Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited - Jobs/Vacancies (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited (1436402 Views)

2021 Nigerian Customs Recruitment / Ekiti: TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2019. How To Apply / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by billionsam(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
Congrats to the amiable PRO on his promotion from DCG to Comptroller of Customs

billionsam:
NCS Gets 4 DCGs, 11 ACGs, Promotes other 2,722 Customs Officers

The Board of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has approved the appointment of four Deputy Comptroller Generals and eleven (11) Assistant Comptroller Generals as well as the promotion of 2,707 senior officers to various ranks with effect from 1st January, 2020.

A breakdown of the appointments includes:
* DCG Abdullahi Babani
* DCG Mohammed Boyi
* DCG Elton Edorhe
* DCG Katherine Ekekezie
* ACG Hamza Gumi
* ACG Mohammed Abba-Kura
* ACG Saidu Galadima
* ACG Gimba Umar
* ACG Obi Ekwealor
* ACG Bede Anyanwu
*ACG Mohammed Uba Garba
* ACG Kayode Olusemire
* ACG Lena Oyama
* ACG Florence Inuk
* ACG Lami Wushishi

Some of the newly promoted Comptrollers are the Customs National PRO Joseph Attah, Babajide Adeniyi, Anthony Udeze, Suleiman Chiroma among others.

The full statistics of the board approval is as follows: DCGs 4, ACGs: 11, DC-CC=35, AC-DC=64, CSC-AC=118, SC-CSC=244, DSC-SC=339, ASC I-DSC=995, ASC II-ASCI=655 and IC-ASC II=257. Of the 2,707 senior officers promoted 204 are support staff.

The Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) congratulated the newly appointed and promoted Officers. He further charged them to justify the confidence reposed in them.

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
Deputy National Public Relations Officer
For: Comptroller-General of Customs
04 Oct 2021
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by gazal55(m): 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
billionsam:

The Board of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has approved the appointment of four Deputy Comptroller Generals and eleven (11) Assistant Comptroller Generals as well as the promotion of 2,707 senior officers to various ranks with effect from 1st January, 2020.

The full statistics of the board approval is as follows: DCGs 4, ACGs: 11, DC-CC=35, AC-DC=64, CSC-AC=118, SC-CSC=244, DSC-SC=339, ASC I-DSC=995, ASC II-ASCI=655 and IC-ASC II=257. Of the 2,707 senior officers promoted 204 are support staff.

The Comptroller General of Customs, Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd) congratulated the newly appointed and promoted Officers. He further charged them to justify the confidence reposed in them.

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
04 Oct 2021
thaiwwo:

Please from which source you get this information

For those of you asking for source hope this will clear your doubt
Thanks for this @billionsam

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sunkant12: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2021
Definitely the list for our training shall drop anytime soon.... Glory

Time to gather resources for training

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Sigala: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Friday this week, the watch might end, I wish us all the best of luck and hope to see us all in training God's willing. The wait and struggle will not be in vain

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Mubibond(m): 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2021
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by SERDEEEQ(m): 1:46am On Oct 05, 2021
Mubibond:
where can we see it?

* DCG Abdullahi Babani
* DCG Mohammed Boyi
* DCG Elton Edorhe
* DCG Katherine Ekekezie
* ACG Hamza Gumi
* ACG Mohammed Abba-Kura
* ACG Saidu Galadima
* ACG Gimba Umar
* ACG Obi Ekwealor
* ACG Bede Anyanwu
*ACG Mohammed Uba Garba
* ACG Kayode Olusemire
* ACG Lena Oyama
* ACG Florence Inuk
* ACG Lami Wushishi

Some of the newly promoted Comptrollers are the Customs National PRO Joseph Attah, Babajide Adeniyi, Anthony Udeze, Suleiman Chiroma among others.

