Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations (12141 Views)

Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos) / Golden Guinea Is Back / The Current State Of Affairs At Golden Guinea Breweries Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Ravon: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
Golden Guinea Breweries Plc has issued a statement dispelling the rumour on the commencement of full operations at its Umuahia plant.

According to the statement issued on the Nigerian Stock Exchange portal,

” The attention of Golden Guinea Breweries Plc has been drawn several unauthorised recent online publications on the commencement of full operations of the company”.

“The company stands on the disclosure and publication issued to the public via the issuer’s portal on resuming operations before the end of the second quarter of 2019”.

“We have not resumed operations and, therefore, any contrary and mischievous online publication is hereby disclaimed”.

The statement was signed by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, Mr Udo Ogaranya.

Golden Guinea originally commenced business in 1963 and was named Independence Brewery Limited. Annual capacity was 1 million gallons. The location of Umuahia was chosen due to the importance of water which led to the selection of a site in Umuahia, the town of the Regional Premier, Dr Michael Okpara.

The company introduced Eagle Stout to the market in 1967, however, production was cut short between 1967 and 1970 due to the Nigerian Civil War. Production restarted in 1971 following the end of the war. The company also changed its name to Golden Guinea Breweries. In 1975, the company was revamped and an extension was built by the German firm Coutinho Caro which later participated in an equity offering issued by the firm.

Production at the brewery was again cut short by a fire incident in 2003 but recent attempts have been made to bring the brewery back to life. The company holds franchise rights from German-based Holsten Breweries to produce and market Golden Guinea Lager, Bergedorf Premium Lager and Bergedorf Malta in Nigeria.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/04/16/golden-guinea-breweries-dispels-rumours-on-the-commencement-of-full-operations/

1 Like

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by yudee233: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
They should try and resume to create employment

2 Likes

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Amuocha: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
Amazing clarification

APC propaganda
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Xander85: 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Do they have a plant anywhere else in Nigeria?
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Officialgarri: 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2019
After the barca-manU match, we will comment

2 Likes

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
IBOcrite won't like this

2 Likes

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by JudasNaCarrot: 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
His Royal Highness..... Bergedof the IV.

2 Likes

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by amaniro: 8:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
Chizuru01,Superlightning come and here ooo stop passing falsehoodtonguegrinshocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by yinkus6750(m): 8:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
Umuahia / Abia state again?
Hope they ve not been affected with the states governance spirit?
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Neocotez(m): 8:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
Eagel stout that I drank last week in Jos, were did it come from?

1 Like

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by ofordegreat(m): 8:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ravon:
Golden Guinea Breweries Plc has issued a statement dispelling the rumour on the commencement of full operations at its Umuahia plant.

According to the statement issued on the Nigerian Stock Exchange portal,

” The attention of Golden Guinea Breweries Plc has been drawn several unauthorised recent online publications on the commencement of full operations of the company”.

“The company stands on the disclosure and publication issued to the public via the issuer’s portal on resuming operations before the end of the second quarter of 2019”.

“We have not resumed operations and, therefore, any contrary and mischievous online publication is hereby disclaimed”.

The statement was signed by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser, Mr Udo Ogaranya.

Golden Guinea originally commenced business in 1963 and was named Independence Brewery Limited. Annual capacity was 1 million gallons. The location of Umuahia was chosen due to the importance of water which led to the selection of a site in Umuahia, the town of the Regional Premier, Dr Michael Okpara.

The company introduced Eagle Stout to the market in 1967, however, production was cut short between 1967 and 1970 due to the Nigerian Civil War. Production restarted in 1971 following the end of the war. The company also changed its name to Golden Guinea Breweries. In 1975, the company was revamped and an extension was built by the German firm Coutinho Caro which later participated in an equity offering issued by the firm.

Production at the brewery was again cut short by a fire incident in 2003 but recent attempts have been made to bring the brewery back to life. The company holds franchise rights from German-based Holsten Breweries to produce and market Golden Guinea Lager, Bergedorf Premium Lager and Bergedorf Malta in Nigeria.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/04/16/golden-guinea-breweries-dispels-rumours-on-the-commencement-of-full-operations/

Been a while men. Let the beer come back. drink for the men.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro:
Chizuru01,Superlightning come and here ooo stop passing falsehoodtonguegrinshocked

I am here.... yes, I posted what I read earlier online and perhaps, I was a little too excited to announce the GOLDEN GUINEA breweries reemergence is on course despite that fact that it WILL resume operations MONTHS LATER.

