Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless (16238 Views)

Sheikh Nuru Khalid Gets New Appointment As Iman Of A New Jum'mat Mosque / Sheikh Nuru Khalid Sacked, Banned From Mosque / Ahmed Gumi: Sheikh Nuru Khalid's Sermon Worse Than Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 8:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
Former Chief Imam of the National Assembly Legislative Quarters Mosque, Sheikh Muhammad Nuru Khalid, says the termination of his appointment was a price he paid for Nigerians who have no voice.

DAILY POST reports that a few days after the Imam was suspended following his sermon that criticized the current government over inability to tackle the security situation, he was finally sacked on Monday.

Reacting to the sack which is currently generating reactions across the country, Imam Khalid said the decision of the mosque’s committee was a necessary price he had to pay for identifying with the suffering masses and speaking truth to power.

Sheikh Khalid who spoke with Vanguard on Monday night, revealed that he has been given a fresh appointment by the Management Committee of a new Jum’mat Mosque behind the Central Bank Nigeria, CBN Quarters, Abuja.

According to him, he is set to lead his new congregation with effect from Friday, April 8.

According to him, “My sack is a reflection of how Nigeria is today. Many people are hiding under the cover of religion to perpetrate all manner of unwholesome acts.

“Such people would stop at nothing to take away people like me.

“This is the price we pay for aligning with the people and identifying with their sufferings.

“By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I will be leading my new congregation this Friday, because as clerics we need a platform to operate.

“There’s a Jum’mat mosque we built behind the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Quarters, in Abuja; I will now be leading the congregation there.”
https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/04/ive-paid-price-for-the-voiceless-sacked-abuja-imam-speaks-gets-new-appointment/

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Fahdiga(m): 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
You have forever written your name in gold and posterity will be kind to you and your generation. Shame on the people that rallied against this good and courageous man. Shame on people like terrorist Gumi and his foot soldiers. Shame on nairalanders like Omenkalives who sympathize with terrorists.

267 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
You've done so well for speaking up the truth for the voiceless

May God rewards you abundantly

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:59pm On Apr 04, 2022
I hope to see more of this from nairalanders/Nigerians..not the regular bluffing and wailing..
If you are really tired..go out there and preach it not hiding here by being a tribal bigot.. undecided

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Tinubuadvocate: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:
Former Chief Imam of the National Assembly Legislative Quarters Mosque, Sheikh Muhammad Nuru Khalid, says the termination of his appointment was a price he paid for Nigerians who have no voice.

DAILY POST reports that a few days after the Imam was suspended following his sermon that criticized the current government over inability to tackle the security situation, he was finally sacked on Monday.

Reacting to the sack which is currently generating reactions across the country, Imam Khalid said the decision of the mosque’s committee was a necessary price he had to pay for identifying with the suffering masses and speaking truth to power.

Sheikh Khalid who spoke with Vanguard on Monday night, revealed that he has been given a fresh appointment by the Management Committee of a new Jum’mat Mosque behind the Central Bank Nigeria, CBN Quarters, Abuja.

According to him, he is set to lead his new congregation with effect from Friday, April 8.

According to him, “My sack is a reflection of how Nigeria is today. Many people are hiding under the cover of religion to perpetrate all manner of unwholesome acts.

“Such people would stop at nothing to take away people like me.

“This is the price we pay for aligning with the people and identifying with their sufferings.

“By the Grace of Almighty Allah, I will be leading my new congregation this Friday, because as clerics we need a platform to operate.

“There’s a Jum’mat mosque we built behind the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN Quarters, in Abuja; I will now be leading the congregation there.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/04/ive-paid-price-for-the-voiceless-sacked-abuja-imam-speaks-gets-new-appointment/

Lalasticlala
[/s]

Liar you are trying to sabotage the efforts of security you will soon be questioning .

143 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Jennyclay(f): 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2022
You have done well Imam Sheikh Muhammad Nuru Khalid. May Almighty Allah guide and protect you.

Under Buhari's administration, Freedom of speech is guarantee, But freedom after speech... Hmmm, it's only Allah that can deliver you oo!!

If you are actually trying to compare Jonathan and Buhari in terms of any type of freedom of speech enjoyed by the citizens under their government. Then you must be Very Mad... Because Buhari did not come anywhere near Jonathan.

Even Buhari was part of those who enjoyed freedom of speech during Jonathan's regime. cry sad

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Racoon(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2022
-"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion" -Albert Camus.

-“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it.”
― Mark Twain.

-“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” - Edward Abbey
You have paid your price. Posterity will forever remember you.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Racoon(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Liar you are trying to sabotage the efforts of security you will soon be questioning
[/s]See them Tinubu advocates cum disciples them? Guess you want to Japa to Canada with your family. You don't want to enjoy the Buhari's Nigeria Tinubu helped to foist abi? Yet you are advocating for the foister of a catastrophe to mount the saddle? It will not work.

So the truth-speaking imam is now a security threat? What about the murderous bandits, fulanis and BH terrorists that the govt have pampered like never before? May you be delivered.