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
04 Oct 2021
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sirnoah(m): 3:34am On Oct 05, 2021
Mubibond:
source please

It must definitely end in praise and Thanksgiving for us all in Jesus name, amen.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Success1930: 6:42am On Oct 05, 2021
[quote author=SERDEEEQ post=106456478]

* DCG Abdullahi Babani
* DCG Mohammed Boyi
* DCG Elton Edorhe
* DCG Katherine Ekekezie
* ACG Hamza Gumi
* ACG Mohammed Abba-Kura
* ACG Saidu Galadima
* ACG Gimba Umar
* ACG Obi Ekwealor
* ACG Bede Anyanwu
*ACG Mohammed Uba Garba
* ACG Kayode Olusemire
* ACG Lena Oyama
* ACG Florence Inuk
* ACG Lami Wushishi

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
04 Oct 2021

Congratulations to them. This information is now on their official Facebook page!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Ibnbabes4ol: 6:43am On Oct 05, 2021
The way some applicants dey happy on top this promotion matter, even Dem way dem promote no dey jolly so o. Anyways fingers crossed for ours too, may we all make to the final list and to Training and POP and become officers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by pixey(m): 6:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Ibnbabes4ol:
The way some applicants dey happy on top this promotion matter, even Dem way dem promote no dey jolly so o. Anyways fingers crossed for ours too, may we all make to the final list and to Training and POP and become officers.
Well! They are happy because in most government organisations such issues like promotions would take longer as a result of political bottlenecks. There is still hope by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Hotdiamond(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2021
The wait is coming to an end.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2021
billionsam:

Guys I've got an important question... What is support staff and are we going to be supporting staff or full staff... I'm a bit concerned about the whole recruitment and confused
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Samwobi1(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2021

* DCG Abdullahi Babani
* DCG Mohammed Boyi
* DCG Elton Edorhe
* DCG Katherine Ekekezie
* ACG Hamza Gumi
* ACG Mohammed Abba-Kura
* ACG Saidu Galadima
* ACG Gimba Umar
* ACG Obi Ekwealor
* ACG Bede Anyanwu
*ACG Mohammed Uba Garba
* ACG Kayode Olusemire
* ACG Lena Oyama
* ACG Florence Inuk
* ACG Lami Wushishi

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
04 Oct 2021
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Idbaba01: 8:18am On Oct 05, 2021
Well! From my own understanding I think Support Staff are professional in their field of study and they will be posted to their various fields. Eg doctor,nurse,IT.
While general duty are posted to different operation unit. They do the main customs operations.

Guys I've got an important question... What is support staff and are we going to be supporting staff or full staff... I'm a bit concerned about the whole recruitment and confused [/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by badmus1148: 8:27am On Oct 05, 2021
Abeg dey check the thread to confirm if what you want to post is there or not...
Na how many times una wan post this thing na

Samwobi1:

* DCG Abdullahi Babani
* DCG Mohammed Boyi
* DCG Elton Edorhe
* DCG Katherine Ekekezie
* ACG Hamza Gumi
* ACG Mohammed Abba-Kura
* ACG Saidu Galadima
* ACG Gimba Umar
* ACG Obi Ekwealor
* ACG Bede Anyanwu
*ACG Mohammed Uba Garba
* ACG Kayode Olusemire
* ACG Lena Oyama
* ACG Florence Inuk
* ACG Lami Wushishi

Signed:
DC Timi Bomodi
04 Oct 2021
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 8:39am On Oct 05, 2021
Idbaba01:
Well! From my own understanding I think Support Staff are professional in their field of study and they will be posted to their various fields. Eg doctor,nurse,IT.
While general duty are posted to different operation unit. They do the main customs operations.

Thanks for the answer
But isn't general duty where all the work is...
It's quite confusing as all levels 8 are support staff from the initial recruitment advert...
I hope to head a command someday, so I'm wondering if they'll push some of us to GD

Support staff seems so limiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by holyentgold: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2021
sanin47:

Thanks for the answer
It's quite confusing as all levels 8 are support staff from the initial recruitment advert...
I hope to head I command some day so I'm wondering if they'll push some of us to GD

support staff are professional in their various field they are also fully Custom Officer
But when it comes to operation General Duty will always take over I mean lead the operation even if the GD is the lowest rank among them
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2021
holyentgold:
support staff are professional in their various field they are also fully Custom Officer
But when it comes to operation General Duty will always take over I mean lead the operation even if the GD is the lowest rank among them

Thanks for the answer
OK but is it possible to convert to GD...
And how do they get GD senior officers if all they are recruiting is support staffs...
Only level 6 and below had GD options
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Samwobi1(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2021
badmus1148:
Abeg dey check the thread to confirm if what you want to post is there or not...
Na how many times una wan post this thing na

grin cool
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by holyentgold: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2021
sanin47:

