Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike (832 Views)

Just In: I’m Tired Of Being Governor - Gov Wike "Certificate Of Return" / Governor Wike Storms Mile 1 Market. See What He Did (Photos) / Little Boy Shakes Governor Wike, Breaks Protocol (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by chinwe1960: 2:01am On Apr 17, 2019
@ StateReporter News
Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers state, says if the constitution allows for a third term, he would not contest because he is tired.

Wike spoke on Tuesday when the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) issued him his certificate of return.

Commenting on the March 9 gubernatorial election in the state, Wike said the military prevented the electoral body from performing its duties.

He, however, commended INEC and the police for “standing their ground” and refusing to be intimidated.

He called for peace and cooperation in the state, asking all aggrieved parties to bury the past and forge ahead.

“Nobody can be more than the state, so, for me, I want total peace in Rivers state. All of us should come back, wherever you are, whether in the federal or local government, come and work for the interest of the state,” Wike said.

“I’ll not be governor forever. I only have for more years. After the four years, I’ve gone. The constitution does not allow for third term. Even if it does, bye bye, I’m tired. I’ll not.

I used to tell my wife every day whenever I wake up, I say thank God, you never can tell the next day, what will happen. And any day I have opportunity like this, I’ll speak my mind. I am not afraid, nobody has monopoly to take my life. I will die the day God says I will die.

“Elections have come and gone. We have no other state other than Rivers state. I owe this state a lot, if I die today, I’ll not be buried in Lagos neither will I be buried in Abuja. My house is in Rivers. I am [sic] unrepentable Rivers man. I stood on the altar of God and I said bygone is bygone. Some people do not believe it, I want to assure them I’m not like them. I cannot stand on the altar of God and make a statement and go back.

“Let us forget about whoever is angry or not. Forgive me if I have stepped on your toes and I have forgiven everyone who stepped on my toes. Let’s work for Rivers state. Anybody who knows me knows that when I say something, I’ll do it.

“We have done the little we can in the last four years and we will not wait, we will not relent, we will continue to work. There is no time for enjoyment. If there are any more awards to win in this country, I will collect all for this state.”
Read more
Source : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/04/17/im-tired-of-being-governor-wike/

Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by blackpanda: 2:05am On Apr 17, 2019
Since he won, he has been begging amaechi. Why Could it be amaechi is about to unleash tsunami
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by Larryfest(m): 3:55am On Apr 17, 2019
Bullshiit!! If the constitution allows million times none of una go wan leave office.
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by jullidee2006: 4:24am On Apr 17, 2019
Lols... after winning abi?
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by orisa37: 5:10am On Apr 17, 2019
Blessed are those who are persecuted for Righteousness Sake.
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by SoNature(m): 5:39am On Apr 17, 2019
All men are greedy, but the Blackman seems to be the most greedy of them all.

If the constitution allows a governor to rule for 20 years, Wike will definitely complete the 20 years.

Nigerian political offices are some of the juiciest in the world that's why Nigerian politicians can do anything to win.
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by chriskosherbal(m): 5:40am On Apr 17, 2019
SoNature:
All men are greedy, but the Blackman seems to be the most greedy of them all.

If the constitution allows a governor to rule for 20 years, Wike will definitely complete the 20 years.

Nigerian political offices are some of the juiciest in the world that's why Nigerian politicians can do anything to win.
grin cheesy
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by Toosure70: 5:53am On Apr 17, 2019
Presidency loading, Not for real Igbo.
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by helinues: 5:56am On Apr 17, 2019
Why not say you are tired of politics in General before we can take you serious. Unless if you have buried your ambitions about 2023..
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by pode(m): 6:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
For this single gesture, your remaining days in office as a governor, you will have peace with God and man
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by Wantedmiller: 6:45am On Apr 17, 2019
Wike..... if the constitution allow fifth term, bet with your like Wike will go for fifth term.

Is Wike a white man? No!

Greedy African Politicians.........

tired ko, tired niiiiiiii
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by Tyche(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2019
blackpanda:
Since he won, he has been begging amaechi. Why Could it be amaechi is about to unleash tsunami

O ye of little mind ...

1 Like

Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by Xisnin(m): 8:03am On Apr 17, 2019
blackpanda:
The tsunami he couldn't unleash to win elections?
Re: I’m Tired Of Being Governor -wike by GuntersChain(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2019
ogbeni calm down and finish strong, come 2023 you and okowa should vie for president if by paraventure its zoned to the east afterall rivers and delta are part of old eastern region.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Ambode. / May 29: President Buhari's Inauguration / 11 Days After Inauguration, Buhari Yet To Announce Any Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.