"The major catastrophe about Buhari administration is that, it is not open to criticism in whatever guise. Once an attempt is made to call out a specific government's policy,as usual a brigade of its propagandists hirelings and foot-soldiers will be quick to brandish such a person, group or individual an enemy of state and other unprintable names..."
http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/20/insecurity-sleeping-president-adbullahi-d-mohammed

54 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Tinubuadvocate: 9:04pm On Apr 04, 2022
Are you okay who are you to cancelled my statement.
Racoon:
[s][/s]

145 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s]

Liar you are trying to sabotage the efforts of security you will soon be questioning .
You're irresponsible for uttering this rubbish

You're the same person asking us to vote Tinubu
This is how Tinubu and his supporters thinks

May Tinubu never be president of Nigeria, Amen.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Fahdiga(m): 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
[s][/s]

Just imagine what this one is saying. Shame on you for scuttling the fight against terrorism

46 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by GooodHardDick: 9:06pm On Apr 04, 2022
The price isn't enough. angry

Tell buhari and all those APC idiots to resign with immediate effect!

7 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Tinubuadvocate: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubu is your next president the early you know this the early you make peace with your ancestor.
PrinceOfLagos:

You're irresponsible for uttering this rubbish

You're the same person asking us to vote Tinubu
This is how Tinubu and his supporters thinks

May Tinubu never be president of Nigeria, Amen.

143 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Dapson73(m): 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
Qulul' haqa, walao kanamura.

Always says the truth even if it's bitter than poison.

Kudos to the Imam.

Wishing all my Muslim brothers and sisters a peaceful Ramadan.

20 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by LibertyRep: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2022
In solidarity with this Imam, the faithfuls who worship in that mosque should register their displeasure by worshipping somewhere else, except they approve of his sack.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Tinubuadvocate: 9:10pm On Apr 04, 2022
Pointless they always support impunity they quickly make friends with anyone that can insult or hate Buhari.
Fahdiga:
Just imagine what this one is saying. Shame on you for scuttling the fight against terrorism

145 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Racoon(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Are you okay who are you to cancelled my statement.
Buhari’s gravest areas of failure are in his disastrous mismanagement of Nigeria’s diversity, the desecration of the rule of law, basic rights & democracy. He is unarguably the most sectional and nepotistic national leader in Nigeria’s history.

Consequently, the country was ranked the world’s 12th most fragile in the Fragile States Index 2021.Buhari has failed to deepen democracy, instead, seeking to roll back media freedom, rights of assembly and protests and disdainful of court orders.
https://punchng.com/buharis-scorecard-decidedly-not-good-enough/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2022
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Racoon(m): 9:18pm On Apr 04, 2022
[s]
Tinubuadvocate:
Pointless they always support impunity they quickly make friends with anyone that can insult or hate Buhari.
[/s] Guess this is the same catastrophe the bullion vans crook wants to replace? Same Buhari Kastina people said have failed them hence they are fleeing to Niger Republic for safety and refuge?

"..Members of the Katsina State House of Assembly have said .....Both President Buhari and Governor Aminu Masari have failed in securing the lives and property of Katsina State citizens. Our people are being killed on a daily basis but nothing has been done."
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/05/14/katsina-assembly-kicks-as-bandits-massacre-16-people/

"Buhari/Masari resign now", you cannot protect us. "Banditry and kidnapping are our monsters not corona" and "Stop the bloodshed" among others.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/resign-now-katsina-protesters-tell-buhari-masari.html[/quote]

12 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
Thanks Sheikh Khalid!

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by F117nighthawk: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
You will have the last laugh sir, quote me come 2023,u will be vindicated. This government will never be there forever, its only a matter of time

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by tommy589(m): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2022
So if we have an opinion we must not talk about it. Some are clamp in detention at state level or in self exile for talking about the obvious.

Even in military era we did not have it so bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by VOsimhen144(m): 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
I no dey follow pastor dey beef Imam.
Father na Father.

Shame on Zombies.
Shame on BMC - Buhari Media Cows
Shame on TU - Tinubu Urchins

19 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 9:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
tommy589:
So if we have an opinion we must not talk about it
If you talk , this useless government will say it's hate speech

Shameless people

6 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Mokason288(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2022
I see this man loosing his life soon

Don’t underestimate BUhari and APC DEMONS

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by PrinceOfLagos: 9:27pm On Apr 04, 2022
Mokason288:
I see this man loosing his life soon

Don’t underestimate BUhari and APC DEMONS
If anything happens to that man, all fingers will surely point to one direction

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Indispensable85(m): 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2022
God bless you richly sir
Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by OneCandleAway(f): 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2022
Tinubuadvocate:
Tinubu is your next president the early you know this the early you make peace with your ancestor.

Uou see when do evil it always comes back to you. Now uiu are supporting failures instead because of the money they pay you, but uiu want to relocate your families canada because you know deep within you Nigeria is messed up. I pray every pain people are going through bounces back to you and your family no matter where you relocate them to.

6 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Mokason288(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

If anything happens to that man, all fingers will surely point to one direction
A whole Minister of Justice died in this country and nothing happened

4 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by Queenttoast01: 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2022
I can't believe we still have courageous imam like this man in this present Nigeria.
Take note sir, you being sacked is a blessing in disguise.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2022
shout out to Oyedepo who never bought the scam

12 Likes

Re: Sheikh Nuru Khalid: I Have Paid Price For The Voiceless by greatiyk4u(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2022
What is good in discouraging electorates from voting in the election?

Why not tell them not to vote the party that can't secure the country?

Nothing worthy of praise in his half truth.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LAWMA Serves Intention To Seal Notices On Some Businesses In Lagos. / Court Adjourns Dasuki’s Trial To 2016 / Worshippers Kill Suspectedfleeing Church Bomber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.