people and beggars should not be on our roads. I commend Obiano for this.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Factfinder1(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
Earthquake3:

That means 80% of the North will be displaced

I am telling you... Bagging seems like a way of life to This people... I remember in 2013 the then governor of Niger state took this people off the street to a place like a Camp where they where been fed and taken care of medically these people complained and protested that he's (the governor) is trying to cut their source of lively hood they left and went back to the streets...funny enough this blind people begging have more than 2 wives and many kids and you wonder when civilization will really hit the north

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Bolustical: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
yes
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Alejoas(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
shocked
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Oblivionsmiles: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice move, Mr Governor and Mrs Minister, I hope you guys will keep it up cos this Naija, everything na show for the media.

Meanwhile, holla for your best gifting experience yet.
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Wendyada: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
Imo state government should also do the same, lets know the ones that are truely mad and those that are trying to be mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by koning: 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2019
oilPUSSY:

He is Igbo. An Anambra 'supremacist'. If you don't know him by now, then you're new to NL.

As soon as i saw the thread, i knew he would show up with that comment. Dude is very sick. Suffers from serious inferiority complex.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by oilPUSSY(f): 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
koning:

He is Igbo. An Anambra 'supremacist'. If you don't know him by now, then you're new to NL.

As soon as i saw the thread, i knew he would show up with that comment. Dude is very sick. Suffers from serious inferiority complex.

He's not Igbo.
His mission on nairaland is to balkanise Igbo land which he cannever achieve because he will keep seeing opposite result offline..
Watch him out..., whenever isssue of SS Igbos is raised, he will be quick to tell you that they are not Igbos despite having so many people in SS like Oshimili,Asaba and Obigbo Axis who are always proud of their identity. He wants Igbo land to be Anambra, Enugu Abia and Imo which is not what it's .

Forget his pro Igbo Igbo comments and his soft Insult on Yoruba, it's still his tactics.. I know two of his monikers Juliesmma and Reelectbuhari. He has abandoned his Reelectbuhari moniker and opened this one. Trust me, he's not Igbo.
You should know the reason why he's claiming Anambra..
I am from Anambra state too.. We Anambrarians are not stupid .. That supremacist nonsense is just figment of some people's imagination

He will be quick write Igbo language with Google traslatator, but when you start replying in Igbo language he Will run or start typing something that is out of context because Google can't help him out on that since every Igbo has their dialects. grin grin.. You can try this and see what I am saying.
He knows my moniker, he avoids engaging me in meaningful discussion.
I know the person that bursted his Reelectbuhari Buhari's moniker before he abandoned that one.. Don't be deceived. I am not new on nairaland..

In fact, he once opened a thread and told Igbos to stop using the word "Yoruba Muslims" that yorubas are one..Check all his topics.. If an "Igbo Man" grin grin like him Said we should stop balkanizing Yorubas along religion line, Why is he balkanizing Igbos along State line if he's Igbo ?
Check out all his thread, most of his threads are threads Igbos won't like to see on nairaland, .
He's up to something and he knows what I am saying.

Cc. Coning

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Topmaike007(m): 6:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
Osagyefo98:
see your flat head like bicycle seat,so you want to tell me that your people are not the most paralyzed people in the east
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by babadeee(m): 6:45pm On Apr 16, 2019
Na Aboki go many pass grin grin
Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by Westtimeline: 6:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Igbos and lies sha

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by googi: 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Shey na today dem start?

Obi did worse, they called it best practices.

Fashola rehabilitated many in different homes in Lagos and reallocated the rest North and South. Only those brothers shouted murder after doing worse to their neighbors.

Here they go again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Removes Over 100 Beggars & Mentally Challenged Persons From The Streets by deji17: 6:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
Anambra state deported Nigerians, no problem. Hypocrites

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agboola Ajayi: Nine APC Cheiftains In Race To Replace Ondo Deputy Governor / Bandits Kill Three In Kaduna, Kidnap Two Women (Photos) / Child Marriage - Children Threaten Hunger Strike Over Senate’s Resolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.