Thanks for the answer
OK but is it possible to convert to GD...
And how do they get GD senior officers if all they are recruiting is support staffs...
Only level 6 and below had GD options
in some agency they do allow it but you will pass through so many courses,
I don't know about Custom
And it also depends on the situation on ground or CG policies,
People will rise to senior rank
Just a matter of time
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2021
So I found this way back post

https://independent.ng/customs-screens-out-applicants-over-qualifications/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

Where they said “Such people in those kind of disciplines are usually recruited and sent to Customs College for training,” probably referring to GD..
Does that mean that support staff doesn't do serious training..
So many complications...
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Madgio(m): 10:11am On Oct 05, 2021
Omo! From my understanding it's like it's easier to get promoted as a general duty staff than as a support staff. If I'm wrong then why the low number of support staff promoted, just a meagre 200+ out of 2000+ promotion.
sanin47:

Thanks for the answer
I hope to head a command someday, so I'm wondering if they'll push some of us to GD

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by esmarcq(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2021
Madgio:
Omo! From my understanding it's like it's easier to get promoted as a general duty staff than as a support staff. If I'm wrong then why the low number of support staff promoted, just a meagre 200+ out of 2000+ promotion.
probably because they arr not as much as the general duty staff, ratio of GD to SS is probably 10:1

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2021
esmarcq:
probably because they arr not as much as the general duty staff, ratio of GD to SS is probably 10:1

VERY SMART MAN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2021
Honestly, I'm still confused about the support staff and general duty saga. Some said support staff are professionals in various disciplines e.g Accounting, Doctor etc. while general duty staff are those under enforcement.Even from the list released by custom it was clearly set out therein which department one belongs. I will go with this explanation as described by someone in previous pages.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 10:54am On Oct 05, 2021
esmarcq:

According to this, there should be a lot of vacancies to be filled out at the level 8 entrance level... How do they then get level 8 GD officers...
If the last recruitment was ten years ago and it takes five years for promotion how did they close the gap of level 8 GD to start recruiting only SS
Confusion plenty... But i sha was really looking forward to GD privileges. Hopefully I can switch
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by sanin47: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2021
nniero11:

VERY SMART MAN!

Boss man... Come give us gist... cheesy
Is it possible to switch from SS to GD
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by gazal55(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2021
sanin47:

According to this, there should be a lot of vacancies to be filled out at the level 8 entrance level... How do they then get level 8 GD officers...
If the last recruitment was ten years ago and it takes five years for promotion how did they close the gap of level 8 GD to start recruiting only SS
Confusion plenty... But i sha was really looking forward to GD privileges. Hopefully I can switch tongue
Low key replacement bro
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2021
sanin47:

Boss man... Come give us gist... cheesy
Is it possible to switch from SS to GD

Bro i no know!

y u one dey carry gun?

u no like office and AC?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by kellexnuel(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2021
All these discussions makes sense but not as important as that list, have so many things to put in place but my hands are tied until the final list and training resumption is clearly stated and am sure am not the only one
Wish I can know the date of commencement of training
Make I use Dat one the make small arrangement until the final list Don tire for their hand.
grin grin grin
We are fast approaching 31 Dec 2021 for 2019 recruitment.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by meetgaya: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2021
Idbaba01:

Guys I've got an important question... What is support staff and are we going to be supporting staff or full staff... I'm a bit concerned about the whole recruitment and confused

Wrong! Support staff are ranks below ASC11
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Ibnbabes4ol: 11:53am On Oct 05, 2021
All this GD and SS distinction no matter o, get d job first abeg and besides the distinction isn't fundamental because if you are a Lawyer or Doctor or Engr and u r recruited as SS, that no means say u no fit b CGC o same applies for someone on GD. It's just a simple matter make una no overflog d issue, since even dem wey dey service no complain of that distinction.
D way I see am b say GD is for people wey no get specialisation or d course Dem study no get place or department for NCS wey go fit dem professionally, for instance person dey study zoology or CRK or IRK , wic department him go go if no b GD? But e no go make sense to carry medical Doc go Jibiya or shaki wen u get Custom hospital, or carry lawyer go border wen cases dey make him prosecute or investigate dats d reason for that GD and SS based on own understanding and , am not saying SS is better than GD or otherwise but d crux of the distinction is on the basis of what u studied.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (554) (Reply)

Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.