Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 (18627 Views)

Truck Drivers Protest At Upper Iweka, Onitsha Over Accident Caused By Touts / Dangote To Give 250k To Anyone Who Reports Erring Dangote Truck Drivers / Commander RRS, Tunji Disu Mocks Danfo Drivers For Their Reckless Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Automotive1(m): 10:14pm On Apr 16, 2019

NASCON Allied Industries, a subsidiary of Dangote Group, said it would continue to honour its workers just as it rewarded its truck drivers for meeting product delivery target and driving accident-free in 2018.

The Executive Director, Commercial, Hajiya Fatima Aliko Dangote, who presented various gifts to the drivers during the annual performance award ceremony,said that the business transactions of the organisation with its customers was incomplete until the final delivery of products to the right destination was made possible only by the truck drivers.

She also added that :
“No serious organisation would take its drivers for granted. Our drivers are the most important in the distribution chain"

“They take a lot of risks while striving to deliver products and meet target and even exceed target"

“We are doing this to recognise them that they matter in our business and we will continue to celebrate them”

She also noted that the Company had evolved various incentives to motivate and encourage the drivers to perform well, adding that each driver that met delivery target and recorded zero accident collected N50,000 every quarter.

She urged the drivers and the entire workforce not to rest on their oars but strive to exceed 2018 performance, promising them that the company would always live up to expectation by rewarding their hard work.

The Fleet Admin Manager, Mrs Augustia Odega, explained that five drivers were adjudged best performing truck drivers for the year 2018, and all of them had automatically become NASCON brand ambassadors.

In his remark, Corps Commander Akporowho Isaac, who represented the Lagos Zonal Commander of the FRSC, lauded Dangote for rewarding his drivers, saying such gesture was rare in most organisations.

Isaac advised the drivers to keep the flag flying, avoid reckless driving and respect other road users.

“Some truck drivers are terrorists, they see other road users as stupid and have to be sent out of the road by driving recklessly. This is not good and I am sure you are not one of those drivers that is why your management is rewarding you. Just keep it up”

https://autojosh.com/dangote-salt-rewards-truck-drivers-for-accident-free-2018/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by FredrickPablo(m): 10:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
Good one.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by matify83: 10:30pm On Apr 16, 2019
Those trucks have been a real menace on our roads.

To curb the recklessness of these drivers, I propose that the driver cabins of those trucks be lowered and placed in front of the first set of tires like luxurious buses.

22 Likes

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Investmentfreak: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2019
matify83:

To curb the recklessness of these drivers, I propose that the driver cabins of those trucks be lowered and placed in front of the first set of tires like luxurious buses.

So that what will happen?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by sparog(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2019
Investmentfreak:

So that what will happen?

I wonder ooh
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by fowosereman: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2019
this is a great initiative
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by tommykiwi(m): 11:00am On Apr 17, 2019
k
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Johnbosco77(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2019
Nice one coming from Dangote Group..
Keep it up.
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by BruncleZuma: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Cement Nkor?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Onnasucs1(m): 11:04am On Apr 17, 2019
Commendable.
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by TANID(m): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2019
Congratulation grin
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by BruncleZuma: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2019
matify83:

Excellent suggestion, it has been proposed in Europe in fact Scania Trucks has rolled out compliant trucks.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by dheaven: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2019
Its very good to reward them every 3 months so they will always be careful driving so as to qualify for the reward.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by kenodrill: 11:09am On Apr 17, 2019
Stingy company.whats 50k if I may ask?
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Faithfulmartins(m): 11:17am On Apr 17, 2019
kenodrill:

Alot of folks here saw themeselves through school. Begging is not a way out.channel the energy you are using to beg to push our way outa this mess.

I hate begging with a passion.
Sir I'm not a lazy bone, I've been doing all my possible best
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Frezhkid10(m): 11:18am On Apr 17, 2019
.. ordinary 50k for 4months....well kudos to the driver..
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by danhiels(m): 11:19am On Apr 17, 2019
Good maybe now e go use DAT umbrella cover cements when rain Dey fall
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Stop employing drunkards and duggards
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by danhiels(m): 11:22am On Apr 17, 2019
kenodrill:

Alot of folks here saw themeselves through school. Begging is not a way out.channel the energy you are using to beg to push our way outa this mess.

I hate begging with a passion.
relax you've not been in a situation... when you enter you go know say no be power Dem take Dey raise prick

1 Like

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by iykmon: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2019
matify83:

That will really help to reduced the blind spot for the driver. When you drive a truck you will understand better. Making the seat too high make a huge blind spot on the lower level for the driver.
The driver can only see things ahead and not closer object when they are close. That's why the always crush motor cyclists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Faithfulmartins(m): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2019
ghettochild4u:

Mr,this place looks like twitter or Instagram ni..
Or kano street...abeg caryy this begging go church... Na their u go see quick money
I'm not lazy sir, I've been doing my best but it seems not enough. Just try help me
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by Gboy101: 11:27am On Apr 17, 2019
I thought they use it for blood money.and to renew dangote wealth and power
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by ikechemez(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2019
kenodrill:
Stingy company.whats 50k if I may ask?

You forget that 50 drivers can qualify for same reward wish amount to over 2,5million. Reason am nah like a bisman

1 Like

Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by sapientia(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2019
This is a very good initiative.

50k every quarter.

Just learnt a life lesson.

Thanks.
Re: Dangote Salt Rewards Truck Drivers For Accident-free 2018 by kenodrill: 11:36am On Apr 17, 2019
when you enter you go know say no be power Dem take Dey raise prick

�....lwkmd

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wes Payment Issue / Abuja-kaduna Train Service Records N5m Income In 2 Weeks / Fully Loaded Petrol Tanker Crashes In Rivers State. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.