Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear (1040 Views)

Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix / Ear Cropping In Caucasians...is It Compulsory / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Dog4real(m): 10:34am On Apr 17, 2019
To pet lover on this forum pls advise how compulsory is it to crop a Caucasian ear and what difference does it make, I mean of what advantage is it to the dog and the owner cos I got a Caucasian recently and friend is advising me to crop the ear but I see no reason to do that please advise me.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Jungpablo: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2019
In these days and times there is really no need to crop a Caucasian ears apart from Aesthetics. Personally I think cropped ears makes them look beautiful
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by OtyandTheFangs: 1:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
Its kinda traditional, that as been passed on for about 2000 years.
Their ears were cropped for security reasons; to avoid them getting injury and injection during fights with enemies and running in bushes.
Now, those are importance of the ear-cropping.
But its not a must you follow that tradition, its your personal choice, really.
Especially if your dog doesn't do such task.
But hey, do know this, if at all your dog is to attend a Dog Show, it might get disqualified if the ears aren't cropped cause some people consider it standards.
Cheers!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
You need to crop the ears, it's the trade mark of Caucasians and it brings out the beauty in them, and it will even be advantageous for you the owner, because fleas will not be able to infest ears that have already been cropped.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Dog4real(m): 10:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
mhd5757:
You need to crop the ears, it's the trade mark of Caucasians and it brings out the beauty in them, and it will even be advantageous for you the owner, because fleas will not be able to infest ears that have already been cropped.
Aiit thanks for ur advise I will consider ur advise important and get a vet to do dat hope at 3 months is not too old to be cropped
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2019
Dog4real:
Aiit thanks for ur advise I will consider ur advise important and get a vet to do dat hope at 3 months is not too old to be cropped
no it's not, ear cropping can be done at any age, even if the dog is grown sef!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Dog4real(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
mhd5757:

no it's not, ear cropping can be done at any age, even if the dog is grown sef!
u mean even if it's grown d ear can still be cropped
Re: Is It Compulsory To Crop Caucasian Ear by Nobody: 3:11am On Apr 21, 2019
Dog4real:
u mean even if it's grown d ear can still be cropped
Yea! People do it all the time, its nothing! even my vetrinary Dr too, he does it all the time, People brings their cucasians and pitbulls to him to get their ears croped. And i dont mean puppies, i mean grown Big Dogs of 1 to 2 yrs plus.

(1) (Reply)

Two Chimpanzees Seen Taking A Shower As Got People Talking / Young Caucasian Puppy For Sale / Caucasian Mix For Urgent Sales!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.