Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,364 members, 7,861,003 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:42 PM

I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara (27336 Views)

2024: Fubara Presents N800bn Budget Of Renewed Hope, Consolidation & Continuity / 200 Young Boys Graduated From ISWAP Training Camps In February – ISS / Just In: I’m Tired Of Being Governor - Gov Wike "Certificate Of Return" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by References1: 9:19pm On May 21
Governor Similanayi Fubara of Rivers State has said he started taking decision as a governor in February, 2024.

Fubara, who spoke on Tuesday at Egbeda Community Secondary School field, venue of the inauguration of some internal roads project in Emohua Local Government Area, inaugurated by Delta State governor, Sheriff Oborevwori, reiterated that the projects people were seeing were accomplishments of four months.

He said good governance, service and projects were being delivered at a cost-effective rate.

He said, “We are just starting but I assure you of more attention. If in four months, we can do this, and we are getting this level of applause, you can imagine what will happen when we do one year of our record time, two years of our own record time, Rivers State would have experienced something different from the regular governance.

“I know why I said four months. We started full governance in February, 2024. That was when we started taking decisions, when we started confronting governance. And I am proud to say that our people are happy with what we have done.

“What we want to do is to bring governance to our people, service delivery at record time, and in a cost effective way.

“Everything that we are doing is in my white paper. I carry it along, so, there is no issue of any manipulation. Call me any day, anytime, it is there. Even the ones I did before this time, I still have all the records.

“If you call me any day, I will bring the records of all my activities in government, because I know that as a civil servant, what is most important is record keeping; so that if you are not there, and something happens, it is just for somebody to pick up the file and he will see the history.

“That is how I am trained, and I have that in my mind before I do anything. So, I am not scared of anything. Anybody who calls me any day, anytime, I have my records to show. I have all the approvals to show that I acted based on approval and not personal decision.”

The governor assured that his administration would continue to deliver projects that impact positively on the people directly while also empowering them to live better lives.

He stated that the Egbeda Internal Roads Project had been accomplished to both satisfy the needs of the people by making them happy and solving the perennial flooding problems experienced in the area.

The Governor acknowledged the support of the people before, during and after the elections, saying what his administration owes them is the dividends of democracy that included projects and social service delivery.

Performing the inauguration of the project,Oborevwori said he drove with Fubara on the road while accessing the venue of the event, and can testify of the commitment of his brother governor to sustain infrastructure development in the State.

He said, “This road project at Egbeda bears true testimony of the commitment of the Rivers State Government towards fulfilling its promise of sustainable infrastructure development of the State.

“It is reassuring that these all-season roads will economically empower, not only the people of Egbeda, but the entire Emohua Local Government Area of Rivers State.”

https://dailytrust.com/fubara-i-didnt-take-decisions-in-my-first-8-months-as-governor/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0oxo-53pZyK5uxuE9BKBs9fKse0m5rOKgMhDOyxaX7LSzwtJyQcUMbj3A_aem_AXbsbnwB7EYm6sfZwC5q5G9ANWuoZBhnKvf_0dmfPeuIb9bVBcDJTLjCMJck6tKLXe6CYdhEgucTEFr9HhCluzkH

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by EmeeNaka: 9:24pm On May 21
Fubara making positive impacts

148 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by MaziX(m): 9:30pm On May 21
Movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by ufuosman(m): 9:36pm On May 21
Wike loyalists go say e too talk Bt wen e close mouth dem see am as mumu wen no sabi anything.

Fubara na bad coded man😂😂😂 I wish you all the best

249 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Mosdiii(m): 9:55pm On May 21
Hahahaha very funny statement from a governor

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by phemmie06(m): 9:56pm On May 21
Fubara self get vibes o..... He just wipe Wike same way Wike wipe Atiku

129 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Watinhapen(m): 9:56pm On May 21
We understand but you should apply caution and wisdom in what you do & say.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by id4sho(m): 9:56pm On May 21
Fubara FC 💯 tongue

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:56pm On May 21
If in four months, we can do this, and we are getting this level of applause, you can imagine what will happen when we do one year of our record time, two years of our own record time, Rivers State would have experienced something different from the regular governance
All of us at MANNA wish him all the very best.
We hope he is Mr Talk and Do?

God bless Rivers State.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬

rexchazy:
When did you start putting mouth in PDP matter darling daddy
Is he?
We don't know he is PDP o,
All we want is good governance,
No matter the political party.

We don carry u reach dia......

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Silencioso(f): 9:57pm On May 21
This is true, greedy and clueless wike has been a distraction to our governor..

Ride on able governor, finish your enemies with otapiapia ka afo nwuru ha oku grin

"Asari on the wheel" is already on the run, we don't know why he is running to China, I thought him and wike was claiming rivers state landlords, bunch of idiats everywhere.

31 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:57pm On May 21
so in other words, he set the Otapiapia in February, 2024.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by NaijaCover(m): 9:57pm On May 21
Following
Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by obi4eze(m): 9:57pm On May 21
grin
Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by TGreatGatsby: 9:58pm On May 21
What were u b4?
SP or SimP

1 Like

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by unity004(m): 9:58pm On May 21
Rivers Politics is very interesting. I observed this two things happening all over again.
. ex governors contest presidential elections
. ex governors falling out with their protege

7 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by tnerro1(m): 9:58pm On May 21
Jungle don mature 😆😆😆

12 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by fastseo: 9:58pm On May 21
Watinhapen:
We understand but you should apply caution and wisdom in what you do & say.

When nweke de open mouth wah wah wah de talk anyhow who hold am

He has seen his match

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Laple0541(m): 9:59pm On May 21
Ok, don’t worry, INEC will start counting your days from then. Mumu man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by izubext007: 9:59pm On May 21
So wike has been in charge since your inauguration

12 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:59pm On May 21
E nọ go beta for Wike! The guy greed is his undoing

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by YoungLionken(m): 9:59pm On May 21
Fubara is getting distracted..

Wike and his cohorts want to work on his psychology, before you know it; four years is complete with little or nothing to show for it. Thereby losing 2nd term..

But I expect him to be smart...

2 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Emma1Oj(m): 10:00pm On May 21
Jj
Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by christejames(m): 10:00pm On May 21
A breath of fresh air kiss

Sane Nigerians are with you Fubara

8 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Bullet01(f): 10:00pm On May 21
Can you imagine !

The lousy clown has been a clog in the bottle neck to this guy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by princepee: 10:00pm On May 21
Oga wike should rest abeg and allow the Man perform his duty as governor.
He is no longer the governor of river state.
And godfatherism can no longer work.
Rivers is not Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by oluwaseyi0: 10:01pm On May 21
Wike in the mud

5 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Hezzyluv: 10:01pm On May 21
Just focus on the work then and good luck to you.

@Wike, focus on FCT and good luck to you too.
Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by aguluobi: 10:01pm On May 21
OK you have 3 rock solid years to transform Rivers since no God father is disturbing you again but if God want to punish you n punish your papa after four years make you come back say God father na hin disturb you from governance or make your performance no beat that of Sanwolu. Na then you go no say ogun go kill you kill your papa.

4 Likes

Re: I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara by Melagros(m): 10:01pm On May 21
COMRADES, honestly when I heard this statement on live television broadcast today I pity the governor

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Speakership Dogara Rallies PDP, APC Reps To Stage Surprise / Tinubu Certificate Scandal: Constitutional Implications By Aisha Mohammed Agashi / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.