IT IS STILL GOOD NEWS!

Who are the idiots saying umuahia is dead?
Did you also check the news on the MOST REFORMED states economically in SAHARA REPORTERS?

I am STILL EXCITED that golden guinea is opening in a few months time (NOT days as I earlier thought)

amaniro.....this is me. what do you have to say??
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Messi is better tongue
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 8:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro I am here. Thank you for broadcasting the GOOD NEWS that golden guinea breweries is STILL opening THIS YEAR in SOME MONTHS (not days as I thought) TIME.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Chizuru01(m): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro:

English is hard to understand i guess.

There is difference between Full operation and has started operating.

Golden Guinea is back but has not Started operating in Full.

Its still a good start. Thanks to Okezie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro where are you?
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Officialgarri: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
Chizuru01:

English is hard to understand i guess.

There is difference between Full operation and has started operating.

Golden Guinea is back but has not Started operating in Full.

Its still a good start. Thanks to Okezie

We have not resumed operations and, therefore, any contrary and mischievous online publication is hereby disclaimed”.

You are the one who finds it hard to understand English

4 Likes

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
Neocotez:
Eagel stout that I drank last week in Jos, were did it come from?

my brother, operations have commenced, they probably still have to handle logistic issues before moving in full swing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2019
I am SHOCKED at the traffic of this thread.

ANY news about abia that SEEMS NEGATIVE attracts attention.

ABIA TRULY HAS ENEMIES

Thank God Golden Guinea is TRULY opening. if not, haters and sadists would have launched their attack.

amaniro where are you o....you called me.

loser.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
This amaniro sef na itoboribo..... amaniro you are acting cowardly.
come and prove how "nothing is working" in abia state. Loser.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Okeyc230: 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good news. In 1982 we have 32 breweries operating in Nigeria. Wished others start up as well. Kudos to the team there.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Doald7171(m): 9:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
yudee233:
They should try and resume to create employment

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Doald7171(m): 9:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
Hp pav 360 Intel core core I7 1tb 12gb ram available call me on 08064186319
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by amaniro: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Superlightning thinks I'm jobless ooh...

Ahh Oluwalodamilare
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 10:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro:
Superlightning thinks I'm jobless ooh...

Ahh Oluwalodamilare
I actually speculated your cowardice, now I am confirming it.
pls don't start what you can't finish.
take your hate and envy for abia to the lagoon.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by amaniro: 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
superlightning:

I actually speculated your cowardice, now I am confirming it.

pls don't start what you can't finish.

take your hate and envy for abia to the lagoon.

I can't hate my state of origin. I only hate the past and present government there.

1 Like

Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by superlightning: 11:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
amaniro:

I can't hate my state of origin. I only hate the past and present government there.

all these "my mama say I be Ibo" kids sef.... I don't blame you anyway.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by kalufelix(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2019
I remember arriving school that faithful morning the school was completely distracted right from the morning assembly both teachers and students. Random discussions in different groups..what has happened?? It was 2003 the almighty Golden Guinea breweries had a terrible fire incident in the early hours of the morning.

Am so happy for my people. This is the kind of rumor I like to hear. Dispelling the rumor by saying it hasn't commenced full operations is even a greater news.

ah! Bergedorf malt that year cool
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by amaniro: 7:04am On Apr 17, 2019
superlightning:

all these "my mama say I be Ibo" kids sef.... I don't blame you anyway.

Yen yen yen it ain't my fault I didn't grow up there. it's good all the same. It made me exposed and see what true governance is.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by hisgrace090: 7:18am On Apr 17, 2019
superlightning:
I am SHOCKED at the traffic of this thread.

ANY news about abia that SEEMS NEGATIVE attracts attention.

ABIA TRULY HAS ENEMIES

Thank God Golden Guinea is TRULY opening. if not, haters and sadists would have launched their attack.

amaniro where are you o....you called me.

loser.

It"ll stop when good governance is enthroned in abia state.

If you go round the local govt in abia state you'll weep as some cannot boast of 10km asphalt road in an entire local govt.
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by lonelydora: 7:31am On Apr 17, 2019
I said it ooo
Re: Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:13am On Apr 17, 2019
It is well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / 7 Things Entrepreneurs Can Do To Stay Motivated / Nigeria’s Gas Reserves To Last 79 Years – DPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.